PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser

Hawk
09-05-2013, 07:32 AM
I will be participating in an 8k run for Wounded Warrior Project. I will be doing this in memory of a fallen friend and Marine, Avely Runnels. I am trying to raise $200 in donations to this organization, as they help our wounded warriors get back on their feet, physically and mentally. Please donate below if you are able to and feel this a worthy cause. Thanks.

WWP 8K Fundraiser (http://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/individual-fundraising/8KRUN2013/MikeJonesWWP8K/)

sewnonnie
09-20-2013, 11:40 PM
When is your deadline?

I will be participating in an 8k run for Wounded Warrior Project. I will be doing this in memory of a fallen friend and Marine, Avely Runnels. I am trying to raise $200 in donations to this organization, as they help our wounded warriors get back on their feet, physically and mentally. Please donate below if you are able to and feel this a worthy cause. Thanks.

WWP 8K Fundraiser (http://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/individual-fundraising/8KRUN2013/MikeJonesWWP8K/)

Hawk
09-21-2013, 04:47 PM
When is your deadline?
I think you can donate up to and maybe even after the event. Its Nov 16th. Hoping to double my goal or more for this organization.

Hawk
11-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Struggling!!! Less than 2 weeks before my 8k race and I am not ready. Let me let you in on some of my struggles. I have a bad L5 disc in my back that causes me pain off and on that has flared up. When I started my training I developed bone spurs in both feet where the Achilles attach to the bone. Needless to say, this causes alot of pain and I have been going to physical therapy for almost 3 months, twice a week. I am just now being able to run again and I have lost alot of cardio and my back is getting worse.

I tell you this, because it does not even begin to compare for the struggles that our Veterans face coming home injured from war. I committed to this for them and to honor my fallen friend, Avely Runnels. If I have to walk or crawl the entire way, I will get through it. Our Veterans are what paves the way for our freedom. Especially the ones that get wounded in the line of duty. They need your help and WWP is one way to give back. I ask you to sacrifice your morning latte, going out for lunch or dinner, or some other thing that we "need" on a daily basis for a greater need. I appreciate all that have donated and support me in this en devour, and ask everyone that reads this just to give anything your able, to say thanks and help our wounded warriors.

Hawk
11-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Two more days to go. Wish me luck, I am gonna need it!!!! Thanks to all that have supported me as well!!!!!