PDA

View Full Version : handlebar grips

golfsferr
08-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Hi all
I was looking for some more comfortable grips. I looked through the Can-Am catalog and here in the advertisements and can't find what I'm looking for. They may not even exist. I'm looking for a grip that bulges more in the middle and tapers to each end. The standard ST grip does that some but I was hoping for something that does it a little more and is softer. Does anyone know of such a product and if so where to purchase. Thanks

CapNCrunch
08-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi all
I was looking for some more comfortable grips. I looked through the Can-Am catalog and here in the advertisements and can't find what I'm looking for. They may not even exist. I'm looking for a grip that bulges more in the middle and tapers to each end. The standard ST grip does that some but I was hoping for something that does it a little more and is softer. Does anyone know of such a product and if so where to purchase. Thanks Grip Puppies slip on over existing grips, and allow your heated grips to work properly. They increase the grip diameter, and are soft and spongy, but waterproof. Just GOOGLE Grip Puppies. CapNCrunch : =)

golfsferr
08-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

sledhead
08-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Definitely Grip Puppies!!!!

ARtraveler
08-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Grip Puppies seem to be what you are looking for. They were a SL sponser for some time--but no longer. They have a new, improved version out now. They were written up in Rider Magazine not to long ago.

We had a pair on each of our :spyder2:'s. Akspyderlady felt the heat through them, I did not think the heat transfer was sufficient here in Alaska. I complained when the temps were down to 35 degrees or so. Must be better in other parts of the country though, as others mentioning heat transfer seem to be happy. :thumbup:

golfsferr
09-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I got the Grip Puppies and they are just fine. They were not easy to install. However, when I used a dry cloth to grip them with as I tried to push them on it got a lot easier. I used soapy water as a lubricant not hairspray as it was recommended. Soapy water with a dry towel to hold the Puppy with, is the way to go.

Orange monster
09-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I got the Grip Puppies and they are just fine. They were not easy to install. However, when I used a dry cloth to grip them with as I tried to push them on it got a lot easier. I used soapy water as a lubricant not hairspray as it was recommended. Soapy water with a dry towel to hold the Puppy with, is the way to go.

Thats exactly how I had to install mine, and still wasn't easy but they are great!!!

kml354
09-15-2013, 04:24 PM
My favorite grips.Vintage triumph grips.