PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Dealership Service

Littlebadwolf
08-18-2013, 04:01 PM
I posted this in another thread regarding our trip down to Greeneville/Johnson City but it should be here in a separate category...Here's my post...
Looks like we can't leave for our trip until Tuesday or Wednesday.....Brought my 09 GS into the dealer to get the 14600 maintenance done for warranty work and they actually broke the clutch lever which has been back ordered for 10 days now. I bought a used brake cylinder/lever off Ebay and brought it down to them today and asked that they get it installed quickly..They said they couldn't do it today, maybe tomorrow but no guarentee...Now I've got to change all our hotel reservations and schedules to meet the realtor so we can look at houses/property. I also asked they they replace the brakes on Cindi's machine...and guess what...no inventory...had to order and it's been 10 days. Soooooo...lost 2 weeks of riding so far and the dealer could care less over a simple fix of a clutch lever and brake pads. Why can't they keep the regular maintenance items in stock?...I've expressed my displeasure with the dealer in the past but they don't give a chit...I'll be glad to get out of here and hook up with a dealer that actually cares about customer service. Bear in mind that this is a so called "Platinum Dealer"..I'm highly ticked off because I've got to reschedule every day of our trip and change reservations

ARtraveler
08-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Sorry to hear of your displeasure with the dealer. Some dealers just seem to have so much business that they feel they can throw customer service out the door. I would find another dealer. A bad dealer can make the :spyder2: experience unbearable.

Littlebadwolf
08-18-2013, 04:13 PM
We'll be moving to Eastern TN within the next couple weeks and I understand that the dealer in the area is good...Would be a pleasant surprise.

SpyderAnn01
08-18-2013, 04:36 PM
That would have me breathing fire! I would think that they stock common wear items for the Harley's there so why wouldn't they have some for Spyders also. I hope they get you on the road soon.

BBBANDIT
08-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Not sure where in east Tn. you are going, but Mountain Motorsports in Kodak, Tn (just outside of Pigeon Forge, Tn. got me fixed up in a hurry. I had some trouble with my Spyder at the owners event in Maggie Valley and they were the nearest dealer. I did not want to try to head back for Baton Rouge until I got my tire fixed and when I showed up there on Saturday at about noon, they took good care of me. That is the only time I have been there and I was ready for them to put me off since I wasn't a regular. Luckily that didn't happen and I was back on the road in no time. Just a thought.

lookerjdc
08-18-2013, 04:49 PM
unfortunately there are some bad ones out there.....

our local dealer is less than stellar so i am using another dealer thats about an hour away from where I live but they have a very good rep

sorry to hear yours does not meet your standards... have you spoken to the owner of the shop?

Illinois Boy
08-18-2013, 04:55 PM
You would be surprised what some Harley dealers do not stock. Two of the larger dealers in my area are always slim on parts inventory these days. That is becoming the norm these days across the nation. Not all HD dealers are like that, but more are joining the ranks of keeping limited supplies in favor of ordering with two-day service.

My last Harley service had to wait for stock rear shocks to be ordered... and that was after waiting a week to get the appointment to replace the shocks. In other words, they knew that is what the bike was going to need when I took it in!:gaah: I have to admit HD's delivery system is a lot faster than it appears Can-Am dealers' is though.

I understand where these dealers may have difficulties keeping parts in stock; however to compensate for this there needs to be a better ordering system for Can-Am parts. Nothing these days should take 10-days to get. Most parts should be available within a couple days... tops!

Not so sure BRP understands a lot of owners ride their Spyders constantly... not just occasionally like their ATV's, wave-runners, and snowmobiles.

Spyder4Tess
08-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Wow,could'nt the platnum dealer take a lever off of something in stock.
Even the brake pads should be a basic stocking item.

Littlebadwolf
08-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Wow,could'nt the platnum dealer take a lever off of something in stock.
Even the brake pads should be a basic stocking item.
been thinking...There were at least 10 machines in the shop that they could have pirated and replaced with the one I had on order...Something else that I've got to ponder..How much is this 14.6k warranty gonna cost..may go into the thousands with thier labor rate and slow service...If we were to stay here in the area I'd be dumping the Spyders considering we can't get simple maintenance issues taken care of...It took me 2 days to get a lever off Ebay...ordered 1 day, here the next...So what's difficult with the replacement parts to the dealer?

OldCowboy
08-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Who is this dealer? Others would probably like to avoid him.

Bob Denman
08-18-2013, 05:50 PM
I have found that this tactic has worked wonders for me...
I'll call the dealer and make an appointment for servicing; at least a week ahead of time.
They know exactly what I want done, and what they're going to be doing to the bike.
I show up and ask if they've got the needed parts...
If I don't hear the right answer.... :gaah:
Well; they've learned to take me a bit more seriously now. :2thumbs:

Littlebadwolf
08-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Who is this dealer? Others would probably like to avoid him.

Scotty already identified the dealer...Town & Country in Cement City, Michigan..Avoid them at all costs...I've had nothing but problems with them since I bought my 09 GS 4 years ago.. I could tell you about nightmare service about my 4 previous attempts to have work done on our Spyders. One note to consider...I'm gonna copy this thread and give it to the service manager in person and a copy to BRP.....They won't be pleased but I've got documentation about thier failed attempts to install farkles on my roadster and it's costed me hundreds of dollars. Note:...they still charge you for labor even though they don't get the installation done correctly...

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-18-2013, 06:48 PM
I posted this in another thread regarding our trip down to Greeneville/Johnson City but it should be here in a separate category...Here's my post...
Looks like we can't leave for our trip until Tuesday or Wednesday.....Brought my 09 GS into the dealer to get the 14600 maintenance done for warranty work and they actually broke the clutch lever which has been back ordered for 10 days now. I bought a used brake cylinder/lever off Ebay and brought it down to them today and asked that they get it installed quickly..They said they couldn't do it today, maybe tomorrow but no guarentee...Now I've got to change all our hotel reservations and schedules to meet the realtor so we can look at houses/property. I also asked they they replace the brakes on Cindi's machine...and guess what...no inventory...had to order and it's been 10 days. Soooooo...lost 2 weeks of riding so far and the dealer could care less over a simple fix of a clutch lever and brake pads. Why can't they keep the regular maintenance items in stock?...I've expressed my displeasure with the dealer in the past but they don't give a chit...I'll be glad to get out of here and hook up with a dealer that actually cares about customer service. Bear in mind that this is a so called "Platinum Dealer"..I'm highly ticked off because I've got to reschedule every day of our trip and change reservations

I'm really Sorry to hear about this but.....you are now a member of "the dealer from h*ll club"No further dues ...you've already PAID them.......Mike .....PS save any property sheets 20 to 50 acres near east of Knoxville ....We're looking to re-locate also ....thanks Mike

SPYD3R
08-18-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm really Sorry to hear about this but.....you are now a member of "the dealer from h*ll club"No further dues ...you've already PAID them.......Mike .....PS save any property sheets 20 to 50 acres near east of Knoxville ....We're looking to re-locate also ....thanks Mike

i must belong to the "dealers from Heaven" club Mike.... POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE (SC) has never once did anything but 'PERFECTION' when it comes to maintaining my SPYD3R... Bridgette is the Service Manager, and she is TOPS...... and, on my trip to UTAH this past May, a CAM AM dealer in Durango, CO also serviced my SPYD3R with excellent results... i can only wish all dealers were like these two.... never dealt with any others....
Dan P
Easley, SC

MikeT
08-18-2013, 07:08 PM
unfortunately there are some bad ones out there.....
our local dealer is less than stellar so i am using another dealer thats about an hour away from where I live but they have a very good rep
SOME??????????????????????????
I think it would be easier to list the good dealers(probably a short list) than list the bad ones or crooks.
Mike

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-18-2013, 07:24 PM
SOME??????????????????????????
I think it would be easier to list the good dealers(probably a short list) than list the bad ones or crooks.
Mike

UNFORTUNATELY ....this is Soooooooooo True it's SCARY.....Mike :thumbup:

OldCowboy
08-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Scotty already identified the dealer...Town & Country in Cement City, Michigan..Avoid them at all costs...I've had nothing but problems with them since I bought my 09 GS 4 years ago.. I could tell you about nightmare service about my 4 previous attempts to have work done on our Spyders. One note to consider...I'm gonna copy this thread and give it to the service manager in person and a copy to BRP.....They won't be pleased but I've got documentation about thier failed attempts to install farkles on my roadster and it's costed me hundreds of dollars. Note:...they still charge you for labor even though they don't get the installation done correctly...

Even though it's a 2 1/2 hour ryde, you might want to use Village Motorsports in Holland MI in the future. They've received good comments from fellow Spyderlovers.

bitsy224m
08-18-2013, 11:03 PM
wow thanks for the heads up....I was going to call that dealership up to see if they change rear tires...guess I will cross them off my list....I too had a tire problem in TN. last year and took it to a dealership there, can't remember the name but they got me in the next day and replaced my tire and brakes.....it was near Pigeon Forge......

murphybrown
08-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Bad customer service makes my hair turn grey and STAND ON END....but I had wonderful treatment from dealer in Madison TN...don't know how far from your new home...but I will drive many mile to have great customer service (I now drive 170 miles one way to my GREAT customer service dealer, CLEM's in Enumclaw...and it is worth every mile)...

We'll be moving to Eastern TN within the next couple weeks and I understand that the dealer in the area is good...Would be a pleasant surprise.