PDA

View Full Version : Rough idle

flamingobabe
08-18-2013, 09:16 PM
the heat problem seems to be gone...now I'm experience a rough idle...1000-1800rpms...acts like it's going to die or just take off...got to give it a lot of gas so it go's...

Mark Baker (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006119736838) After her bike warms up, it starts surging at idle.... pretty strong surges and the low side is almost to stall. Still not right, but the heat is not as bad..... Still waiting for BRP to come up with a solution.....her bike also shudders just off idle even before warmed up... shakes the whole bike.

Chupaca
08-18-2013, 11:58 PM
sounds like you may have some vacuum lines issues. If no codes present you may have to hook it up to buds for codes. Other items to see are throttle body, cables or sensors, idle stop, cruise control related items...:dontknow:

Mo Lee
08-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Look for anyplace a added heat shield is covering a sensor causing it to retain too much heat.

MMcc
08-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Check the two small vacuum hoses that connect to the TB's. Both of mine were badly cracked and at idle it was almost impossible to keep it running. When one finely broke completely it caused a code and able to find the cause. All the heat underneath the TW does affect the rubber parts, causing them to degrade quickly.

NancysToy
08-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Purge valve or other vacuum leak is the most likely culprit.

Bob Denman
08-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Could it possibly be plugs and/or wires? :dontknow:

flamingobabe
08-20-2013, 02:29 PM
I have to take it to a dealer...don't really want to ride 750 miles with it mis-behaving.....but afraid of all 6 dealers in area....I will not leave it there for an extended time....

warp10
08-20-2013, 03:09 PM
you might try Granbury
1507 N Plaza Dr
Granbury, TX 76048
Phone: 800.800.2851orLouis PowerSports 6309 Interstate 30
Greenville, TX 75402
Phone: 903-454-4440 They are good and a lot closer.

2Paw
08-20-2013, 03:18 PM
I can reccomend Louis Powersports but Granberry might be closer.

flamingobabe
08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
I can reccomend Louis Powersports but Granberry might be closer. I always forget Louis Powersports.... I know Dan...so if I rode to Louis Power Sports...probably 300-350 miles for me....do you have parts stocked...cause I could not leave it...y'all would have to fix it in 1 or 2 days....pm me

Web Runner
08-20-2013, 04:18 PM
I have to take it to a dealer...don't really want to ride 750 miles with it mis-behaving.....but afraid of all 6 dealers in area....I will not leave it there for an extended time....

I agree. I seems that BRP products are such a small part of Wild West Honda's and Team Mancuso SW Powersports' business that it gets little to no attention. For example, at Mancuso's, all the BRP products are located in the back right corner of the store. A small amount of poorly lit floor space is allocated to BRP, whereas BMW, Triumph, Ducati, Yamaha, and Victory each have more floorspace and it is prominently displayed and well lit.
I just think that the Spyder is looked down upon by Mancuso's employees as well.
Here's a photo I pulled from their website today. In the back right corner below the sign that says "Star" is where BRP is showcased. If you go to their website (http://www.tmpsw.com/new_vehicle_inventory.asp?category=0&mfg=18&ModelYearFrom=1900&ModelYearThru=2020&PriceFrom=0&PriceThru=999999999&ModelSearch=&submit=Search) and scroll down you will see a listing for this bike and a green RSS. Look at those photos and you'll get the idea. You will also be able to see just how expansive this dealer is by looking at the other photos.

When I had my 4,600 mile maintenance done at Mancuso, I was told by the person behind the service counter that I should replace my brake fluid every 2 years or 12,000 miles. Well, I pointed out that I have a 2010 model that has not had the fluid changed out yet. He just looked at me and then looked at his co-worker and then said it should be replaced. So I asked why the tech didn't recommend that the fluid be changed. Again he just looked at me and did not have an answer. I asked if the fluid goes bad and they both answered yes, that it can become contaminated. I asked again why it was not suggested to change out the fluid. This time the person behind the desk ran to ask the tech. When he came back he said that the tech said it could wait until the next scheduled service which I think is 9,300 miles or so. The person behind the service counter then said that changing the brake fluid is about a 3 or 4 hour job. Does that sound right? I got the feeling that the tech just didn't want to do it. Anyway, I made sure that the tech documented on the receipt that the fluid could wait until the next scheduled service just in case anything happens.
I should note that the person behind the counter treated me well and tried to answer all of my questions. Quite a change from my previous visit.

Ok, ok, off my soapbox now...

flamingobabe
08-20-2013, 04:39 PM
every time I have gone to Mancuso Gulf Frwy and LaMarque....they act like they don't want to work on the Spyder....that is why I purchased from PitBull......I'll see what happens in the next couple of days...before I make a decision on where

2Paw
08-20-2013, 05:14 PM
I always forget Louis Powersports.... I know Dale...so if I rode to Louis Power Sports...probably 300-350 miles for me....do you have parts stocked...cause I could not leave it...y'all would have to fix it in 1 or 2 days....pm me

I can't answer your questions, I'm just a satisfied customer. here is there # 903-454-4440

Web Runner
08-20-2013, 05:42 PM
every time I have gone to Mancuso Gulf Frwy and LaMarque....they act like they don't want to work on the Spyder....that is why I purchased from PitBull......I'll see what happens in the next couple of days...before I make a decision on where

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels that way.
I was wondering if this is you in this photo I took a while back.

flamingobabe
08-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Web Runner...yelp...that is me with my 2009 RS....now I have the 2013 ST-L...I do believe we were at Wild West....I sure wish Bob Ballard our area rep would put together more gatherings for us...that was fun

Web Runner
08-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Web Runner...yelp...that is me with my 2009 RS....now I have the 2013 ST-L...I do believe we were at Wild West....I sure wish Bob Ballard our area rep would put together more gatherings for us...that was fun

Is he still around?
Maybe we should push him to do something.

bruiser
08-21-2013, 03:57 PM
When I had my 4,600 mile maintenance done at Mancuso, I was told by the person behind the service counter that I should replace my brake fluid every 2 years or 12,000 miles. Well, I pointed out that I have a 2010 model that has not had the fluid changed out yet. He just looked at me and then looked at his co-worker and then said it should be replaced. So I asked why the tech didn't recommend that the fluid be changed. Again he just looked at me and did not have an answer. I asked if the fluid goes bad and they both answered yes, that it can become contaminated. I asked again why it was not suggested to change out the fluid.

If you have an SM5 you need to change the clutch fluid as well. Flat rate for brake bleeding is listed in the BRP manual at 3.4 hours. When the dealer did it on our 2010 it showed as 2 hours on the final bill.

flamingobabe
08-26-2013, 10:15 AM
well...I've had a call into BRP Service for a week now...no response....are they so busy they can't return a call....called again today..........waiting