HUM!!!!! just thinking

Bob Denman
08-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Do you have a link to more information.
L..Just inquiring...

Woody
08-20-2013, 08:51 PM
See www.harley-Davidson.com
Why? Tri-Glide has a reputation of causing extremely hot feet and legs.
The new system has a short name-
Twin Cooled High Output Twin Cam 103

I am not pro-HD or anti-Spyder, but this is a change roughly equivalent to the IRS giving US money.

Illinois Boy
08-20-2013, 09:19 PM
See www.harley-Davidson.com (http://www.harley-Davidson.com)
Why? Tri-Glide has a reputation of causing extremely hot feet and legs.
The new system has a short name-
Twin Cooled High Output Twin Cam 103

I am not pro-HD or anti-Spyder, but this is a change roughly equivalent to the IRS giving US money.

This is equivalent to "hell freezing over". It was long over-due.

The Ultra-Limited and Tri-Glide are the only two models having the new water-cooled engines in 2014. Expect more, if not all of their tourers to have the same in 2015. The "water-cooling" is only in the engine heads; which will help some, but is not a full water-cooling system.

Went to see them tonight. HD has made quite a few changes on the Limited and Ultra-Classics in design, and fitment. They looked good in my opinion; but pricey... but then again... who am I talking to? A bunch of Spyder owners who know what pricey is all about...:roflblack:

boborgera
08-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Just sayin'......

Just the heads, To cool things down a little, And to keep the EPA at bay for a little while longer...

SpyderAnn01
08-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Just the heads, To cool things down a little, And to keep the EPA at bay for a little while longer...

I just read a Fox news article about the 2014 lineup and they said that this was Harley's first water cooled motorcycles. I guess they forgot about the VRods which have been completely water cooled since they were introduced in 2002. They should have said that this was their first half water cooled motorcycle. :roflblack:

OldCowboy
08-20-2013, 11:59 PM
$33,389 for a Tri-Glide with water cooled exhaust ports. Thanks, but no thanks.

ARtraveler
08-21-2013, 12:01 AM
I just read a Fox news article about the 2014 lineup and they said that this was Harley's first water cooled motorcycles. I guess they forgot about the VRods which have been completely water cooled since they were introduced in 2002. They should have said that this was their first half water cooled motorcycle. :roflblack:

You beat me to it. I was going to mention the V-Rod.

mcaccamise
08-21-2013, 12:15 AM
You forgot its a special edition you pay more for that logo he he.

Illinois Boy
08-21-2013, 06:51 AM

Technically, it is Harley's first water-cooled engine. The V-Rod is a Porsche designed engine.

Bob Denman
08-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Well; at least they got it HALF-right! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

EnjoyingTheRyde
08-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Well; at least they got it HALF-right! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

You guys are tough! ;)

Bob Denman
08-21-2013, 09:03 AM
It's just a bit of good-natured ribbing amongst neighbors... :D
We both pick on one another about who put the handlebars in the right place! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Harley did a fantastic job of one thing; hiding the fact that they are liquid cooling the area around the exhaust ports... :shocked:
"Project Rushmore" talks more about styling, sound, and control; not functionality! :gaah:

McGone
08-21-2013, 06:48 PM
With the radiators mounted in the lower fairing inside the highway bars they blend in nicely. Will the air off these radiators be directed at foot level? Could be the next HOT FOOT model. They said there is an option for the 110 engine also. :doorag:

Illinois Boy
08-21-2013, 07:05 PM
With the radiators mounted in the lower fairing inside the highway bars they blend in nicely. Will the air off these radiators be directed at foot level? Could be the next HOT FOOT model. They said there is an option for the 110 engine also. :doorag:

The heat ports out of the lowers on their upper-outside edge... not at foot level.

Again, I looked at them very closely last night... I believe HD made some major improvements overall to their previous tourer design, despite what naysayers, haters, or others who simply have no clue say.

Can-Am Poogs
03-13-2014, 09:35 PM
I love my Spyder and would never get rid of it , but that HD is pretty sweet. May have to take one for a spin this spring. Anybody here ever own one?

bruiser
03-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Took a 2010 Tri Glide for a spin. Didn't like it. Took a 2014 for a spin. Still don't like it. Didn't they offer a Street glide trike at one time?

Bob Denman
03-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Have you seen their latest offerings? ;)
500cc and 750cc: 60 degree, overhead cam, four valve engines that are completed liquid-cooled...
There clearly is a "Disturbance within the Force!" 84822