PDA

View Full Version : Owner maintenance and B.U.D.S.

ABQAndy
08-18-2013, 07:18 AM
I am doing my own maintenance but one of the items in the maintenance schedule is "Using BRP Utility and Diagnostic Software (B.U.D.S.), check fault codes and install required updates." I obviously don't have any way to do this. What do those of you who do your own maintenance do about this? Do you do all of your own maintenance or do we have to have some items done by the dealer? I don't want to jeopardize my warranty.

steve0530
08-18-2013, 07:26 AM
I do most of my own work, but save receipts for document reasons. A warrantee item I would go to the dealer.

flamingobabe
08-18-2013, 08:08 AM
what we have done is do the work...example: brake job...change pads bleed brakes...then go to dealer...pay...$50bucks hook up to BUDS to clear any codes...pretty much everything else on maintenance you can do without BUDS...an update should be warranty

Spyder4Tess
08-18-2013, 08:14 AM
I just bought an FSM from a member here.Noticed that BUDS tool mentioned alot.

Chupaca
08-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Do your own work, then run it by the dealer and have him hook it up to the buds system to clear codes and perform update and any bulletin work needed. There are items to be done you may not be aware of. Recalls you will be informed about and the dealer should do them if indicated.. Then your good to go...:thumbup: