PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment for BAJARON SWAY BAR

gottago
08-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Finally got my bike (zippy) out for a good run after having sway bar and links put in. Disappointment came from the HD riders in the group (Definitely NOT me). Was taking a little teasing today before we left for Tiger hwy (really twisty 38 miles) 12 bikes, 3 tri glides and several 110 ci HD's oh yeah little bro was on his 07 heritage. They mentioned since I got new equipment I might just as well lead. I told them boys to keep up or go home, last one down the hill buys a round. What a tremendous difference in handling Ron's sway bar makes. I was really pushing the envelope and didn't make nanny kick in. That in itself impressed me. I used to go at least 10 over on the curves and since my trip today that NO LONGER applies I was hitting 20 to 25 over the suggested curve speed with no strain or stress. Just an outstanding ryde. Got to the bottom of the hill and yep you guessed it no other bikes around. I had a 5 minute lead on them, almost thought about a nap but they showed up and three of them are going this weekend to look at spyders. No teasing at all at the bottom, they said bike didn't go around corners like that before you changed the sway bar. Well DUH is all I could come up with as I drank my free coffee(hehehe). I'm thinking I gave the hard core ones a new respect for Can-Am. THANK YOU RON what an outstanding Mod for my bike, I love it. was fun before but now, it's an absolute BLAST....one happy spyder Ryder....This mod is recommended for anyone wanting to really enjoy their bike ....Jim:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea: RON, YOU THE MAN!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

Bob Denman
08-22-2013, 09:21 PM
It's almost a shame to see the look on their faces... ALMOST!!

gottago
08-22-2013, 09:33 PM
It's almost a shame to see the look on their faces... ALMOST!! I know huh, they get this kinda hang dog look. But then it's ok its all in fun(mostly). Was sooo good today I think I'll do it again tomorrow.:yes:

OldCowboy
08-22-2013, 09:47 PM
It's almost a shame to see the look on their faces... ALMOST!!

They look kinda like your avatar. :roflblack::roflblack:

Chupaca
08-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Since I installed Ron's bar and Pibull's re-locators I step on the heels of many bikes along the twisties..many pull to the side and look down at their bikes like something is wrong so I should pass...it is fun...:ohyea:

ThreeWheels
08-23-2013, 02:08 AM
I agree. There are three mods I did to my Spyder that make a world of difference.
The Utopia backrest makes the ride more comfortable.
BajaRon has the spark plug wires for reliability, and of course the RonBar/RonLinks mod makes the ride so much better/responsive/stable.
I wonder why BRP doesn't just make these mods as standard OEM designs. Is anyone looking ?

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Was sooo good today I think I'll do it again tomorrow.:yes:
Careful... :lecturef_smilie:

You fooled them this time because they were underestimating you...
They'll be ready; you might have to step up your game as well! :thumbup:

gottago
08-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Careful... :lecturef_smilie:

You fooled them this time because they were underestimating you...
They'll be ready; you might have to step up your game as well! :thumbup::agree: I know for sure I will But, this is all in good fun we all are rather competitive. Just got back and yep wasn't in the lead this time was more like fourth place. My brother contacted some of the guy's and I was set up. if we would have had roller skates on it would have looked like the roller derby, I got packed in and they wouldn't let me pass( serves me right I guess). Good fun and good times had by all:rolleyes: None and I mean none of the guys I ride with take this stuff too serious, helps to be a little off plumb...hehehe

Showie
08-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Good for you!!:yes::yes::yes: Not sure I would do that over Tiger Pass. Last time I was like you 5 over, might have to try Ron Bar :clap:. I wonder what my wife in back would think? An oh :cus: moment I bet :opps: LOL. BTW you doing Oyster Run?

Bob Denman
08-23-2013, 05:02 PM
:2thumbs: As long as some good, clean fun was being had... :thumbup:

gottago
08-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Good for you!!:yes::yes::yes: Not sure I would do that over Tiger Pass. Last time I was like you 5 over, might have to try Ron Bar :clap:. I wonder what my wife in back would think? An oh :cus: moment I bet :opps: LOL. BTW you doing Oyster Run? I really been considering Oyster Run. I worked in the area for 37yrs and remember every year the Oyster Run. Since coming to the East side I haven't had a chance to do the Run but I'm thinking this year I will depends on the pass. I aint going over hwy 2 again-ever- but if North Cascade is open I might. I'll keep in touch and let ya know a it gets closer.:rolleyes:

BajaRon
08-23-2013, 11:48 PM
I really been considering Oyster Run. I worked in the area for 37yrs and remember every year the Oyster Run. Since coming to the East side I haven't had a chance to do the Run but I'm thinking this year I will depends on the pass. I aint going over hwy 2 again-ever- but if North Cascade is open I might. I'll keep in touch and let ya know a it gets closer.:rolleyes:

Ok, I'll bite... What's wrong with Hwy 2? :dontknow:

gottago
08-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Ok, I'll bite... What's wrong with Hwy 2? :dontknow: 3 main routes from east to west Wash. hwy 20 is northern most (good road-beautiful trip), hwy 2 center,ok road and beautiful trip and I90 freeway and southern route . I had to go over to west side for some business, got halfway across hwy20, got turned around (massive rock slide closed all lanes)and had to go over hwy2(150 mile reroute. got to hwy2 no prob,,,THEN 80 mile back up -stop and go bumper to bumper...:banghead::banghead: Took 13.5 hrs to go 362 miles YEEEOOOWWWW!!! and I was in my cager. So, I aint doing hwy 2 again. If you aren't in a hurry of any sort,and hwy 20 is open it's a really nice ride on a bike (good day ride on a bike, sucks in a cager). " that's my story an I'm sticking to it" made it across with one stop for gas( pulled in on fumes-used 12 gals in stop and go) average speed 2 mph...took I90 back home total time 5 hrs. Now ya know the rest of the story.

Flanker
08-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Finally got my bike (zippy) out for a good run after having sway bar and links put in. Disappointment came from the HD riders in the group (Definitely NOT me). Was taking a little teasing today before we left for Tiger hwy (really twisty 38 miles) 12 bikes, 3 tri glides and several 110 ci HD's oh yeah little bro was on his 07 heritage. They mentioned since I got new equipment I might just as well lead. I told them boys to keep up or go home, last one down the hill buys a round. What a tremendous difference in handling Ron's sway bar makes. I was really pushing the envelope and didn't make nanny kick in. That in itself impressed me. I used to go at least 10 over on the curves and since my trip today that NO LONGER applies I was hitting 20 to 25 over the suggested curve speed with no strain or stress. Just an outstanding ryde. Got to the bottom of the hill and yep you guessed it no other bikes around. I had a 5 minute lead on them, almost thought about a nap but they showed up and three of them are going this weekend to look at spyders. No teasing at all at the bottom, they said bike didn't go around corners like that before you changed the sway bar. Well DUH is all I could come up with as I drank my free coffee(hehehe). I'm thinking I gave the hard core ones a new respect for Can-Am. THANK YOU RON what an outstanding Mod for my bike, I love it. was fun before but now, it's an absolute BLAST....one happy spyder Ryder....This mod is recommended for anyone wanting to really enjoy their bike ....Jim:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea: RON, YOU THE MAN!!!:bowdown::bowdown:He's on FIRE! :yes:

SPYDERFUZZ
08-24-2013, 07:41 PM
I guess I missed something. Started the thread with "Disappointment in BahaRon sway bar? Oh well I don't need to know now maybe when I get older.

gottago
08-25-2013, 09:05 AM
I guess I missed something. Started the thread with "Disappointment in BahaRon sway bar? Oh well I don't need to know now maybe when I get older. The disappointment came from the Harley riders when they realized how much difference Ron's sway bar made with my Rt and the cornering ability. improved it by at least 90%