PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction

poordom
08-19-2013, 07:59 PM

Is this something we will see at the Arctic Cat dealers, soon ?

No one is saying, not even dealers.

This could be what BRP needs, in order to resolve some of the outstanding issues.

We shall see in due time

Dom

Chupaca
08-19-2013, 08:05 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

Dan McNally
08-19-2013, 08:15 PM
I don't see how it would resolve any issues . . . except the difficulty in keeping the front wheels within 1/2 PSI of each other! :joke:

spydaman60
08-19-2013, 08:20 PM
fiction!:thumbup:

poordom
08-19-2013, 08:22 PM
I don't see how it would resolve any issues . . . except the difficulty in keeping the front wheels within 1/2 PSI of each other! :joke:

Competition, has a way of getting attention from competitors.

It forces the competitors to be more attentive to its customers, it also has a way of sharpening pencils, when it comes to pricing.

We shall see.

Dom

ARtraveler
08-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Just curious. The three wheeled version (one in front--two in back) of atv's were outlawed by the Feds many years ago for safety reasons. How is it that the configuration is still allowed for motorcycles? EG. Tri-Glide, and GW trikes.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Just curious. The three wheeled version (one in front--two in back) of atv's were outlawed by the Feds many years ago for safety reasons. How is it that the configuration is still allowed for motorcycles? EG. Tri-Glide, and GW trikes.

I am not an engineer, but IMHO, I think it has to do with the combination of wheelbase and weight ......Mike

NancysToy
08-20-2013, 06:47 AM
The soft tires, minimal suspension, off-road travel, and short/narrow configuration killed the ATC. They just proved to be unsuitable for the intended application.

Bob Denman
08-20-2013, 06:48 AM
We've seen nothing but "Artist's Renditions" so far on this topic... :bdh:

"Money talks; and Bull:cus: walks"!
Show us something tangible...

shelbydave
08-20-2013, 08:25 AM

This could be what BRP needs, in order to resolve some of the outstanding issues.

We shall see in due time

Dom

Huh... Is that front wheel drive, and rear wheel steering?
:joke:

mxz600
08-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Typical Arctic Cat, does everything backwards.

Here's a thought. Arctic Cat teamed up with Yamaha to build a better snowmobile. Maybe they can team up with Polaris (Victory) to build a better trike. :dontknow: On second thought, probably not.

SPYD3R
08-20-2013, 08:51 AM

the ATC is alive and well here in the Upstate of SoCar....
i bought this new HONDA 125, in 1984 for my then 8 yr. old son, who still has it... it's in PERFECT ORIGINAL CONDITION... and the only thing done to it is: tires and a carb rebuild...
as for the 'why' did the gov't outlaw these... versus, allowing Gold Wing & HD trikes to continue... the ATC's had a 'solid' axle which DICTATES that both rear wheels turn the same amount of revolutions, and when connering, the trike became extremely unstable, and causing it to 'flip' at times. whereas, the current large trikes have a differential rear axle, which allows the outter wheel to turn faster during a turn, giving it stability...
btw: i taught my son to 'lean' his ATC in a turn, getting the outter tire OFF THE GROUND, allowing for safer turning...

Bob Denman
08-20-2013, 09:32 AM
How many of us got started on the original 90s? :thumbup:
...And then this guy showed up on one...

poordom
08-20-2013, 09:32 PM

Two different animals.

TexasTripod
08-21-2013, 09:18 AM
The reason they were outlawed was because too many irresponsible adults were letting their young children ride them unsupervised and they were getting hurt. I used to race them back in the mid eighties and saw this first hand. I never got hurt on mine and as a matter of fact I still have a 1986 Kawasaki Tecate sitting in my garage that I ride regularly.:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
08-21-2013, 09:26 AM
:agree: They got killed off becuase people were too lazy to learn how to actually rdie them... :gaah:
They were tons of fun; and way more maneuverable in the tight woods than a quad! :thumbup:

NancysToy
08-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Sadly, we have become a society where the government feels they have to protect us from not only our own stupidity, but even the most minute possibility of an injury or mishap. By 2020 they may have even outlawed kitchen knives at this rate.

Bob Denman
08-21-2013, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hzT5DWdlWo

jwulf74
08-21-2013, 12:13 PM
^^ love that movie and speech:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
08-21-2013, 12:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYArjS-Ee0

CurtG
08-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Sadly, we have become a society where the government feels they have to protect us from not only our own stupidity, but even the most minute possibility of an injury or mishap. By 2020 they may have even outlawed kitchen knives at this rate.

A certain percentage of the population wants a Nerf world and the percentage seems to be growing.

Ride safe,

poordom
09-07-2013, 08:15 PM

We shall see in due time

Dom

Well Folks, I hate to say this but I don't think we will see these trikes anytime soon.

As one of the members mentioned earlier, these are still a designer's concept.

The company involved with these trike is NOT Arctic Cat but Sabertooth Motorcycle, site below.

http://sabertoothmotorcycles.com/trikes/bobcat-touring.html (http://sabertoothmotorcycles.com/trikes/bobcat-touring.html)

At this time this company doesn't sound to financially healthy, which is too bad.

If you visit the site you will see why, it is too bad, from a concept point of view these trikes sounded really good, Oh Well.

Dom

scott16119
09-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Some nice graphic art and painting by whomever started that, it looked good to me.

Bob Denman
09-08-2013, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=poordom;685241]
The company involved with these trike is NOT Arctic Cat but Sabertooth Motorcycle, site below.
Thanks for the update! :thumbup:

"Artists scrawling something on a cocktail napkin", doesn't count... :shocked:

SPYDERFUZZ
09-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Did anyone notice but it looks the foot shift is on the right side. Is that what I am seeing?

Bob Denman
09-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Artists aren't engineers, so it's kind of tough to tell what that pedal's function would be. :dontknow:
For all that we know about that picture; it could have been the headlight dimmer switch! :shocked:

poordom
09-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Some nice graphic art and painting by whomever started that, it looked good to me.

I copied and pasted the trike picture, then modified the Arctic logo, then added my 2 cents worth.

Dom

Lamonster
09-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Well Folks, I hate to say this but I don't think we will see these trikes anytime soon.

http://sabertoothmotorcycles.com/trikes/bobcat-touring.html (http://sabertoothmotorcycles.com/trikes/bobcat-touring.html)

At this time this company doesn't sound to financially healthy, which is too bad.

If you visit the site you will see why, it is too bad, from a concept point of view these trikes sounded really good, Oh Well.

Dom
I was around when this company started. I was going to be one of their long term test pilots. The company was started by Tom Breadlove and the money guy was Ben Dalines. Tom was a friend of mine and he did most of the design and build of the bikes. When he left the company I lost contact with them. I had no idea they were doing a trike but you can bet if they do build this it will have a V8 in it. I wish them the best of luck.

Dan McNally
09-08-2013, 10:44 AM

By 2020, Soylent Green, the only food we will be authorized to eat, will be pre-sliced, negating the need for evil, crime-causing kitchen knives! They will be highly regulated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives and Sharp Objects. :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-08-2013, 11:37 AM
By 2020, Soylent Green, the only food we will be authorized to eat, will be pre-sliced, negating the need for evil, crime-causing kitchen knives! They will be highly regulated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives and Sharp Objects. :roflblack::roflblack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

Yeochief
09-08-2013, 02:36 PM
My neighbor has an old HD Sportser. The shift lever is on the right side. Seems they were popular with flat track racers so they located the shifter on the "up" side of the bike when it was making the left hand turns. nojoke

poordom
09-08-2013, 06:55 PM
I was around when this company started. I was going to be one of their long term test pilots. The company was started by Tom Breadlove and the money guy was Ben Dalines. Tom was a friend of mine and he did most of the design and build of the bikes. When he left the company I lost contact with them. I had no idea they were doing a trike but you can bet if they do build this it will have a V8 in it. I wish them the best of luck.

Lamont, from what I have read, the engine was supposed to be a WEBER 850 cc, twin developing about 100 to 140 HP depending if turbo or not, the transmission was to a CVT, which sound good on paper.

Lamont check their site, I don't think they will make it, based on the financial info. floating around.

Which is really too bad, I like their design, and it is true, designers are not engineers, tell me about it.

Dom