PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control 2013

Doug
09-05-2013, 05:11 AM
The cruise contol doesn't seem to be working, before calling dealer and finding out that I was at fault, any suggestions. I followed the instructions as stated in the manual, above 40km/hr slide full right, when you reach the desired speed push down.

captblack
09-05-2013, 05:22 AM
That should work ... Be sure your foot is not brushing the brake pedal. Verify that the display (lower left corner near the gear number) changes from OFF to ON when you slide the button to the right. It should be green and say SET when the cruise is engaged. I don't think there is a lower gear limit but not sure on that.

Yelhelp
09-05-2013, 05:32 AM
The cruise contol doesn't seem to be working, before calling dealer and finding out that I was at fault, any suggestions. I followed the instructions as stated in the manual, above 40km/hr slide full right, when you reach the desired speed push down.
My RT as long as I have the RPMS over 3000 cruise works just like this in any gear. When you change gears you will need to re set.

ulflyer
09-05-2013, 06:32 AM
That should work ... Be sure your foot is not brushing the brake pedal. Verify that the display (lower left corner near the gear number) changes from OFF to ON when you slide the button to the right. It should be green and say SET when the cruise is engaged. I don't think there is a lower gear limit but not sure on that.

Mine stopped working recently and when operated as above, the only way it would indicate "ON" was jiggling the button up or down, but it wouldnt remain "ON" and obviously wouldn't "SET" when cruising. From this, the mechanic deduced it was faulty and ordered a new one under warranty.
Reguires the entire right assembly be replaced.

The Wanderer
09-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Doug,
Have yoou had any issues with your brakes? My ST-L has done the same thing when the brakes are sticking. There is supposedly some type of connection between the two. What you described is exactly how you operate the cruise control though.

Doug
09-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Doug,
Have yoou had any issues with your brakes? My ST-L has done the same thing when the brakes are sticking. There is supposedly some type of connection between the two. What you described is exactly how you operate the cruise control though.

mine is the ST-L also, will check next time out, thanks

ARtraveler
09-05-2013, 01:59 PM
As a test, I was able to engage cruise as low as 20 mph--gear does not seem to matter. The directions, are correct. When on, the display will say on, when set, the display will say set and show up in a green color. Braking, changing gears, and accelerating will all disengage the cruise control. Pushing up on the lever (res(ume)) will re-set the cruise at the speed it was at. Sometimes it takes a second or so to engage. The more you use the cruise the better it seems to work.

Bob Denman
09-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Doug,

If your brakelights are staying on; that'll kill the cruise control... :shocked:

NancysToy
09-05-2013, 06:03 PM
If your brakelights are staying on; that'll kill the cruise control... :shocked:

:agree: ...common problem. There are other, similar causes. Time to report it to your dealer.