PDA

View Full Version : Got "The Call" while out of town....argh

TonyMac
06-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Ordered my yellow :spyder: on June 13th and got a call that following Tuesday that I could have a silver one that day. Thought long and hard, but chose to wait on the yellow one which the dealer said should be in by the end of August.

Take off on a trip to California and "The Call" comes that my yellow one is in do I want to pick it up? Won't be back until next Thursday so the dealer says no problem, it'll be prepped and ready to go when I get back. Had I been there to pick it up, it would have been less than two weeks from order to delivery. I don't know yet if it was a deal that fell through or BRP is shipping more units more quickly to dealers, but in my case, it came really fast.

That's a whole week of waiting, :'( but it gives me time to line up financing and insurance (thought I had plenty of time for that-good problem to have). Plus I have to get a new helmet as It went with my old bike when I sold it.

Anyway, this will be the longest week of vacation which I'd rather spend at home. Will pick it up on Thursday, July 3rd and have a long holiday weekend to get acquainted with my new toy.

Derwin
06-27-2008, 10:56 AM
:congrats: Good to hear about your looooooong wait being over! Wow, a whole week.....I don't know how you held out so long! :joke: My wait should also be over sometime in August. But I ordered the SE5. It's really exciting, isn't it? Everytime someone posts that their Spyder has arrived, I get a renewed sense of excitement and enthusiasm about this vehicle. :bigthumbsup:

Derwin

Smylinacha
06-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Just think - you'll have a nice shiney, fast, very awesomely cool present waiting for ya when you come home! :congrats:

LittleJohn
06-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Way to go Tony!!!!

Ill let ya know if I head out to SA area, as I live in Spring just north of Houston. We can terrorize the area between us!!! LOL