PDA

View Full Version : Another day passes... My wife is still liking the 'Spyder' idea. The weekend ...

Greg H.
06-27-2008, 12:55 PM
... may very likely reveal the answer; 'will I be ordering a Spyder soon?'. We are going over our finances this weekend. Personally; I think, I can swing it. Since just a few days ago, and finding that my wife really likes the idea of me getting a Spyder, there have been many questions. First being; 'what did this woman do with my wife??!!!' ;D I still find it a little odd for someone so against me getting a motorcycle for all these years, really warms to the Spyder! Yeah! It must be that 3rd wheel, and those safety features! That has to be it! Also; can I get the payments where I want them? How much will the Insurance be, etc,,,?

I made it over to the dealer yesterday to check out the demo. Since, I have no motorcycle license for TN yet, all I could do is sit on it, and rev the Rotax. ;D But, the main thing is, it did make me want one even more.

I have even put together a little finance sheet for my own spending to help make this a reality. Bring lunch to work at least 4 days a week, buy just 1 CD per month, no 'private stash' for a while (this one might bite me!!! Ha!)... You get the idea!

And, since I really do my shopping on everything I buy, I have found that a few of the upgrades that I might want on the :spyder: will have to wait. And, not to mention; Terry (tympani) mentioned to me that the back rest for the Spyder costs around $700!!!!!! I had no idea! :( So; if am able to swing this, I will have to enjoy the :spyder: just as it is for awhile. I think, I can live with that, though.

Napalmseth
06-27-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm a 33 year old only child. Although I live on my own and own my own business, I still let my parents have some pull on my life. Why not, if not for them I wouldn't be where I am today. It has been a battle since I was 16 about a motorcycle. I always lose. When my father was younger he was in an accident on a scooter so he was always dead set against me getting anything with 2 wheels and a motor. My mother told me to wait till she was dead...

I came across the Spyder while I was visiting a friend in Staten Island, New York. Was immediately intrigued. Then came the shocker. It peeked my fathers interest. I was looking at a Honda Shadow Aero, and he said "What about that 3 wheeled thing you showed me?" To which I replied "It's twice the price." We recently became partners in the business together and he said "Let the business pay for it." Hmmmm.

Not only was I finally going to be able to experience an open air ride for the first time in my life, but with my parents blessing.

So, off we went to buy my Spyder.

About a week after I received my Spyder, my father decided to order the SE5.

So, I find myself asking the same question about my parents, "Who are you people, and what did you do with my parents."

nancyemh
06-27-2008, 02:40 PM
My parents are the same way! They were totally worried when I was riding around on my
Shadow. But they seem pretty excited about my Spyder! Took all sorts of pictures when
I brought her home. There's just something about Spyders........

Smylinacha
06-27-2008, 03:08 PM
My mom is so happy I'm off the Harley now!

Napalmseth
06-27-2008, 03:14 PM
I told my folks, when I move to California I'm getting my 2 wheeler. Their reply... "As long as you don't tell us."

Lamonster
06-27-2008, 03:48 PM
;D :bigthumbsup:

pphantom538
06-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I told my folks, when I move to California I'm getting my 2 wheeler. Their reply... "As long as you don't tell us."

Sounds like my mon.