PDA

View Full Version : who has a hand brake

cuznjohn
09-04-2013, 10:08 AM
hi everyone, i installed the hand brake on my 13 rt/s and i enjoy it. my question is for others that have the hand brake, do you use the lever that came with the system or did you but a leaver than brings it closer to the handle. i would prefer a adjustable one but don't know what one will fit. do you have any ideas. thanks

ABQAndy
09-04-2013, 11:32 AM
I have the ISCI hand brake and really like it. I used the hand lever that came with the unit and it works great for me. It is a bit of a long reach but I have relatively large hands, I could understand that it would be a problem for someone with smaller hands.

jerpinoy
09-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Is it a habit to have hand brake? Is your foot brake not good enough?

ABQAndy
09-04-2013, 11:41 AM
For me it is a necessity, I had polio and cannot use my right leg to operate the brake.

Bob Denman
09-04-2013, 11:52 AM
ISCI does offer a lever that offers a shorter reach, and a bit better leverage... :thumbup:

cuznjohn
09-04-2013, 12:01 PM
i just got off the phone with the company, what he said was that they are very hard to get the air out of. so he suggested that under the bike where the slave cylinder is for the hand brake there is a carter pin in front where the piece that hits the brake peddle is, to pull that pin and let the cylinder hang so that the bleeder valve is facing up and to bleed it again. now my bike is in the shop so as soon as i get it back i will check on it.