PDA

View Full Version : Belt Wander, Problem or normal?

BlackWidow
06-28-2008, 11:45 AM
I have an odd situation, maybe.

When I come to a complete stop and then start off I get a click sound. I have looked everything I could think of to no avail. This has been driving me nuts for over a month now.

I stopped at friends house and noticed the belt was about 3/8 inch from the right side of the pulley. I had my friend watch the belt and sure enough the click was when the belt hit the right side of the pulley.

Now my question is how do I stop it or is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any help.

MSGTDOC
06-28-2008, 01:22 PM
still new to the sounds of the spyder. ordered the new f1 evo 3 off Marcel French yesterday. Too much wind noise yet to really hear the spyder. I had a wind shield on the softtail. man on the way home i must have eaten 4#'s of bugs. not used to that stuff. so i'm hoping the new windshield works out.

NancysToy
06-28-2008, 01:49 PM
I have an odd situation, maybe.

When I come to a complete stop and then start off I get a click sound. I have looked everything I could think of to no avail. This has been driving me nuts for over a month now.

I stopped at friends house and noticed the belt was about 3/8 inch from the right side of the pulley. I had my friend watch the belt and sure enough the click was when the belt hit the right side of the pulley.

Now my question is how do I stop it or is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Not normal from what we've experienced. The belt should remain close to the flange. Soundss like you need to have the tracking, and possibly the tension, adjusted.

Trypod
06-28-2008, 02:12 PM
BlackWidow,

The belt should NOT move from side to side. You need to, or have the shop, align it and adjust the tension. The only time i've had that problem before was on a custom 1200 Sporty. Once the alignment is set and tension readjusted should be no problem. :spyder: