PDA

View Full Version : CALIFORNIA DEALERSHIP GOES ABOVE & BEYOND

cpdblegl
08-13-2013, 07:22 PM
:clap:Just had to tell everyone of an increadible experience that my wife and I had on our journey to 'Spyders in the Redwoods'. This journey started in Washington State and was our first extended trip on our first Spyder. Never having traveled by motorcycle before, we set out on a three week trip to visit family and friends and attend our first 'SITR' event! In Grants Pass OR on day two we decided to have lunch after refueling. We jumped back on our trike only to have the "check engine" light greet us, and we were stuck. Limping around GP we stopped in some shade in front of a kind man's house. He gave us refuge until a tow truck could reach us three hours later. When the trike saw the tow truck it started up and ran fine! We canceled our emergency hotel reservation in Medford (nearest Can-Am dealership) and made off for our B&B near Redding. Bike ran great until a stop for burgers, then we had to 'LIMP' to the B&B. That's where this story begins. *** Next day we called the local dealership in Redding (and please make note of them) REDDING YAMAHA & SEA-DOO (RYS) at 1936 Twin View Blvd. They told us they could squeeze us in and we drove into town, with the trike running fine again. Upon arrival the CheckEngine light reappeared. Ken and his service tech Rex hooked it up and determined the throttle body was the culprit. The needed part was ordered and the owner Paula lent us her personal vehicle so we could drive back to our B&B and spend a second night. The next day at RYS the part had missed a delivery cutoff time. Looked like we were stuck half way to our destination. RYS owner, Steve McCarley, helped me connect with a representive at BRP who I asked for help with a rental car. He could only offer me a $100 accessory credit. Having already spent $35 G's on this machine, I did not want any more accessories. I was disappointed that it was broken, halfway to my destination. Steve, having listened to this, took the phone and said to the man at BRP... "Where is the customer service?" but got no further. He proceeded to call his rep and between them they designated a brand new RT on the lot as a demo, put our luggage in it and us on it, and we went on our way smiling. We are AMAZED how this dealership saw our disappointment in our first motorcycle and found a way to make things right. I would like to formally thank Steve and Paula McCarley and their staff at RYS for bending over backwards in customer service and attention. If you are ever cruising through Redding CA, be sure to honk as you pass RYS. Better yet pull off the road and have your Spyder WELL cared for.

bzbaeren
08-13-2013, 07:54 PM
So good to hear a positive story about a dealer:yes::yes:

Chupaca
08-13-2013, 08:01 PM
it could be a trend...several stories now about great dealers. Glad you found them and were able to complete your travels with the least amount of delays...:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
08-13-2013, 08:30 PM
That is fantastic. Love to hear about the good guys out there

Dan McNally
08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Thanks for posting this. All too often we just hear the horror stories! Also, thanks to Redding Yamaha & Sea-Doo. Why don't you invite them to join here?

Daisyjoe
08-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the post and giving credit where credit is due. Always refreshing to read something like this.

cabodan
08-13-2013, 10:17 PM
I also was at SITR and I do remember talking with you and your problems and mine.I had made 3 trips to 3 dealers in LODI/RENO/MT.VERNON and they also treated me great.

JJRider
08-13-2013, 11:37 PM
We often head up towards Redding. Nice to know an excellent dealer up there. Hope that they can gain some business and sales because of this!

szohar
08-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Great story,

We are going often north from the Bay Area in CA, few weeks ago we went all the way to Seattle and spent few nights at Federal Way :)

just copied their contact information to my contact list, will stop there if needed next time.

Thanks
I

Bob Denman
08-14-2013, 07:34 AM
:2thumbs: Glad to hear that you found a real "Keeper" :thumbup:

gypsy_100
08-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks for posting. Always good to hear of great dealers and staff.

ARtraveler
08-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Always great to hear about good customer service from dealers. :clap:

Bob Ledford
08-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I would be willing to wager that if more good posts were made on Dealer Services they would out number the "evil" dealerships. Who knows maybe all the "pamming" we have done is starting to be noticed. I know my dealer gives me his full attention when I walk in with my iPad in hand because he knows he is fixing to see something good or bad pertaining to BRP.

Pincushion
08-15-2013, 05:56 PM
I heard this story in person at Spyders in the Redwoods.
I love to hear stories about Spyder Dealers stepping up and providing service above and beyond.

Thanks to the REDDING YAMAHA & SEA-DOO restoring our faith in the dealers.

I plan to make sure to stop in and say thanks in person the next time I am in the area. I will be sure to also spend a few dollars while I am there!

Questions
08-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Thank you for the kind words and it was a pleasure dealing with you and your wife. I am glad that everything worked out and you had a great trip. There is nothing worse than breaking down so far from home, hopefully we made your down time as good as possible. Thanks again.
Ken Templeton
Service Manager
Redding Yamaha Sea doo and Can Am

Topshotta
08-20-2013, 12:35 PM
This is awesome!:firstplace:

Cruzr Joe
08-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Thank you for the kind words and it was a pleasure dealing with you and your wife. I am glad that everything worked out and you had a great trip. There is nothing worse than breaking down so far from home, hopefully we made your down time as good as possible. Thanks again.
Ken Templeton
Service Manager
Redding Yamaha Sea doo and Can Am

For you Redding :firstplace:

Cruzr Joe

steve635
08-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Kudos to you Ken, great to hear a great dealer story!

OJ UK
08-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Ken Templeton
Service Manager
Redding Yamaha Sea doo and Can Am Credit where credit is due, Ken! You've raised the game and I hope that you profit from that. Good to hear!!:bowdown: