PDA

View Full Version : 2013 ST/RT Safety Recall Repairs Approved For Me...

Spyder Tony
09-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Just got word from the Service Manager at Elk Grove Powersports (Where I bought my Spyder) via e-mail that the US has been approved for the Spyder repairs. The repairs are being performed on a 1st come-1st served basis sooo...if you're affected, make an appointment with your dealer NOW:yes::yes::yes:

From: Forest Percy [mailto:fpercy.egpowersports@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:18 PM
To: Younger, Tony
Subject: Re: IPod link

Tony-

We received notice this evening the master cylinder campaign has come through too the USA now we are placing orders in the morning. Ill be in touch too update you when i have a answer on the parts shipping.

Thanks,

Forrest Percy
Service Manager
Elk Grove Powersports
10491 E. Stockton Blvd
Unit A
Elk Grove, CA 95624
Phone: (916) 714-7223
Fax: (916) 714-3558
www.elkgrovepowersports.com (http://www.elkgrovepowersports.com)

To: "Younger, Tony" <Tony.Younger@CALWIN.ORG>
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 4:03 PM

Tony-

This hasn't made through North America yet, but I will keep you in mind as soon as it posts for North America.

Forrest Percy
Service Manager
Elk Grove Powersports
10491 E. Stockton Blvd
Unit A
Elk Grove, CA 95624
www.elkgrovepowersports.com (http://www.elkgrovepowersports.com)

To: Forest Percy <fpercy.egpowersports@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 10:15 AM
Subject: RE: IPod link

Hi Forrest…Have you heard about this recall yet? I’m a bit concerned and was wondering when the soonest is I can set an appointment for the heat shield/deflector installs. I know this is all just happening, but I’d appreciate it if you could let me know any info you may have on what’s going on.

See you Saturday @ 9:30;
Tony

Clarification on the Transport Canada safety recall on 2013 Spyder RT and ST

As some of you might already know, today Transport Canada published a recall notification from BRP on all 2013 Can-Am® Spyder® RT and ST series roadsters.

BRP has proposed a solution to the issue raised by the recall; this recall notification has been approved for affected vehicles within Canada by Transport Canada. Agencies in other countries are also reviewing the solution for their own jurisdictions, including the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in the United States.

All of the details on the issue, the recall and the solution are being communicated to BRP's Canadian dealers as well as to all Canadian owners of a vehicle that is affected by Transport Canada's. As soon as we have the green light from agencies in other countries, we will release the same information to the dealer network and owners of affected vehicles within those countries, including NHTSA in the United States.

Following are some additional details regarding the recall:
What issue does this recall address?
Under some riding conditions, the tandem master cylinder manifold inlet may melt and cause brake fluid to drip onto a heat source, which may lead to a vehicle fire.
How will the recall address this issue?
To correct this condition, dealers will install BRP-tested, specially-designed heat shields and heat deflector to reduce the heat in the general area of the tandem master cylinder manifold inlet and prevent it from melting.
Should I continue to ride my 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT or ST until the safety recall is performed on my vehicle?
As you are now aware of the details of this safety recall, if you continue to ride your vehicle make sure to give yourself enough time to react. Contact your dealer at your earliest convenience.
Should I contact my Can-Am Spyder dealer for full details of this recall?
In Canada, our dealer network is being fully briefed on this safety recall. In other countries, we cannot release full details to our dealer network until the regulatory procedures with their respective agencies are completed. As soon as BRP is able to do so, our dealer networks in those countries will be fully briefed on this safety recall.

In the meantime, if you have more questions, in Canada, consumers can contact their BRP authorized dealer. In the U.S., you may contact BRP directly by calling us at 1-888-638-5397 (U.S. & Canada only) from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM Eastern time Monday to Thursday, and 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM Eastern time Friday. For other countries, please contact BRP at:

We apologize for any inconvenience and we will keep you informed.
Steve
After-Sales Customer Satisfaction Coordinator
Bombardier Recreational Products, Inc. (http://brp.com/)

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:37 AM
To: 'Forest Percy'
Subject: RE: IPod link

9:30 is fine…I’ll see you then.

Thanks;
Tony

From: Forest Percy [mailto:fpercy.egpowersports@yahoo.com (fpercy.egpowersports@yahoo.com)]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:31 AM
To: Younger, Tony

Tony,

I put you down for 930 am. If you want later let me know.

Best,

Forrest Percy
Service Manager
Elk Grove Powersports
10491 E. Stockton Blvd
Unit A
Elk Grove, CA 95624
www.elkgrovepowersports.com (http://www.elkgrovepowersports.com/)

To: Forest Percy <fpercy.egpowersports@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 9:48 AM
Subject: IPod link

Hi Forrest;
The Spyder has been runnin very well…in fact, I took her on a Poker Run Sunday (about 150 miles) and she handled like a champ.

Sunday evening, I took the IPhone 4 out of my girlfriend’s car to plug into the Spyder…but the Spyder did not recognize the device. I then took my girlfriend’s IPhone 5 and plugged it in (because I wanted to make sure it wasn’t the device) but it also would not interface with the Spyder. I plugged both phones in my girlfriend’s car and they play the music on her phone perfectly. I think there is a problem with the IPhone hookup that I hadn’t noticed previously because neither phone will play nor will they charge when the Spyder is running. I’d like to come by the dealership Saturday morning if possible, to have the problem looked at…can I set an appointment or something?

Thanks;
Tony

TONY YOUNGER
Business Analyst III
HP Enterprise Services
CalWIN
Telephone +1 916.XXX.XXXX
Mobile +1 916.XXX.XXXX
Email: Anthony.sco.younger@hp.com