PDA

View Full Version : Idiot

bruiser
08-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Wral.com

Motorcyclist runs from police. Speeds reach 150 mph.

Saw something similar a few weeks ago. I was coming home and was stopped at a light at a busy intersection. Guy on a sport bike cuts between cars and runs the light. Trooper was a few seconds behind. Don't know if they ever caught him.

Dan McNally
08-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Wral.com

Motorcyclist runs from police. Speeds reach 150 mph.

Saw something similar a few weeks ago. I was coming home and was stopped at a light at a busy intersection. Guy on a sport bike cuts between cars and runs the light. Trooper was a few seconds behind. Don't know if they ever caught him.

I saw the subject and thought you were talking about me, again! :yikes: There are so many people who, upon careful observation, appear to have been born brain-dead. When I see them in action, I always hope two things . . . one, that when they have the accident that kills them, they take no one else with them, and two, they have it before they breed and pass on their genes.

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 10:29 AM
I saw the subject and thought you were talking about me, again! :yikes:
I was thinking exactly the same thing! :2thumbs: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:
Morons like that just end up painting us all with the same broad brush; we all get labeled as irresponsible risk-takers who'd rather run than face the consequences of their actions... :gaah:

They should should all be Darwin Award recipients!
(Is that too harsh? :shocked:)

Dan McNally
08-23-2013, 10:55 AM
I was thinking exactly the same thing!

(Is that too harsh? :shocked:)

That he was talking about me again? :roflblack::roflblack:

OldCowboy
08-23-2013, 01:02 PM
There are so many people who, upon careful observation, appear to have been born brain-dead. When I see them in action, I always hope two things . . . one, that when they have the accident that kills them, they take no one else with them, and two, they have it before they breed and pass on their genes.

I couldn't agree more. The Darwin Effect only works if the idiot is killed before they can breed.

ARtraveler
08-23-2013, 01:10 PM
We see so many chases in the media today that they seem commonplace. No thought is given to the safety of others, or the consequences of an error on the part of the chasee or the chaser.

Chases happen so often here that it is almost commonplace. Another task when defensive driving--watch out for any cars involved in a chase that may come out of nowhere.

Drunk Drivers: Four deaths in the last two weeks by out of control drunk drivers. It was the victims that died in all cases, not the drunks. The public ire is now up a bit here. The drunks are going to do some very serious time this go around.

Chupaca
08-23-2013, 01:45 PM
That in this day and age with the technology we have and big brother watching your moves, anyone thinks they can get away with anything..by the time that chase ends they will know the riders name address age education and affiliations the bike the model the tag the last place he got gas and his mpg's...where does he think he can go..?? :dontknow:

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 01:59 PM
That he was talking about me again? :roflblack::roflblack:
:shocked: Oh! Heaven forbid! :shocked:

My ears have been rining so much here today, that I thought... ;)

cuznjohn
08-23-2013, 03:03 PM
here where i live the city police just let them go if it is too fast but out on long island the troopers will chase you forever with the cars and planes and helo's

Dan_Ashley
08-23-2013, 03:08 PM
http://www.darwinawards.com/ :shocked:

A guy at the repair shop was talking about how he outran the CHP helicopter on I-15 between Barstow and Las Vegas. I pointed out to him that CHP choppers can go about 180 MPH, and at an altitude of 500 feet have a straight line sight on I-15 of 32 miles. I also pointed out that I-15 is not straight, so that 32 miles of visibility is probably more like 50 miles on the roadway.

He insisted that he outran the chopper.

two weeks later, I was in the shop again. I asked about the speedsters whereabouts. Someone said, "The guy crashed. Went down real hard. "

'Nuff said.

Flanker
08-23-2013, 04:22 PM
I saw the subject and thought you were talking about me, again! :yikes: There are so many people who, upon careful observation, appear to have been born brain-dead. When I see them in action, I always hope two things . . . one, that when they have the accident that kills them, they take no one else with them, and two, they have it before they breed and pass on their genes.:roflblack: Too true! :roflblack:

Bob Ledford
08-24-2013, 07:40 PM
You may out run the car but you will never out that Motorola radio.

Which is worse? Being a Darwin Award winner, a moron or a scumbag? Scumbag is the Chief of Police Daytona Beach's favorite word.

Bob Denman
08-24-2013, 08:10 PM
"Darwin Award Winner" sounds... Noteworthy! :shocked:

Dan_Ashley
08-24-2013, 08:12 PM
You may out run the car but you will never out that Motorola radio.

Which is worse? Being a Darwin Award winner, a moron or a scumbag? Scumbag is the Chief of Police Daytona Beach's favorite word.

If you get a Darwin Award you are dead and there is no longer any hope for you to improve.
If you are a moron, you have a genetic defect and there is no hope for improvement.
If you are a scumbag, and are not either a Darwin Award recipient, nor a moron, there may be hope for improvement.

So, to me, what is best option for me to be is a scumbag. Along the same line of thinking, to me, the best option is for you to be a Darwin Award recipirnt, because then I don't have to deal with you anymore.

Ergo, what is worst is a matter of who is asking and about whom it is being asked of.
As my pappy used to say, "It's far better to be a smart a$$, than to be a dumb one. Words I try to live by. (LOL).

spydaman60
08-24-2013, 08:27 PM
If you get a Darwin Award you are dead and there is no longer any hope for you to improve.
If you are a moron, you have a genetic defect and there is no hope for improvement.
If you are a scumbag, and are not either a Darwin Award recipient, nor a moron, there may be hope for improvement.

So, to me, what is best option for me to be is a scumbag. Along the same line of thinking, to me, the best option is for you to be a Darwin Award recipirnt, because then I don't have to deal with you anymore.

Ergo, what is worst is a matter of who is asking and about whom it is being asked of.
As my pappy used to say, "It's far better to be a smart a$$, than to be a dumb one. Words I try to live by. (LOL). your dad would be proud, I guess!:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-24-2013, 08:42 PM
how was the ride home? Did you get the "Surf & Turf" digested yet? :thumbup:
The Missus felt bad that you better-half couldn't come along today!
We'll have to find a weekend where we can sit down for some Chatterbox food... :2thumbs:

Dan_Ashley
08-25-2013, 08:07 PM
your dad would be proud, I guess!:roflblack::roflblack:

roflmao:clap: :yes: :roflblack: