PDA

View Full Version : Georgia - The Jericho House 3rd Annual Pancake Breakfast - Nov 2nd, 2013

MarkLawson
08-21-2013, 04:35 PM
A small group of us rode to this event last year to eat some pancakes and sausage. They had plenty to eat and we got to enjoy some time of songs and maybe a little preaching. The Jericho House is a ministry to help men with addiction issues. This is a worthwhile ministry and for $5.00, you really can't beat the price. Last year they had a motorcycle ride afterwards, but we didn't stay for it because we were heading to a bike show in Atlanta. According to the poster, it looks like they're planning a ride again, which I believe is an additional cost. I'll update this post when I find out how much.

Let me know if you're interested!

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575188_424986144276748_1302141708_n.jpg

Hawk
08-22-2013, 06:42 AM
A small group of us rode to this event last year to eat some pancakes and sausage. They had plenty to eat and we got to enjoy some time of songs and maybe a little preaching. The Jericho House is a ministry to help men with addiction issues. This is a worthwhile ministry and for $5.00, you really can't beat the price. Last year they had a motorcycle ride afterwards, but we didn't stay for it because we were heading to a bike show in Atlanta. According to the poster, it looks like they're planning a ride again, which I believe is an additional cost. I'll update this post when I find out how much.

Mmmm, Mmmm, pancakes!!!! Count me in!!

Hecam17
08-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Marking the calendar. I like pancakes and my wife says I could use some guidance so this should be win-win. ;)

MikeinGA
08-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Sounds good to my wife and I.

Mike

Yol Bolsun
08-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Tentative yes. Great pancakes and sausage last year!

TuckMiddle
08-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Count me in
Thanks for remembering
Tuck

Hawk
09-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Added to GASpyderRiders.com

MarkLawson
10-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Want to keep this thread fresh so more folks will see it.

MarkLawson
10-21-2013, 08:16 AM

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575188_424986144276748_1302141708_n.jpg

Less than 2 weeks...:yes:

TuckMiddle
10-21-2013, 11:31 AM
What time you planning to arrive?

:cheers:

Tuck

MarkLawson
10-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Tuck, The end time for the pancake breakfast has changed from 3:00PM to noon, so I was thinking of arriving around 11:00AM. For the after breakfast ride, kickstands go up @ 12:30, so I guess Spyders will need to plan to turn on the key a few minues earlier to make sure the computers finsh booting up befoe the start! Suggested $20.00 donation per bike. We'll also need to fuel up before the ride starts so we can go a little ways before running out of gas...

How about we meet at the pancake breakfast @ 11:00?

I can meet anyone that wants to ride together at a Quik Trip on Indian Trail (address is 5095 OAKBROOK PKWY., NORCROSS, GA), just off I-85 @ 9:30 & leave @ 9:45. Figure it's 61 miles to get there from the QT.

MikeinGA
10-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Tuck, The end time for the pancake breakfast has changed from 3:00PM to noon, so I was thinking of arriving around 11:00AM. For the after breakfast ride, kickstands go up @ 12:30, so I guess Spyders will need to plan to turn on the key a few minues earlier to make sure the computers finsh booting up befoe the start! Suggested $20.00 donation per bike. We'll also need to fuel up before the ride starts so we can go a little ways before running out of gas...

I can meet anyone that wants to ride together at a Quik Trip on Indian Trail (address is 5095 OAKBROOK PKWY., NORCROSS, GA), just off I-85 @ 9:30 & leave @ 9:45. Figure it's 61 miles to get there from the QT.

I plan to be there @ 10:48. From Mt. Airy it's about a 30 minute ride. Anyone going to ride some twisty mountain roads after breakfast?

Mike

MarkLawson
10-24-2013, 12:17 PM
I plan to be there @ 10:48. From Mt. Airy it's about a 30 minute ride. Anyone going to ride some twisty mountain roads after breakfast?

Mike
I'll be doing the benefit ride after breakfast (leaves @ 12:30), but may have some time after that ride to hit the mountains...

Yol Bolsun
10-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Sorry, won't make it. Have to chase the Golden Egg. (work).:sour:

MarkLawson
10-29-2013, 06:46 AM
Sorry, won't make it. Have to chase the Golden Egg. (work).:sour:

Shucks, was hoping to see the two of you...

Hawk
10-29-2013, 06:51 AM
Depending on the timing, I may be chasing the Cognaq egg (my 2014). ;) But if I don't get word soon, I should be there.

Hawk
10-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Depending on the timing, I may be chasing the Cognaq egg (my 2014). ;) But if I don't get word soon, I should be there.

I may go early depending on if I decide to go hiking/camping this weekend or next. If next week, then I may meet up with you as you pass through Buford. Will let you know on Friday.

MarkLawson
10-30-2013, 02:04 PM
OK

SPYD3R
10-30-2013, 03:44 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmm..... kick-stand....?????? mine must'a fell off or something.... :yikes:
gona try n make it from way out here in SoCar.... r the sausages JIMMY DEANS...????

MikeinGA
10-30-2013, 06:21 PM
My wife and I were riding in the mountains above Cleveland, Ga. and the trees are in full color. Nice riding weather. We went to Blairsville, Ga. for lunch at The Hole in the Wall. Good food. See y'al on Sat. for breakfast.

Mike

TuckMiddle
11-01-2013, 11:45 AM
I will be at the quick trip @9:29
Going to be at one of my daughter's place tonight in Canton and a dash down 140 is a good way to go on the weekend.
Where and when will your group ride end up?
Sounds like a good day comin up
Tuck

MarkLawson
11-01-2013, 12:09 PM
I will be at the quick trip @9:29
Going to be at one of my daughter's place tonight in Canton and a dash down 140 is a good way to go on the weekend.
Where and when will your group ride end up?
Sounds like a good day comin up
Tuck

Our group ride will end at the Jericho House Pancake Breakfast. There is another ride I plan to go on that is led by the Jericho House folks that will leave from the Pancake Breakfast @ 12:30. I do not know the route or how long it will be. There is a cost for this ride of $20 per bike, I believe. It is an additional fund raiser for the Jericho House.

Looking forward to seeing you in the morning.

Hawk
11-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Our group ride will end at the Jericho House Pancake Breakfast. There is another ride I plan to go on that is led by the Jericho House folks that will leave from the Pancake Breakfast @ 12:30. I do not know the route or how long it will be. There is a cost for this ride of $20 per bike, I believe. It is an additional fund raiser for the Jericho House.

Looking forward to seeing you in the morning.

I will be going. Now I got to figure out where to meet you guys.

TuckMiddle
11-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Hawk
Hope you got home ok. You had a good backup plan, with a little luck, not needed.
Strange stuff with your Spyder
Be sure to update us
Enjoyed the ride up and the pancakes and sausage and seeing all.
Tuck

Hawk
11-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Hawk
Hope you got home ok. You had a good backup plan, with a little luck, not needed.
Strange stuff with your Spyder
Be sure to update us
Enjoyed the ride up and the pancakes and sausage and seeing all.
Tuck
Made it home with no problems. Spyder ran like a champ. Nothing like going up there. Went by shop and gonna take it back on Tuesday. Good seeing everyone!!!

MikeinGA
11-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Good food good weather good ride for a good cause.

Mike

MarkLawson
11-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Thanks to all who attended. Larry McKenna (the founder and CEO of The Jericho House) told me that he was told the pancake breakfast fund raiser was the most successful yet. We had a nice ride to Hiawassee afterwards and spent some time visiting at the DQ. I enjoyed a more 'spirited' ride home, that is until I hit Helen. Then I sat in that parking lot they call 'Main Street' for about 20 minutes. Got home around 5:30 & caught most of the second half UGA football game.

Had a great day!