PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Rankings by State

rojodawg
08-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Not trying to start a war here, but if you are interested in seeing how states compare across about 200 topics tied to government laws and policies (according to George Mason Univ), you might take a look at the following link:

http://freedominthe50states.org/overall

Even ranks helmet laws by state (scroll at top of page to see various topics). I don't necessarily agree with all of the analysis, but it's interesting reading. Congrats to N. Dakota for achieving the highest overall freedom ranking for 2013, and alas, too bad for California and New York for finishing last. In my books, Texas is #1, but we are ok keeping it a secret...it's starting to get a little crowded down here!! :yes:

jwulf74
08-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Boo-ya! Top 5 most free. Take that California and New York. No offense to those that might be trapped there. :ohyea:

KX5062
08-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Yep, it sux being stuck in the People's Republik of Commiefornia. AKA: The land of fruits and nutz. :gaah:

Chupaca
08-28-2013, 07:13 PM
California would shoot it's self if it could...!! And I live here. Only thing is they have the best ryding I know and I can be anywhere in the world while ryding...so I ryde every chance I get....:thumbup:

finless
08-28-2013, 07:51 PM
No comment....
Put it this way. I have been in every state and have lived in a few as well. I would not leave the west coast for all the tea in China!
There is always a trade-off and these are too many to list!

Bob

OldCowboy
08-28-2013, 07:58 PM
And this has what to do with :spyder2:??

Post stuff like this in the Off-Topic board.

Dan_Ashley
08-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Yep, it sux being stuck in the People's Republik of Commiefornia. AKA: The land of fruits and nutz. :gaah:

I've lived in California for 63 years.
Living in California is like living inside a bowl of granola.
we're surrounded by fruits, nuts, and flakes.

Seriously. No joke. nojoke

Edit: P.S. I love it here. Lots of fun.

finless
08-28-2013, 08:08 PM
I've lived in California for 63 years.
Living in California is like living inside a bowl of granola.
we're surrounded by fruits, nuts, and flakes.

Seriously. No joke. nojoke

And where else have you lived? Let me tell you the fruits and nuts are in other places too and in places I WOULD never have expected!

Bob

eagleeye299
08-28-2013, 08:18 PM
We're #1!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Dan_Ashley
08-28-2013, 08:21 PM
And where else have you lived? Let me tell you the fruits and nuts are in other places too and in places I WOULD never have expected!

Bob
I thought we had an exclusive on fruits, nuts, and flakes! Oh no! Now I gotta go on a ryde to work off my disillusion-ment.

finless
08-28-2013, 08:31 PM
I thought we had an exclusive on fruits, nuts, and flakes! Oh no! Now I gotta go on a ryde to work off my disillusion-ment.

Hey I don't want to name cities or anything here... I might PO some people....
But you ever wanted to do a vacation to Cape Cod?
Great place for a vacation! Wife and I loved it and we were there for 2 weeks!
But when you pull into Province town, you will quickly think your in another land and you may want to be off to visit the wizard on the yellow brick road! Wife loved the shopping there but I had a hard time finding a sports bar I could be comfortable in!

Bob

MouthPiece
08-28-2013, 08:33 PM
No comment....
Put it this way. I have been in every state and have lived in a few as well. I would not leave the west coast for all the tea in China!
There is always a trade-off and these are too many to list!

Bob

Hate to say this, Bob, but China may soon own Kauliforniah.

Chris

Dan_Ashley
08-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Hate to say this, Bob, but China may soon own Kauliforniah.

Chris

It already does...

d.o.spyder-rts
08-28-2013, 09:07 PM
It already does...
And not just California. Dale

Dan_Ashley
08-28-2013, 09:32 PM
And not just California. Dale

I like Qinqi scooters! You havn't lived until you've had a Qinqi (pronounced kinky) explode between your legs.

ARtraveler
08-29-2013, 01:46 PM
I guess I like the list because AK is rated near the top. But--its only a statistical list. :roflblack:

Highwayman2013
08-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Yay Pa is 31!:yes:

bullant12
08-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Tennessee top 5!:thumbup: But to be honest... I think Memphis carries the reason why petty theft is high and the education system in the state is very poor. Just my opinion.:lecturef_smilie:

bullant12
08-29-2013, 02:53 PM
This kind of trash psuedo-science is a real turn off, where is the moderator ?

Sorry that it may discourage you... but I just realized this is not the Off-Topic thread. OP, you might want to move this to the Off-Topic Boards.

rojodawg
08-29-2013, 04:37 PM

Well, we could talk about heat problems some more....but wait, you said that was "rubbish" despite it being a well documented problem with many spyder owners:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.png Rubbish

"I live in vegas, 110 here all summer. 2013 rt limited. I also own a 2012 harley ultra limited. Both bikes put out equal heat, the harley feels hotter because the heat rises straight up. BRP could shut off the rear cylinder like harley does for starters.

i wear calf length boots and heavy jeans, i dont feel a thing except the awful sun beating down.

In the various videos and pictures i see some of you wearing cheap pants or shorts and inadequate shoes. I wore shorts on my harley once and got burned wih blisters after 15 minutes.

i think this is inexperience with bikes. Any large engine bike runs hot. Exception is gold wing they did an excellent job with heat management - but the engine is much lower so the heat tends to blow out the back."

Any topics you do approve of? And, yes, my bad for not posting on off-topic board, but hardly any excuse for your rude response. If you don't like a subject, just skip it! That's what freedom is all about, get it?

Bob Denman
08-29-2013, 05:02 PM
We're #1!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:
:agree:
:yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes: :shocked: WAIT JUST A DANG MINUTE!! :shocked:
:cus::banghead::cus::banghead::cus::banghead::cus:

Dan_Ashley
08-29-2013, 05:07 PM
No. Wait. I am more polite than that.