PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Tennessee the first week of September

Dliles6254
08-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Hello spyder friends! My wife and I are going to take our first road trip on our spyder the first week of September. We are coming from Kansas City,Missouri. Nashville, Lynchburg, Gatlinburg and Chattanooga are possable destinations. Can you give me any recommendations on possible places to stay, things to do or see. I have not been to Tennessee for 35 years and I was only 7 at the time. We have 10 days to pack as much in as we can or want to. Any and all ideas would be very helpful. The only request my wife had is the we find a good zip line some place. For me I'm just out to enjoy life and spend time with my beautiful wife.

pwm
08-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Most places in Gatlinburg are very nice but crowded. If you like a little more piece and quiet, Townsend is nice and only about 14 miles from Gatlinburg over the mountain. Its a very nice Spyder ride.

You got all kinds of places to ride from that area as well. Head over to Cherokee for a day, Tail of the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway and many others.

Atonic
08-22-2013, 08:05 PM
The Lodge at Tellico in Tellico plains is nice. Real close to the west end of the Cherohalla skyway, which you definitely want to ride. The road that heads east from 'The Store' at the south end of the Dragon, 24 I think, is another good one.

willey
08-22-2013, 08:53 PM
wheeles thru time in Maggie valley.

Oldmanzues
08-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Chehcola (horrible spellling) Skyway is great. Wheel thru time is a great museum (site on here, right side of screen).
GrahamCountytravel.com is one site for info. Rt 209 (from the BBQ) is a great ride.
Just remember how wide TN is. Long way fron Nashville to Gatlinburg.
Good luck and of course, have fun
Oldmanzues

SpyderAnn01
08-22-2013, 10:47 PM
The Kentucky Bourbon Trail is a nice ride to take on your way