PDA

View Full Version : frunk opening

cuznjohn
08-14-2013, 11:52 AM
hi everyone i have on my rt the electric frunk opener i also use the ips key cover so when i leave the bike i leave the ips key in it, but sometimes i leave the bike parked for long periods of time and the bike will not be seen. so this is what i am thinking of doing so instead of carrying the bib ips key i could lock it in the frunk and use a remote to open it. i found this on line http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-OFF-SWITCH-FLASH-LED-LIGHTING-WIRELESS-REMOTE-CONTROL-RM02-/200856805132#vi-content and i figured if i just supply 12 volts to the relay it will open the frunk so all i need to do is carry the remote fob, what do you think

MouthPiece
08-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Sounds good to me. You could have a spare key blank cut just for opening your "runk". You can then put your IPS in the "runk" and lock it with your small spare key.

Chris

RidersInChrist
08-14-2013, 12:03 PM
hi everyone i have on my rt the electric frunk opener i also use the ips key cover so when i leave the bike i leave the ips key in it, but sometimes i leave the bike parked for long periods of time and the bike will not be seen. so this is what i am thinking of doing so instead of carrying the bib ips key i could lock it in the frunk and use a remote to open it. i found this on line http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-OFF-SWITCH-FLASH-LED-LIGHTING-WIRELESS-REMOTE-CONTROL-RM02-/200856805132#vi-content and i figured if i just supply 12 volts to the relay it will open the frunk so all i need to do is carry the remote fob, what do you think

i think its a awesome idea..do u think it will work...if so ill get one too and use it too.i think its a great idea to make it where we dont have to carry the ips key around since its so big in ur pocket..so im in on ur great idea where was u going to wire that in at..
chuck

Cruzr Joe
08-14-2013, 12:05 PM
My Spyder came with two keys ............................... one is in the IPS and the other is in a lanyard around my neck so i can put the IPS key in the rear trunk and lock it up when the bike is parked outside of my shop.

Cruzr Joe

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Personally, I wouldn't do it. With all the Battery problems the RT has !!!!, if you don't have juice ....It won't open.....Mike

Bob Denman
08-14-2013, 12:12 PM
But if you carry a "Blank" key that'll turn the gintion switch; you can just use it to open up the Frunk and retrieve your IPS-equipped chipped key...

cuznjohn
08-14-2013, 12:16 PM
i think its a awesome idea..do u think it will work...if so ill get one too and use it too.i think its a great idea to make it where we dont have to carry the ips key around since its so big in ur pocket..so im in on ur great idea where was u going to wire that in at..
chuck

it would be east to do just wire one wire from the relay to the power of the frunk wire and the other to the battery through the relay so when you hit the remote it will supply power to the power opener and pop the frunk and of coarse a in line fuse will be needed

cuznjohn
08-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Personally, I wouldn't do it. With all the Battery problems the RT has !!!!, if you don't have juice ....It won't open.....Mike

MIKE what problems are the rt's having with the batteries i didn't hear anything

Bob Denman
08-14-2013, 12:22 PM
They don't really... ;)
If you're not putting a lot of extra lighting on to strain the charging system...
If you keep your revs up so that the magneto gets a chance to strut it's stuff... (Over 4,000 rpm...)
You'll be just fine! :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
08-14-2013, 12:24 PM
They don't really... ;)
If you're not putting a lot of extra lighting on to strain the charging system...
If you keep your revs up so that the magneto gets a chance to strut it's stuff... (Over 4,000 rpm...)

:agree:, Take care of your battery and connections and they will take care of you.

Cruzr joe

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-14-2013, 01:10 PM
They don't really... ;)

if, if, if , if ,if........Sorry but when you have to qualify opening the Frunk with if's .....I just would'nt to it .....It may work 100 times ...But then 101 comes and it's pouring RAIN AND " IF "............But you'll be just FINE..............WET but fine...:gaah: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:..................PS if you are that LAZY have you thought about getting a PERSONAL DRIVER............:yikes: :joke: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:.............Mike :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-14-2013, 01:12 PM
MIKE what problems are the rt's having with the batteries i didn't hear anything

This issue has been :bdh:in at least 50 + threads /posts ...........Do a search......Mike :thumbup:

ARCTIC
08-14-2013, 01:31 PM
That doesn't appear to be an instant on/off popper switch. You would have to hit "on" then "off" with the key fob otherwise it's gonna keep juicing your trunk solenoid

ivanlee
08-14-2013, 01:45 PM

Go for it, I have a 2008 gm PE# 301 and have a electric frunk opener and remote control for it,
also have a electric solenoid for reverse was install over 5 years ago and never had a problem with battery, your ignition switch still works the same. :thumbup:

cuznjohn
08-14-2013, 01:53 PM
That doesn't appear to be an instant on/off popper switch. You would have to hit "on" then "off" with the key fob otherwise it's gonna keep juicing your trunk solenoid

that one is for lights they do have momentary contact ones that will work i just used that as a example

Phantom888
08-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Depending on how long your spyder sits without using it the battery could be dead. Wireless receivers have to have power all of the time so they can receive the signal from the transmitter.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Mike, I don't think that it is a big deal.
Pop the seat up and connect a jumper.

Roger you are correct it 's not a BIG deal..............and you connect a jumper to what ...........your WALLET or the EXTRA battery you carry for EMERGENCY'S :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.........ple ase this getting toooooooooooooooooo funny:clap::clap::clap::yes::yes::yes::thumbup:

wyliec
08-14-2013, 04:30 PM
..:gaah: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:..................PS if you are that LAZY have you thought about getting a PERSONAL DRIVER............:yikes: :joke: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:.............Mike :thumbup:..0...............

Mike,

I think a personal assistant to carry the IPS might be a better option. They could also follow in a car with all the tools necessary in case of a breakdown. Oh, wait a minute, that would be called a personal driver/personal assistant.

Bob Ledford
08-14-2013, 06:16 PM

Mike,

I think a personal assistant to carry the IPS might be a better option. They could also follow in a car with all the tools necessary in case of a breakdown. Oh, wait a minute, that would be called a personal driver/personal assistant.

Commonly called a "chauffeur."

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Neither Mike.
Never leave home without one.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41UGqUsCrsL._AA160_.jpg:thumbup:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thum bup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:: thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:............... .....Mike