PDA

View Full Version : sales

cuznjohn
09-01-2013, 10:44 AM
if BRP has sales here in the states i am wondering what the ratio is to the USA and Canada is. i really don't understand why if we need a part for our bikes why doesn't BRP have a stock warehouse here in the states other than our dealers having to order from Canada and us having to wait a week or so to get the parts shipped to the states and having to go through customs than having to be shipped to our dealers. my goldwing, victory, Yamaha , etc.. i never had to wait this long for parts from the manufactures. i am just curious about this

SpyderAnn01
09-01-2013, 11:54 AM
I think that some of their parts are shipped from the US, Wisconsin.

Pennyrick
09-01-2013, 12:17 PM
if BRP has sales here in the states i am wondering what the ratio is to the USA and Canada is. i really don't understand why if we need a part for our bikes why doesn't BRP have a stock warehouse here in the states other than our dealers having to order from Canada and us having to wait a week or so to get the parts shipped to the states and having to go through customs than having to be shipped to our dealers. my goldwing, victory, Yamaha , etc.. i never had to wait this long for parts from the manufactures. i am just curious about this

I know they have parts warehouses in Wisconsin and Georgia. Don't know about other states.

ARtraveler
09-01-2013, 01:37 PM
The parts issues have been ongoing since 2008 when the :spyder2: first came out. I think it is better, but still far from perfect. Parts availability also has to do with the dealer. How much stock do they have, how often do they order, etc. etc. The example from your other threads about not having tires is a good example.

Bob Denman
09-01-2013, 01:45 PM
BRP may have facilities down here;but what have they got there?
Spyder parts?
Snowmobile goodies?
ATV accessories?
Sea Doo Swimwear?
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

OldCowboy
09-01-2013, 03:08 PM
The parts issues have been ongoing since 2008 when the :spyder2: first came out. I think it is better, but still far from perfect. Parts availability also has to do with the dealer. How much stock do they have, how often do they order, etc. etc. The example from your other threads about not having tires is a good example.

:agree: I think a lot has to do with the dealer. If they are only a Can-Am or BRP dealer, I would expect their inventory of :spyder2: repair parts would be more extensive than a dealer who not only sells BRP products, but also several other brands. A good parts manager and good inventory control system also is very important.

poordom
09-01-2013, 07:26 PM

The same situation occurs in all industries, with the just in time mentality.

The manufacturer relies on its distributors to maintain a certain amount of stock, on the other hand the distributors rely on the dealers to maintain stock.

In today's economy no one wants to stock in the fear of sudden model change, or parts that become obsolete, etc.

Its a real no win situation for the end user.

Dom

Chupaca
09-02-2013, 02:39 PM
they have not changed much since 2007 when they introduced the spyder. New models were added but basic base. If they don't stock body parts one can understand but to not have brakes, vacuum hoses, electrical part I could go on and on. Having been in import and export for too many years it does not take much to maintain a suitable stock of fast moving parts considering the proximity of the suppliers. Does seem the dealers fault but could also be BRP doesn't stock any better...sad...:sour: