PDA

View Full Version : For Kewmetal, any updates on the rear rack and Givi topcase mount?

dltang
06-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Wondered if you were getting close to production and pricing for your rear racks yet? I really want a Givi Top Case and I need a way to mount it. Your rack looks like a great alternative to the BRP rack as I do not want their backrest. Thanks for all you do and I hope to see something soon.

Mad Matt
07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Dltang,

I have gone through the prototype racks and made all the drawing changes. The next run is "pre production" and we are fabricating 6 racks including a few trunk mount plates, and a few spyder web plates. If these 6 setups are good to sell, I should have those in 2 weeks or so. A couple of these are already spoken for. Once the final tweaks are made to the drawing package, the racks will go into full production and they will be run in batches of 30 to start with, the first batch of 30 will take at least 3 weeks at the fab shop. I will be pushing the fab shop as much as I can to shorten those times!

Thanks for your patience! The racks are nice and they are very versatile and functional, it will be worth the wait. Remember, once you install the rack mounting rail underneath, you can return your spyder to stock in only a few minutes, or you can just remove the trunk and have the small rack for around town.

Matt

dltang
07-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Dltang,

I have gone through the prototype racks and made all the drawing changes. The next run is "pre production" and we are fabricating 6 racks including a few trunk mount plates, and a few spyder web plates. If these 6 setups are good to sell, I should have those in 2 weeks or so. A couple of these are already spoken for. Once the final tweaks are made to the drawing package, the racks will go into full production and they will be run in batches of 30 to start with, the first batch of 30 will take at least 3 weeks at the fab shop. I will be pushing the fab shop as much as I can to shorten those times!

Thanks for your patience! The racks are nice and they are very versatile and functional, it will be worth the wait. Remember, once you install the rack mounting rail underneath, you can return your spyder to stock in only a few minutes, or you can just remove the trunk and have the small rack for around town.

Matt

Thank you Matt, I realize you probably don't know yet, but do you have any idea of a price range. I would like to be included in that first batch of 30. I would really like to have the Givi Top Case before any more long trips. I am waiting anxiously, I know whatever you have will be top notch. Thank you for your response. One other question, if you know the answer. Will I have to order any other brackets with the top case or just the case alone from Givi? Thank you so much.
Deb

Mad Matt
07-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Dltang,

It looks like the base rack will be $299. Larger top plates and the trunk mounting plate should be around $99. I don't have a GIVI trunk in my hands yet ..... but you should not need any other brackets.

Matt

Lamonster
07-10-2008, 05:48 AM
I have a Givi top case and I'm pretty sure the bottom mount plate came with it.

Last Spyder
07-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Question, if I buy the Thiebalt side bag system, will those mounts interfere with your's Matt???

Mad Matt
07-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Question, if I buy the Thiebalt side bag system, will those mounts interfere with your's Matt???

Can you send me a pic of it? My rack mounts in the tail cone area, so if the bags tie in on the sides somehow then I am guessing there will not be an interference.

Matt

dltang
07-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Matt, check out this thread http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5394 my husband has the Givi bags with the Thibault rack. It is a very nice set up.