PDA

View Full Version : Speakers and helmets while riding

rworell
08-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Ok, I know lots have speakers on your RT and I have seen some awesome mods to add speakers, but what about us that where headphones? I have a 2008 GS and My ears hurt quickly after wearing them a short time under my helmet. I'm not sure the fidelity would be good for helmet speakers... Any suggestion? Or what do you all listen to ur tunes on?
Rich

arntufun
08-18-2013, 05:33 PM
You will never get the quality of sound that earbuds give....... Once you take them out of your ears and mount them in any other place (regardless if inside helmet or mounted on bike) the quality of sound will go down no matter what anyone tells you.

My suggestion is to try a more low profile earbuds with smaller end caps to fit further in your ear if the sound is important before you start thinking of relocating the speakers.

Only issue I'm having with my earbuds, is sometimes I cant hear the cops/ ambulance/ fire trucks behind me with the sirens on. The mirror location on the RS/GS is not in a ideal location to see behind you, so be extra aware of that ..............

rworell
08-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Ill have to try different sizes... I was using my sons Beats ear buds but never thought about different sizes :opps:

arntufun
08-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Ill have to try different sizes... I was using my sons Beats ear buds but never thought about different sizes :opps:

I grew up listening to DR DRE........ Thats my era. :opps: He makes more now off headphones/earbuds than he probably ever did off selling records......

Him and Snoop Dog were the Snizzle Gizzle back in the day...... Don't ask me what's cool now, because I have no clue and I'm in bed by 10pm ..... :roflblack:

coz
08-18-2013, 06:25 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack: you crazy kid !:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rofl black::roflblack::roflblack::thumbup:
this is how you listen to music.......( see picture below ).......:clap:

arntufun
08-18-2013, 07:07 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack: you crazy kid !:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rofl black::roflblack::roflblack::thumbup:
this is how you listen to music.......( see picture below ).......:clap:

Elvis and Johnny Cash music doesn't require lots of bass like todays music, so your ok with your current setup....... :roflblack::joke::roflblack:

Lou knows how to pump it, so his trunk rattles.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IpHXvnUjnfY

Trickie Dick
08-18-2013, 07:45 PM
I have used S-plugs for the last 2 years. http://www.plugup.com/the_S_plug_earcanal_stereo_earbuds_p/s%2022-3.5-4.5.htm They are,by far, the most comfortable ear plugs I've ever worn. (I have some Dr. Dres as well). I can wear them 6-8 hours and not have sore ears. Not only are they comfortable, they have excellent sound as well. I really like the 22" cord option so I don't have excess cord flying around. I have mine plugged into my G4 that is modified to accept ear buds. I blue tooth my phone or GPS for the tunes. I could not wear ear plugs for more than an hour or so before I got these. :thumbup: