PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake..... no meat left?

matusky
06-30-2008, 09:47 AM
I've had to adjust my parking brake 4 times already.... now there seems to be no more thread left for me to tighten it..... now when I push the pedal all the way down to the last click on even the slightest incline the spyder won't stay unless it's in gear.

I usually park it in 1st anyway, but it's not supposed to work like that. If it's going to be like this I'm just going to remove the pedal, cable and associated hardware and save on the weight!

I know I've heard of the pedal sticking and even the cable breaking.... but has anyone had THIS problem?

When I use the regular brakes on the spyder they seem to work fine and theres no lack of braking power and the pedal doesn't go down any farther than it did when it was new......... Any thoughts?

Lamonster
06-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I have the same issue and never use mine either.

Smylinacha
06-30-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't use it anymore - just leave it in first. Did you call your dealer about it?

spyryder
07-01-2008, 01:19 AM
I read something a while back about the cable not having enough adjustment to compensate for brake pad wear....when that happens apparently there's some other adjustment at the caliper itself.

araneae
07-02-2008, 12:06 AM
You need to loosen the cable and remove the nut attaching the actuating arm. Remove the arm and move it one position on the shaft and reattach the nut and adjust the cable. From the manual.

Bryan

matusky
07-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about! :thumbup::clap::2thumbs: