PDA

View Full Version : Sad, this happened near me....

spydermyke990
08-19-2013, 07:10 PM
This happened near where I live, my sister passed by the scene just after emergency personnel arrived, and she confirmed a spyder was involved..

WHAM Rochester News Cops: 2 dead in Finger Lakes motorcycle/SUV crash August 18, 2013 12:03 EDT POTTER, N.Y. (AP) -- Police say two people are dead after their three-wheel motorcycle collided with an SUV in the Finger Lakes. The Yates County Sheriff's Office tells local media outlets that 64-year-old Dan Harrington and 60-year-old Cynthia Harrington of Bloomfield were riding in the town of Potter when they ran a stop sign and hit the SUV at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Deputies say both were thrown from the motorcycle and died at the scene. The SUV driver was treated for minor injuries. Potter is 38 miles southeast of Rochester.

Read More at: http://www.13wham.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.ny/28f5bf12-www.13wham.com.shtml#.UhKzPaa9K0c

SNOOPY
08-19-2013, 07:14 PM
That's terrible.

Definitely not showing the wife this one...

SpyderAnn01
08-19-2013, 07:15 PM
That is sad.

Chupaca
08-19-2013, 07:16 PM
:pray::pray:'s go out to their family. Hate to hear news like this....

spydaman60
08-19-2013, 07:27 PM
prayers from the tug hill area of ny!:pray::pray::pray:

Dan McNally
08-19-2013, 07:28 PM
So sad to hear.

WV Spyder Ryder
08-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Man that's tough... Sad news.

ARtraveler
08-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Thoughts and :pray::pray:

Blue Star
08-19-2013, 09:47 PM
:pray: for the family

Daisyjoe
08-19-2013, 10:19 PM
So sad and tragic.

Bob Denman
08-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Sad... and completely avoidable :shocked:...
Prayers go out to the families... :pray:

cuznjohn
08-20-2013, 09:51 AM
the article said they went through the stop sign and you wonder how this happens.no matter what it is sad that two people lost their life's thought and prayers go out to the family's

bruiser
08-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Prayers to the family. Were they on SL?

The link comes up as not available.

grumpybob
08-20-2013, 05:17 PM
:pray::pray::pray: go out to the family and friends. We were tied up all weekend and did not hear about it until now. Very sad.

spydermyke990
08-21-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm still wonder what led to the accident at all- distraction? Brake system malfunction? I know that road pretty well, and usually not a whole lot happens on there except for winter, and that's when voak road gets treacherous. Hopefully they can plug into the bike's ECM and get answers, at least if there was a brake malfunction somewhere on the machine.

mindman
08-21-2013, 07:06 AM
OMG! My last name is Harrington (No relation) and I'm most likely going to be in the Finger Lakes region (Skanneateles) in the fall - on the Spyder. Am taking this as a sign to be extra extra vigilant!!
Prayers go out to the other Harrington family. :pray:

Bob Denman
08-21-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm still wonder what led to the accident at all- distraction? Brake system malfunction?
I am also curious...
Does anybody know what road they were on, and where this happened? :dontknow:

bill pitman
08-21-2013, 09:17 AM
OMG! My last name is Harrington (No relation) and I'm most likely going to be in the Finger Lakes region (Skanneateles) in the fall - on the Spyder. Am taking this as a sign to be extra extra vigilant!!

I am the person doing name tags for SpyderQuest,
I saw that post and remembered your name- OMG!
I was distraught to say the least. Even spoke with Rnet!
Finally checked my list and realized.....

A very sad event....

Bill

spydaman60
08-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Prayers go out to the other Harrington family. :pray:mindman, i saw the harrington name on the spyderquest shirt order and immediately thought of you guys. sad to have it happen to anyone, but glad you weren't the harringtons involved.:thumbup:

Bob Ledford
08-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Any time some one dies it is a tragedy for the family. When both die at the same time it is even worse. Assuming they had children, one can only assume it was catastrophic to them.

Now the kids have multiple calamities to deal with, the death of two parents, funerals, estate things and the legal things involving thr court system.

Which brings up another good question. Do you have your stuff all done so when your time comes your survivors are spared the same problems?

My Mom had their estate planning all done when Dad up and died unexpectedly. she made her Mother do the same thing. Her estate is all done and current. Not that I expect her to die tomorrow. At 92.5 you never know even knowing she still drives herself, lives alone and wouldn't have it any other way. My wife and I have everything documented so if either or both were to die together her niece has a plan already in place.

Bob Denman
08-21-2013, 10:41 AM
:agree: My Missus is the Grounds Superintendent for a local cemetery. She has to sell plots, and arrange for interments and the placing of monuments.
It's a lot easier when the bereaved have had some of the "heaviest lifting that they'll ever have to do", already taken care of... :thumbup:

SpyderMarkus
08-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Last name is also Harrington (no relation either)... Wife & I both have 2012 Limiteds... We've just got back from a 1060 mile 4-day/3 night trip to Southwest Virginia... We rode the "Back of the Dragon" which has recently had a few motorcycle accidents due to excessive gravel, so I was tad bit worried for wife and daughter who was ryding with her! However, we had a safe trip and a blast!!

Thoughts & Prayers go out to the Harrington family who last their lives. :pray: