PDA

View Full Version : Lamont; 'Guess you've had your Spyder the longest. Issues, concerns, etc,,,?

Greg H.
06-28-2008, 08:35 AM
'Morning everyone! 8) As it stands now, I'm much closer to getting a Spyder! As some of you might have read; yesterday, I met up with Terry (aka tympani), and he introduced me to his Can-Am Spyder. Impressed? You betcha! Getting up close to one was great! He gave me the complete walkaround, and let me take it for a spin in the parking lot. :bigthumbsup:

For those of you that financed, did you go through your dealer, or use your bank? I've been doing some calculations. I was actually looking at percentage rates starting as high as 12.99%, and working my way down (using a HD site as reference). I certainly hope, I can get a lower rate. My goal here is to keep my payment at or below $350. And, I am not opposed to going 60+ months (but not beyond 72 :)). After talking with my insurance agent, I think my insurance will be less than $700 a year. That's not too bad, I guess.

I'm guess-timating around $17,900 total (w/helmets, tax, + 5yr. warranty). I may scope out a cover on eBay. eBay's my friend. :joke:

Anyway... Lamont, and all you other longer term :spyder: folks, besides the $200 '600 mile checkup', what other instances have you encountered?

What kind of tire wear are you experiencing?
How often does the final drive belt require adjustment? (I'm understanding it doesn't have an automatic tensioner)

Anything else that is noteworthy, feel free to mention. And, thanks very much! ;D

NancysToy
06-28-2008, 10:38 AM
We did our financing through the credit union. Definitely cheaper!
-Scotty

Smylinacha
06-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Dealer came up w/ financing that was 12.99. I went to my credit union for 6%. told dealer to sign up w/ my credit union so other customers will get a good rate :bigthumbsup:

Greg H.
06-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Dealer came up w/ financing that was 12.99. I went to my credit union for 6%. told dealer to sign up w/ my credit union so other customers will get a good rate :bigthumbsup:

'Appreciate the input! :bigthumbsup: I just got off the phone with the dealer. I was approved for 9.9% up to 84 months. However, I would have to put $3,000 cash down to get the order placed! :-[ I thought it was going to be 10% down. Oh well. I'm talking to my bank on Monday, and check my options. I do believe this is going to happen! ;D