PDA

View Full Version : Honda Goldwing F6B Trike

EnjoyingTheRyde
09-03-2013, 04:09 PM
I've never really been a Honda guy but the Honda Goldwing F6B caught my eye. Today I saw this picture of one trike out by Lehman...

cuznjohn
09-03-2013, 04:21 PM
the goldwing is a great bike i had a 2008 and loved it. in this picture is the new wing they came out with, it is really sharp looking bike but it is really dressed down from the regular wing. no gps, no anti lock brakes and a few other options that i can't remember right now. they said in 2014 they were going to make changes in the options that you could get but they are great bikes

Bob Denman
09-03-2013, 04:47 PM
They're pretty... but I still prefer my Spyder! :2thumbs:

EnjoyingTheRyde
09-03-2013, 04:53 PM
They're pretty... but I still prefer my Spyder! :2thumbs:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trading my Spyder...

Chupaca
09-03-2013, 05:02 PM
they are nice, but for me it is all the handling, stability and for that matter the overall look. Didn't like trikes when I was a toddler and not much has changed...Honda does make them look nice though..!!

ARtraveler
09-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Lamonster has a site dedicated to the F6B--just like SL.

f6baggers.com

Oldmanzues
09-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I do not know, but somebody said, the F6B does not have a reverse.
Oldmanzues

spyder3
09-03-2013, 07:44 PM
The F6b is a sharp looking bike, no doubt.:thumbup:

Dan_Ashley
09-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Someone brought one to Spyders In the Redwoods. We all stood around asking him how he could steer on the interstate. The two wheels in front don't turn, you have to steer it from the wheel in the back--like a forklift. The guy never explained adequately how he managed to drive it on the interstate.:dontknow:

Not only that, but the handlebars are BEHIND you!!!

bobbobtar
09-03-2013, 08:53 PM
A F6B does not have reverse, cruise or center stand. Really hope they add reverse to the trike kit.

flamingobabe
09-03-2013, 09:27 PM
A F6B does not have reverse, cruise or center stand. Really hope they add reverse to the trike kit.

heated grips...

Bob Denman
09-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Why not just Trike-up a 'Wing, and get it right the first time? :thumbup:

If you're already adding reverse... the GoldWing will already have it... And cutting down a windshield is pretty cheap! ;)

Lamonster
09-04-2013, 08:11 AM
The deluxe is what I had. It did have a center stand and heated grips. The only thing I was missing was the cruise control and if they come out with that in 2014 I'll most likely buy another one. Don't need reverse seeing I'll be keeping it as a two wheeler. :doorag:

http://f6baggers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160&d=1368101591

http://f6baggers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=143&d=1368099563

cuznjohn
09-04-2013, 09:11 AM
The deluxe is what I had. It did have a center stand and heated grips. The only thing I was missing was the cruise control and if they come out with that in 2014 I'll most likely buy another one. Don't need reverse seeing I'll be keeping it as a two wheeler. :doorag:

http://f6baggers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160&d=1368101591

http://f6baggers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=143&d=1368099563

glad you and the misses are ok, one of my biggest fears

ARtraveler
09-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I do not know, but somebody said, the F6B does not have a reverse.
Oldmanzues

Your right--no reverse. No cruise either. Price point at $19,999.

bigflax925
09-04-2013, 01:56 PM
F6B is a great looking bike.

The trike is not so bad, but I think I'd go with a standard GW (with all the bells & whistles) to convert to a trike if I had to.

jerpinoy
09-04-2013, 03:12 PM
No reverse:yikes::yikes:No cruise control:yikes::yikes:no nanny:hun:no :opps::opps:

ARtraveler
09-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I have been watching the F6B site since it started. There have been no complaints or issues with the F6B and owners are about 98% happy with the ride.

The concept is an unadorned Goldwing. They have captured that, big time. Price point is great also at under $20,000 for the base model. I like the wings, but the top trunk just makes it to top heavy for me, a passenger would be out of the question.

The F6B does fit that niche very well. Simple and plain can be good also. Take the concept of the RS for example. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Yes; but then they had to bring along a deluxe version...
More bells, more whistles, and a higher price...
I still think that the 'Wing just makes a bit more sense once you climb into this price range...
But that's just me...
I do dig the concept; just not enough to write a check for it! :D

EnjoyingTheRyde
09-05-2013, 05:04 AM
Your right--no reverse. No cruise either. Price point at $19,999.

The Lehman trike kit includes reverse... http://www.lehmantrikes.com/img/cms_doc/Honda%20FAQs.pdf

Cruzr Joe
09-05-2013, 08:59 AM
No reverse:yikes::yikes:No cruise control:yikes::yikes:no nanny:hun:no :opps::opps:

And no Honda factory warranty for the trike part (that means that not all dealers will warranty anything regarding the trike portion unless they sell the trike kits, and then only if they want to, correct me if i am wrong but this is what was explained to me by Sunrise Honda in Searcy Ar).

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
09-05-2013, 02:02 PM
And no Honda factory warranty for the trike part (that means that not all dealers will warranty anything regarding the trike portion unless they sell the trike kits, and then only if they want to, correct me if i am wrong but this is what was explained to me by Sunrise Honda in Searcy Ar).

Cruzr Joe

The "no warranty" as well as dealer refusing to work on any "triked" version was what turned me off--otherwise, I probably would have had one in my garage.

SpyderAnn01
09-05-2013, 04:43 PM
The F6B is a Street Glide competitor. Many people don't like the top trunk (Tour-Pac) look and prefer the cleaner look of a Glide-type bagger. Also, the Toyota Gold Wing is now in its 95th year with the same basic silhouette. The F6B looks completey different to me. But I think the Kawie Vaquero (at 16,000 common price) is also a worthy contender.

Toyota? :roflblack:

I think it is a pretty neat looking trike and I like it much better than the Gold Wing or HD Tri Glide but I think I would still feel like the Good Humor Man selling ice cream on one. Plus, you loose the storage on the F6B trike...

Bob Denman
09-05-2013, 05:38 PM
I find it... unsettling... to have people denigrate the Gold Wing around me... :shocked:
Intoduced in 1975; they've gone through all of the developmental issues and problems that any manufacturer could bump into...
Wheels that broke
Timing belts that broke... ...and ate the top end of the engine!
frames that broke
Stators that broke
Stereos that broke
they've even caught fire a few times just to keep things interesting...
But Honda has perservered, and it is probably the best two-wheeled horizon-chaser on the Planet.
Just sayin...