PDA

View Full Version : I've got a Spyder and...

BajaRon
08-22-2013, 10:03 PM
...it doesn't work. What should I do?

Don't laugh, it's getting ALMOST this bad.

If you have a problem with your Spyder, we're here to help. But you have to give us something to work with!

There, I fell better now. Thank you for listening... :)

billybovine
08-22-2013, 10:10 PM

If you have a problem with your Spyder, we're here to help. But you have to give us something to work with!

From time to time I have wanted to say that. Hey maybe I have said that.:joke:

finless
08-22-2013, 10:13 PM

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

I am sorry but that TOTALLY made me loose it!
Now I will go wipe the guacamole out of my nose ;)

Bob

Chupaca
08-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Glad you fell better Ron. Hope the fall wasn't as painful as seeing those words...!! :roflblack::roflblack:
Have seen several suggest that your year and model be in your signature. This would help some..!!

billybovine
08-22-2013, 10:23 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

I am sorry but that TOTALLY made me loose it!
Now I will go wipe the guacamole out of my nose ;)

Bob

EEEEWWWWW that's gross. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Guacamole?? :shocked: How do you know when you're done wiping it up?? :yikes: :roflblack: :barf:

SNOOPY
08-23-2013, 06:45 AM
This happens all the time on car forums too.

...not the guacamole, the general questions. :rolleyes:

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 06:48 AM
I would hesitate to call them, "dumb"...
It's just that the person asking the question may have either:
not given enough information to help find a solution
not taken the time to read their manual
or...
not thought to take a quick look around to see if the answer is already in here somewhere.

But it's better to get the question in ANY form; than to have a friend suffering in silence. :thumbup:

SNOOPY
08-23-2013, 06:51 AM
I would hesitate to call them, "dumb"...
It's just that the person asking the question may have either:
not given enough information to help find a solution
not taken the time to read their manual
or...
not thought to take a quick look around to see if the answer is already in here somewhere.

But it's better to get the question in ANY form; than to have a friend suffering in silence. :thumbup:

Oops, I didn't mean it that way. Changed it to "general" question.

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 06:58 AM
No need to apologize about it... You may have put it down on the screen; but there's probably more than a couple of hundred folks who were thinking the same thing. :thumbup:

boborgera
08-23-2013, 07:28 AM
No need to apologize about it... You may have put it down on the screen; but there's probably more than a couple of hundred folks who were thinking the same thing. :thumbup:

Yep, Like the guy who wanted to know if it was safe to drive his Spyder to the dealer to ask why there's a blue light lit on the dash. I guess he never had used high beams in any vehicle before.:dontknow:

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Post #8...
We should all practice a little bit more "kindness" each day... :D

Flanker
08-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Aaaaahhhh!!!!!! So, it's not just me. :clap: Well said.

MidLifeCrisis
08-23-2013, 08:16 AM
It's not always the person posting, but some of the forum readers too. I use TapaTalk and while I really like it, it doesn't show signatures and some pictures don't come through. So, while the intent is there on the posters part, some of us can conclude missing information. I remember posting a question with pics a while back, then used TapaTalk to find out it was a useless post. Meanwhile, several had asked for more info.

In general, over stated, is better than under and can't rely on signatures or pictures from FaceBook and the like. They don't always show up.

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 08:49 AM
And of course; none of us have any idea as to what you see on your screen...
We can just try and do the best that we can! :thumbup:

bruiser
08-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks Ron. Good post.

Now, I have a problem with my Spyder... :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Jim,
It's the loose nut just behind the handlebars... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :joke:

NancysToy
08-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Standard question...

It's broke, what do I do?

Standard answer...

Fix it!

BajaRon
08-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Yep, Like the guy who wanted to know if it was safe to drive his Spyder to the dealer to ask why there's a blue light lit on the dash. I guess he never had used high beams in any vehicle before.:dontknow:

I got into computers in the 70's. There were some very funny, true stories of people having trouble with the 'Digital' age.

To Help Desk: 'My pointer is at the far right edge of the screen and my mouse is at the far left edge of the mouse pad. Please help! I will not move anything while I wait for your answer.'

To Help Desk: 'I love my new computer, it is so innovative and has many new features that I really enjoy. One of these is the slide out coffee cup holder. What a great idea! My complaint is that it is so flimsy that it broke after using it only a few times. I would like to get it replaced with a more robust unit if possible.'

ARCTIC
08-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Some of the"helpers" also need to read the whole thread before posting too. There's frequently people coming to the rescue trying to diagnose a problem on post #22 when the issue was resolved and acknowledged in post #5:banghead:

Dan McNally
08-23-2013, 10:03 AM
The thingy up near the other thingy is loose . . . should I tighten it? If so, what size wrench does it take? :joke:

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 10:21 AM
:gaah: This :cus: piece of :cus: is the biggest mistake that me and my :cus: Wife have ever made! :gaah:
It won't start, doesn't run right, gets lousy gas mileage, is at the dealers more than it is at home, and it was even too :cus: much money to begin with!:gaah:

Bob Ledford
08-23-2013, 10:33 AM
One of my old posts said, "be sure to include model, year and mileage," those will be the first questions pop in your mind! Maybe we need to sweet talk Lamont in to including that as a requirement to post or be in the user profile?

wyliec
08-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Some of the"helpers" also need to read the whole thread before posting too. There's frequently people coming to the rescue trying to diagnose a problem on post #22 when the issue was resolved and acknowledged in post #5:banghead:

Very true.:thumbup: But, sometimes I think it's to get their post count up.

billybovine
08-23-2013, 01:53 PM

Also the standard answer to all problems is of course to check your oil. :banghead:

ARtraveler
08-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Good words of advice concerning a little more information needed sometimes.

IMO: I always tell my students that there is no such thing as a dumb question. It is great to see some of the "pros" handle some of these questions in a respectful and helping way. It was very scarry coming on board as a Newbie and I appreciated how the members answered a lot of my initial questions. IMO: 99% of the responders are patient and helpful.

EnjoyingTheRyde
08-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Good words of advice concerning a little more information needed sometimes.

IMO: I always tell my students that there is no such thing as a dumb question. It is great to see some of the "pros" handle some of these questions in a respectful and helping way. It was very scarry coming on board as a Newbie and I appreciated how the members answered a lot of my initial questions. IMO: 99% of the responders are paitient and helpful.

And I thank you! :clap:

Dan_Ashley
08-23-2013, 03:33 PM

Answer: Change the air in the tires. Old air cause the tires to stick to the pavement, and the nanny thinks this is dangerous. So, instead of allowing you to risk your life, the computerized Spyder nanny just won't let it start. Fresh air in the tires will fix this annoying problem.

For real. nojoke

Dan

SNOOPY
08-23-2013, 03:37 PM
:gaah: This :cus: piece of :cus: is the biggest mistake that me and my :cus: Wife have ever made! :gaah:
It won't start, doesn't run right, gets lousy gas mileage, is at the dealers more than it is at home, and it was even too :cus: much money to begin with!:gaah:

You should never have bought a Chevrolet ! :thumbup:

SNOOPY
08-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Answer: Change the air in the tires. Old air cause the tires to stick to the pavement, and the nanny thinks this is dangerous. So, instead of allowing you to risk your life, the computerized Spyder nanny just won't let it start. Fresh air in the tires will fix this annoying problem.

For real. nojoke

Dan

I just emptied all the air in my tires, but then realized my tires were filled w that high tech solution called "nitrogen", can you tell me where I can buy a couple cans of it to refill my tires?

billybovine
08-23-2013, 03:44 PM
I just emptied all the air in my tires, but then realized my tires were filled w that high tech solution called "nitrogen", can you tell me where I can buy a couple cans of it to refill my tires?

No it's not pure Nitrogen it's more high tech than that it's a secret mixture containing only 80% nitrogen.

ARCTIC
08-23-2013, 03:44 PM
The bolt on the east side of my bike fell out. Any idea where I can get a new one:roflblack:

Dan McNally
08-23-2013, 03:46 PM

I sell a very special pump that will fill your tires with up to 78% nitrogen, every time, guaranteed! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

SNOOPY
08-23-2013, 03:46 PM
The bolt on the east side of my bike fell out. Any idea where I can get a new one:roflblack:

Just look where it fell out? :duh:

SNOOPY
08-23-2013, 03:47 PM
No it's not pure Nitrogen it's more high tech than that it's a secret mixture containing only 80% nitrogen.

I sell a very special pump that will fill your tires with up to 78% nitrogen, every time, guaranteed! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

But Billybovine said I need 80% ???

oh, what to do what to do.....

Blue Star
08-23-2013, 03:48 PM

I am sorry your Spyder don't work. Mine does except for this

Flanker
08-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Jim,
It's the loose nut just behind the handlebars... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :joke:Ouch! Bob personifies the concept of "A Bad Man"! :joke:

gottago
08-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Guacamole?? :shocked: How do you know when you're done wiping it up?? :yikes: :roflblack: :barf:

Might try blowing your nose and hope for clear, green is a dead giveaway for Guacamole....hehehehe

coz
08-23-2013, 04:52 PM
you deserve a trip to your dealer.:barf:

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 05:06 PM
I am sorry your Spyder don't work. Mine does except for this

You can call me old fashioned; but should you be parking, while on the bike?? :opps:??
And whose fault SHOULD it be? :D

Dan_Ashley
08-23-2013, 05:45 PM
"Nitrogen" is just a name for an invisible gas. If you want someting better than classic "air," I recommend you invest in a canister of carbon dioxide. Not only will CO2 help the environment, it will cause your tires to run cooler. Also that. Yep.

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 05:50 PM
:shocked: But I thought that C-O2 was causing global warming??? :dontknow: :D

Dan_Ashley
08-23-2013, 05:55 PM
:shocked: But I thought that C-O2 was causing global warming??? :dontknow: :D

If you put it INTO your tires, you will be helping to alleviate global warming by taking it out of circulation, so to speak. Al Gore will be proud of you, and will plant a tree.

BajaRon
08-23-2013, 05:57 PM
If you put it INTO your tires, you will be helping to alleviate global warming by taking it out of circulation, so to speak. Al Gore will be proud of you, and will plant a tree.

But if you get a blowout you'll be responsible for the ice cap melting and putting Florida under water.... Wait....That would be bad ... Right?! :dontknow:

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 06:08 PM
"Spaceship Earth" at EPCOT would be afloat in the Caribbean... :yikes:

Oldmanzues
08-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Two from the dark ages.
A guy buying a very fancy camers in Viet Nam. The ones that had all kinds of settings to work right. Can I take colored slides with this?
Actual for friend of mine.His Corvir was overheating. Service station refilled the raditor. Car quit overheating and running. I suspect this would work with the old air coled bugs as well.

Then again, Another friend bought one of the very first HD V-rods. He called a couple dealers to see if they stocked anti-freeze for HDs. Let me just say the answer are suitable for post on here.
The products, I bought from Ron, installed easy and work right. Thanks
Oldmanzues

MikeinGA
08-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Standard question...

Standard answer...

Or the final option. Get the long handle BFH!

Mike

SNOOPY
08-23-2013, 07:43 PM
But if you get a blowout you'll be responsible for the ice cap melting and putting Florida under water.... Wait....That would be bad ... Right?! :dontknow:

Spyders get blowouts?????

Im selling the piece of crap then!!!!

d.o.spyder-rts
08-23-2013, 07:52 PM

HEY NOW wait a minute, I live in Florida!!:D Dale

SNOOPY
08-23-2013, 09:30 PM
HEY NOW wait a minute, I live in Florida!!:D Dale

You're screwed. :roflblack:

boborgera
08-24-2013, 07:49 PM
I just got back from Pa, [hope I didn't go past the range of my foot bracelet], Seen two Splders going the other way. My question is; Both of them had two wheels in front, Is that right:dontknow:

Bob Denman
08-24-2013, 08:46 PM
It's no that their wheels are wrong; it's YOUR handlebars that were mounted wrong! :roflblack::joke:

boborgera
08-25-2013, 10:36 AM
It's no that their wheels are wrong; it's YOUR handlebars that were mounted wrong! :roflblack::joke:

Yea, But if I turned them around how could I see where I'm going. And that leads to another question, do I really need to see where I'm going..??:ohyea:

Bob Denman
08-25-2013, 11:04 AM
It appears as if there's already a lot of drivers out there who drive by the "Braille Method"... :yikes: nojoke

SNOOPY
08-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Amen !

boborgera
08-25-2013, 02:14 PM
It appears as if there's already a lot of drivers out there who drive by the "Braille Method"... :yikes: nojoke

That explains all the tire marks on the Jersey wall's...:)

BajaRon
08-25-2013, 03:59 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-li8pIKiEio/S87GPuqp95I/AAAAAAAAAsQ/l8Jx1elWrvg/s400/WhileDriving-readbraille.jpg