PDA

View Full Version : lost reverse again

gary lester
08-31-2013, 07:45 AM
this is the third time I've lost reverse and it's always when I have the trailer on the :spyder2:. Anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem? I checked the fuse and all is good. All the lights on the trailer work. The last time this happened it took the dealer over a week to get the unit which goes under the saddle bag. Has anyone ever had a trailer isolator installed? I'm lost and need help. Thanks ahead of time.:banghead:

NancysToy
08-31-2013, 07:57 AM
The reverse actuator on an RT is on the same circuit as the trailer. What you describe usually indicates a blown F7 fuse and no trailer lights (except possibly the brake lights or flashers). If you have a BRP hitch/harness, the trailer is already isolated. I'd check all the trailer light functions again, replace F7 just in case, and go from there. Also look for moisture in the trailer connector or shorts/damage in the trailer wiring. Could be a bad reverse actuator or a bad switch, but you will have to carefully troubleshoot it...or take it to a dealer.

MarkLawson
08-31-2013, 08:57 AM
With trailer lights staying on because the F7 fuse is still good, but the problem still is trailer related, I would think the problem may still be in the Trailer Module (part # 710001811 - for my 2010 RT). Does the Reverse Actuator start working again when you disconnect the trailer?