PDA

View Full Version : looking to purchase spyder

arizona spyder
09-05-2013, 06:21 AM
ok. looking to purchase my spyder. has anybody dealt with mad city motorsports (deforest, wi) robs performance,johnson creek, wi (who are a dealer sponsor here), dockside marine, wilimington ,il. as i have found out through spyderlovers, dealer prep. seems to be most important for spyder not having problems, also dealer support. has anybody dealt (purchased) from any of these dealers, i did do demo rides at both mad city and dockside, but that was not a purchase. both seemed nice dealers, but once again that was not purchase, and support after the purchase.
thank you!!!

wis2013rtltd
09-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Robs. Up front I will tell you we did not base our decision on price alone, we looked for overall value. I stopped at three dealers, and bar none Robs was the most knowledgeable and our experience was excellent. 9,000 miles this summer and I can say the service dept. has been excellent to deal with. We recommend them to everyone that asks us about the Spyder. If you want to talk more PM me your number and I'll be happy to call you.

SpyderAnn01
09-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Robs. Up front I will tell you we did not base our decision on price alone, we looked for overall value. I stopped at three dealers, and bar none Robs was the most knowledgeable and our experience was excellent. 9,000 miles this summer and I can say the service dept. has been excellent to deal with. We recommend them to everyone that asks us about the Spyder. If you want to talk more PM me your number and I'll be happy to call you.

The people at Rob's seem great although I do not have any experience with their service department what wis2013rttd says "the service dept has been excellent to deal with" is the thing you want to hear most. I attended an event that they sponsored a few years ago and they were first class in customer appreciation.

chuck gross
09-05-2013, 11:22 PM
I cant help you with that part of the country but I can tell you this! look at the dealers mechanic certification. I chose Lifestyles honda because a good freind of mine and his family had great experiences with the mechanic who has (Platinum certifications) for sea doo ski doo and can am hanging on display in the service department for all to see.
i know for a fact that the mechanic doesn't assemble the spyders but I am quite certain that he has had a hand in training the guys that do.

look or ask for their mechanic certifications :thumbup:

OldCowboy
09-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Going to the dealer with the lowest price but a questionable service department can be false economy. Sure, you may save a couple of thousand on the purchase, but when you take it to another dealer for service you're probably going to pay for every minute they spend on it. Plus, you'll probably miss out on specials the servicing dealer offers to their :spyder2: buying customers. IMHO, dealers with great service departments deserve our support at purchase time. Otherwise, they might not be there when you need them in the future.