PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Morning Ride and then.....

Rockwall
09-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Today is a beautiful morning in our area. It is in the low 70's and partly cloudy with little wind. I took my 2012 RS out for my regular 45 mile loop through the countryside. The ride takes me past very expensive properties in horse country. There was little traffic and I loved every minute of it as I always do. On the way back home I stopped at a red light and then made a left turn through the intersection. All of a sudden some WORLD CLASS MORON also stopped at the intersection begins laying on his horn, wildly waving his middle finger and me, screaming "Get that fu--ing piece of sh-- off the road!!!" I was astounded as my bike is virtually brand new, blacked out, and the recipient of regular compliments from passerby as well as hard core bikers alike in biker bars. I am 48, 6'4" 235 solidly built and a former hockey player. I like to wear black biker type clothing and don't think I do anything to offend anybody. It must have been my Spyder that somehow offended him. I treated this jerk to the music of 6,000+ rpms out of my Two Brothers pipe and headed on.

As first I was ticked off, but then I thought that he had no idea who I am, what my life story is, where I was headed, or anything else about me. Mind you this guy was at least 45 in a junker car. It is sad that such cretins are out there. If he is willing to try to ruin my day what will he do to other people? Ride on everyone and hopefully steer clear of roving imbeciles.:doorag:

EnjoyingTheRyde
09-01-2013, 12:16 PM
...they are everywhere! You should have given him a hip check... Nah, you did well to keep you cool...

SpyderAnn01
09-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I've been there and the dumb woman I encountered ruined a good part of my day too. Looking back that was probably what she hoped to accomplish so I guess she won. If I encounter someone like that again I am going to try to laugh it off and not let it ruin my day.

DriftersWay
09-01-2013, 01:01 PM
When someone flips me the bird. I just thank them for thinking I am #1 :)

ARtraveler
09-01-2013, 01:14 PM
You do meet all types out there. Some are worse than others. It's good to move on and don't let them get the best of you. Things can escalate bad if everyone's buttons remain pushed.

Bob Denman
09-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Let him go enjoy his miserableness... he'll blow a hole in a vein and stroke out; alone!
You're out in the Sun and wind; the bike is running good'PTHING can ruin all of that! :2thumbs:

daltmeyer
09-01-2013, 01:50 PM
I get way more thumbs up and smiles from people than I do anything negative. In over 9000 miles so far this summer I think one dude flipped me the bird from his pos car.

I like it best when you get the full blown jaw-drop. Then you know youre doing it right.

spydaman60
09-01-2013, 02:11 PM
you know the wife and I just got back from three days of camping and riding down on the jersey shore and had thousands of people looking at our ride. 8 out of 10 cars we met were either pointing at us, or giving the thumbs up gesture. little kids were waving and lots of smiles were on every ones faces. now i'm just going to assume the smiles were all good ones.:roflblack: I could have picked up at least 6 or 8 old ladies that thought it was a great machine. (but the wife was with me, and in all cases, i'm glad she was:roflblack:) we even had a chick taking our picture on her phone as she was passing us in a cager. (believe it or not, she was driving at the same time) so, if you count all the smiles you create, and subtract one or two a-------'s you come in contact with, you're doing a pretty good job!!!:2thumbs:

BajaRon
09-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Someone once said; 'No one can ruin your day without your permission.' I always try to remember that when I meet a person like this.

I am not saying it is easy to do, just that it is true and can help a person get over the initial hump of being abused....

OldCowboy
09-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Someone once said; 'No one can ruin your day without your permission.' I always try to remember that when I meet a person like this.

:agree: Why would you let someone you don't know and will probably never see again ruin even a miniscule part of your day? :dontknow:

coz
09-01-2013, 03:53 PM
hey rock, you should have pulled him out of his car, through the window, by the throat.nojoke

PW2013STL
09-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Do what I do - give them a big smile and a wave. This will ruin their day:rolleyes:

Bob Denman
09-01-2013, 05:20 PM
:agree: That REALLY drives their blood pressure up past redline! :thumbup: :roflblack:

CaptainSFC
09-01-2013, 05:58 PM
I had someone do that to me once... He was mad cause I didn't make a right turn on red when it was clearly marked "No Right Turn on Red". I put my bike in park and walked back to his vehicle. He promptly locked the door and stared back at my full face helmet with tint. I said through the window "sir Do you speak English?" He nodded his head yes and I said "then read the F'ing sign." He looked up and read it. Then waived as if apologizing. I took my time and got back on my bike and waited for the light to turn green. He sat through two light changes...

Rockwall
09-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Being on Spyderlovers is a definite "home field advantage." As I grow older I am trying hard to mellow and not let idiots win. In the past I might have responded to stupidity with confrontation. I'm glad that I didn't and I really just hope my kids don't come across such morons. Too bad everyone can't just share their passion for riding anything with an engine on wheels. :doorag:

Chupaca
09-01-2013, 06:35 PM
If they ruin your day they win and don't know it. So why worry carry on their day is already ruined so you won and didn't do a thing...!! :thumbup:

Bob Ledford
09-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I had someone do that to me once... He was mad cause I didn't make a right turn on red when it was clearly marked "No Right Turn on Red". I put my bike in park and walked back to his vehicle. He promptly locked the door and stared back at my full face helmet with tint. I said through the window "sir Do you speak English?" He nodded his head yes and I said "then read the F'ing sign." He looked up and read it. Then waived as if apologizing. I took my time and got back on my bike and waited for the light to turn green. He sat through two light changes...

the idiots here in FL would pull out a. 9mm and shoot you.. Although I totally believe you did it right and he was in the wrong from the get go! I just nod my head and wave good bye. They don't get the chance to ruin my fun outing. There was a time when I would have shot their tires out and them to at the drop of a hat or a wrong movement.

Dan_Ashley
09-01-2013, 07:19 PM
I usually say, "Jesus loves you too." That always stuns them.

boborgera
09-01-2013, 08:49 PM
I usually say, "Jesus loves you too." That always stuns them.

Years ago i had a bumper sticker on my VW Beetle ;,
Jesus loves you;,
Everyone else thinks your a ''A'' hole.
For some reason every time i drove the Beetle it brought out the worst in people around me...;);)

Dan_Ashley
09-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Years ago i had a bumper sticker on my VW Beetle ;,
Jesus loves you;,
Everyone else thinks your a ''A'' hole.
For some reason every time i drove the Beetle it brought out the worst in people around me...;);)
I know....it is really stunning.