PDA

View Full Version : Difference in Akropovic Pipes

eagleeye299
08-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Akropovic Sport and the Sport Touring exhaust pipes? Not a lot of info on the Can Am site.

Flanker
08-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Give Akropovic a call......................bet they know. Good luck!

AWEInCA
08-17-2013, 12:48 PM
I wondered that myself. Let us know if you find out.

BajaRon
08-17-2013, 12:54 PM
My guess would be size and sound level/tone. :popcorn:

Five-O
08-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Akropovic Sport and the Sport Touring exhaust pipes? Not a lot of info on the Can Am site.

I was interested as well so I called.

According to Akrapovic, the ONLY difference between the sport and sport touring silencers is the shape of the canister and heat shield. Sound/performance is identical.

Flanker
08-18-2013, 09:26 AM
There you go! Over the years; I've talked to several sport bike owners who had Akropovic systems on their bikes; they all liked them, and fit and finish looked first rate.

I would be cautious about "reflexively" buying an exhaust (and pretty much everything else that isn't proprietary BRP stuff) from a dealer. While it's always a good idea to support your local dealer, so they can support you when, and if, you need it....................I've found sometimes you get a good price from them, and sometimes you get "the other kind" of price from them. You may already do this, if so I apologize for boring you...................get a quote from your dealer and research pricing online..............to see how far apart they are. My dealer (whom I like and has so far done right by me) was about $125.00 higher than my TBR slip on than "the good" online price. As a "fer instance".

SNOOPY
04-15-2014, 08:01 PM
I was interested as well so I called.

According to Akrapovic, the ONLY difference between the sport and sport touring silencers is the shape of the canister and heat shield. Sound/performance is identical.

Ive been looking for this answer for a while.

Finally found it here under my snout. Lol

SNOOPY
04-15-2014, 09:18 PM
One of these left if someone is interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310651438755?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I offered $540 w free shipping and got it instantly.

Least I have found one anywhere has been around $680

Great deal.