PDA

View Full Version : front end removal on a 13 rt/s

cuznjohn
08-13-2013, 11:50 AM
ok i am not the best wrench er but it took me well over two hours to remove the front end on my 2013 rt. what have i done wrong. i watched the vid of the guy that does it in 13 mins. so i took hours. first i had a hard time getting to the two bolts on the bottom of the bike, than i removed the two side bolts and two top bolts and it still didn't move, so after looking around some more i found two more bolts under where the head lights are so i had to remove the outside cover around the head lights to get to them. than there is a ton ow wires to unplug now i am exhausted. so b4 i start mounting the new elka shocks and i find a mounting spot for my air horn i am taking a brake and having coffee. i figure the shocks should be easy because the front wheels are off the ground but i also figure the eta for the replacement of the front end will be sometime tomorrow.

cuznjohn
08-13-2013, 06:27 PM
i am guessing if i knew where all my tools are it would of been a lil faster but i just finished the elka shocks not as easy as i thought only thing left for tomorrow is find a place for the air horn and wire it in than put the front end back on

safecracker
08-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Sounds like you are getting the job done.. Removing the frunk will be easier next time. While you have the frunk off, it might be a good time to grease the a-arms. Good luck.

cuznjohn
08-13-2013, 06:55 PM
the bike is going in for new ball joints and tie rod ends so i am going to have the first service done at the same time so they will most likely do it all