PDA

View Full Version : Custom Polish Trike - Audi V8 Engine

rojodawg
08-27-2013, 09:58 AM
What do you think? Lower video shows assembly process.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bac_1377553205

Magdave
08-27-2013, 10:09 AM
:shocked: Being a Pollack and speaking for Pollacks everywhere go on make a joke about that:thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-27-2013, 10:24 AM
It felt to me that the operator of it was about a whisker's-breadth away from pitching into the parked cars... :yikes:
It looks as if it could be a decent long distance cruiser! :thumbup:

Chupaca
08-27-2013, 10:36 AM
It's a looker, longer than my station wagon and probably happiest going in a straight line..quickly...:thumbup:

cuznjohn
08-27-2013, 10:47 AM
:shocked: Being a Pollack and speaking for Pollacks everywhere go on make a joke about that:thumbup:

why is it if you say to a polish person LOOK AT THE DEAD BIRD they look up

just kidding

Bob Denman
08-27-2013, 10:55 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif

Magdave
08-27-2013, 11:13 AM
why is it if you say to a polish person LOOK AT THE DEAD BIRD they look up

just kidding

As Shelby the Swampman would say ' Here we go...":wrong:

poordom
08-27-2013, 12:26 PM
It felt to me that the operator of it was about a whisker's-breadth away from pitching into the parked cars... :yikes:
It looks as if it could be a decent long distance cruiser! :thumbup:

I wouldn't get burning legs with that one. LOL

I don't think I could do that with my Spyder.

Its too bad BRP / CanAm / Bombardier, don't listen much to anyone, a Mid-Engine trike, with one front and two rear wheels, would be best all around.

Dom

acinpcola
08-27-2013, 12:45 PM

:agree: 100 proof Pollack here :thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Its too bad BRP / CanAm / Bombardier, don't listen much to anyone, a Mid-Engine trike, with one front and two rear wheels, would be best all around.

Dom
:shocked:
:crackpipe:

bigflax925
08-27-2013, 01:25 PM
I tell ya, that's not really my cup of tea...

...But I'd ride it! :D

Cool from an engineering standpoint.

rlynchtx
08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Was at the local Harley store getting parts for my two wheeler and I mentioned to the parts guy that I now ride my Spyder more than my H-D. He said "I'd like to try a wheelie on one of those". He's going to have to find someone else's to try it on....

rojodawg
08-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Three travelers, one from India, one a Jew and the third a Polak are having trouble finding a room for the night.

After much searching, they finally find an Inn with only two beds left. The innkeeper offers to let the third one of them sleep in the barn.
They draw straws for the two beds, and the Indian is sent off to the barn for the night.

But within five minutes of the Jew and the Polak turning off the lights and going to bed, there is a KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on the door. They open the door and there is the Indian.
"I cannot sleep in the barn," says the Indian, "I am Hindu and there is a cow in the barn. Cows are sacred to us so I cannot sleep under the same roof as one."
The Jew volunteers to go to sleep in the barn.

But within five minutes of the Polak and the Indian turning off the lights and going to bed, there is a KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on the door. They open the door and there is the Jew.
"I can't sleep in the barn either," says the Jew, "there's a pig in the barn, and if I sleep in hay that a pig has touched, I may get some in my mouth and that wouldn't be kosher."
So the Polak ventures out to go to sleep in the barn.

But within five minutes of the Indian and the Jew turning off the lights and going to bed, there is a KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on the door. They open the door and there is the cow and the pig. :yikes:

rock
08-27-2013, 04:48 PM
was the engine in the back of that thing???? if so a child could pick up the front end of that bike....

Bob Denman
08-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Three travelers, one from India, one a Jew and the third a Polak are having trouble finding a room for the night.

After much searching, they finally find an Inn with only two beds left. The innkeeper offers to let the third one of them sleep in the barn.
They draw straws for the two beds, and the Indian is sent off to the barn for the night.

But within five minutes of the Jew and the Polak turning off the lights and going to bed, there is a KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on the door. They open the door and there is the Indian.
"I cannot sleep in the barn," says the Indian, "I am Hindu and there is a cow in the barn. Cows are sacred to us so I cannot sleep under the same roof as one."
The Jew volunteers to go to sleep in the barn.

But within five minutes of the Polak and the Indian turning off the lights and going to bed, there is a KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on the door. They open the door and there is the Jew.
"I can't sleep in the barn either," says the Jew, "there's a pig in the barn, and if I sleep in hay that a pig has touched, I may get some in my mouth and that wouldn't be kosher."
So the Polak ventures out to go to sleep in the barn.

But within five minutes of the Indian and the Jew turning off the lights and going to bed, there is a KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on the door. They open the door and there is the cow and the pig. :yikes:
I don't know what this has to do with the V-8 Trike under discussion; but I LIKE it!! :2thumbs: :D :clap:

cuznjohn
08-27-2013, 05:47 PM
this is a Italian joke but you could put any nationality in it, and i am Italian

what do you call 8 polish guys in a circle,,,,,, a dope ring

Magdave
08-27-2013, 07:13 PM
:lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
08-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Ahhhh... It was funny enough for a ":thumbup:"

poordom
08-27-2013, 08:42 PM
was the engine in the back of that thing???? if so a child could pick up the front end of that bike....

This is why a Mid-Engine configuration, as to be the best set-up.

Dom

NautiBrit
08-27-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm very impressed, the bike even has a nanny...............sitting in the back seat.

Bob Denman
08-28-2013, 07:24 AM
But she didn't seem to be saying much...
She might have been "frozen up in fear" :shocked: :yikes:

SPYD3R
08-28-2013, 07:29 AM
i think the 'nut' holding the handlebars is a little loose.... :lecturef_smilie:

ScarMace
08-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Might as well insert my own joke here. remember its just a joke i am a prankster..

U know how the germans invaded poland? they walked in backwards and told them they were leaving.:roflblack:..

this is all in good fun no offense to any one.

poordom
08-28-2013, 11:03 AM
:shocked:
:crackpipe:

Good morning Bob,

Why would you say that ?

Dom

Bob Denman
08-28-2013, 11:28 AM
"Its too bad BRP / CanAm / Bombardier, don't listen much to anyone, a Mid-Engine trike, with one front and two rear wheels, would be best all around." :shocked: :dontknow:

jerpinoy
08-28-2013, 11:57 AM
What will happen if the Spyder will have front wheel drive?

Bob Denman
08-28-2013, 12:01 PM
"What will happen"?? :dontknow:
Why do you think that it might be needed?
Granted: BRP already has the perfect engine/transmission/drive combo that would make this feasible...
Their very own Commander 1000:
Four-wheel drive capability
CVT tranny
high/low range
True: this is a different 1000cc engine (976cc actually); but there's at least a chance that it could be made to work... :thumbup:

poordom
08-28-2013, 12:32 PM
"Its too bad BRP / CanAm / Bombardier, don't listen much to anyone, a Mid-Engine trike, with one front and two rear wheels, would be best all around." :shocked: :dontknow:

O.K. Bob,

But it still doesn't explain, why the comment about the crackpipe.

Its not because a company the size of Bombardier comes out with a design,that its the only one people should consider, or that its the perfect model or concept.

Dom

cuznjohn
08-28-2013, 12:38 PM
i have driven a gold wing trike but only in a parking lot, is there a big difference with one wheel steering in the front :hun::hun::hun:

oldgoat
08-28-2013, 12:45 PM
With regard to the video, why on earth would you mechanically abuse something that way. Especially if you had built it yourself. The guy (IMO) is an idiot.

Bob Denman
08-28-2013, 12:46 PM
But it still doesn't explain, why the comment about the crackpipe.
Its not because a company the size of Bombardier comes out with a design,that its the only one people should consider, or that its the perfect model or concept.

So now I'm guessing that you don't even own a Spyder...
Why would you make your comments in a forum about a REVERSE trike; unless you were looking for either:
Attention
or
A Flamefest
(The latter choice is paricularly disturbing...)
Sorry; I'm just wondering, and calling it like I'm seeing it... :dontknow:

poordom
08-28-2013, 01:09 PM
So now I'm guessing that you don't even own a Spyder...
Why would you make your comments in a forum about a REVERSE trike; unless you were looking for either:
Attention
or
A Flamefest
(The latter choice is paricularly disturbing...)
Sorry; I'm just wondering, and calling it like I'm seeing it... :dontknow:

First of all Bob,

I do own a Spyder a 2009 that I purchased this spring.

I am neither seeking attention nor am I looking for a flamefest as you indicated.

I have a very big problem with people believing that what they own is the best thing since slice bread, without looking or seeking elsewhere for alternates.

I am also anti establishment, in the sense that they are the creator of concept and that consumers will eventually buy their product if enough marketing money is spent.

Bob, BRP didn't invent anything, if you are about looking around, you will see that, one of the most expensive toys around is a little sports car which also came out of the Province of Quebec, which also has a two wheel front end and a single wheel rear end using a Kawasaki motorcycle engine.

And so on.

Unfortunately I have so much more to say, but I have to go to work, if you wish I can elaborate more on the subject later on, just say so.

Now concerning you finding the later disturbing, please refer back to your original comment of the Crackpipe, that comment was offensive, and if you recall you where the one that commented and not I.

Dom

Bob Denman
08-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Well then; enjoy your bike! :thumbup:

CurtG
08-28-2013, 04:48 PM
It would seem to be a one trick pony albeit a whole lot of pony :D

Ride and ride safe,

MarkLawson
08-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Seems the only 'nanny' on that one is sitting in the back seat...

(and she apparently isn't working!)