PDA

View Full Version : Yazz, I thought about you today.

wyliec
08-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Someone posted a video last week about role reversals at the gym. I think you made a comment that no one where you workout looks at others; they just workout. I have to admit that I do look at others, but not directly at them; I use the mirrors in the gym. I work in physical therapy; so, I look at others all day long watching their movement patterns.

Anyhow I was (at the gym today) between sets resting looking at others in the mirror. Long story short, I thought the person I was looking at, who wasn't near me, was working the bottom half of a bench press. It took a split second to realize he was stuck under the bar and I went over and helped. He couldn't yell to anyone with the bar on his chest. There were plenty of people around, not watching. So, now I don't feel so bad about watching others.

By the way, I'm going to be embarrassed if I don't have the right person.

Yazz
08-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Hey Wyliec,

You got the right person. Have to admit I watch other people while doing cardio on the other side of the room. Get new ideas for training that way. Think people do watch indirectly. Eye contact is is rarely made though.

That is sad that no-one near by helped the guy out. Maybe they thought he was resting? Maybe they didn't want to get involved? Glad you were watching...

Was going to a small gym above a tennis club, and chatted with a guy who had a large scar on his chin. This is how he got it. He was alone at the gym upstairs, doing bench presses when he arms gave out. The bar landed on his chin and rolled down onto his neck. He was choking and bleeding like a stuck pig. It wasn't until a tennis assistant came upstairs to yell at him about slamming the weights that he got help.

From then on, he only did overhead free-weights when other people were around.

Some Guy
08-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Hey Yazz!

Do you always have a spotter when you eat hot dogs?! :roflblack:

(only a few people will get that one!)

Bob Denman
08-24-2013, 08:37 PM
:shocked::hun:
there has just GOT to be a back-story here that's very interesting... :D

Yazz
08-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey Yazz!