PDA

View Full Version : BLASK BOXES

cuznjohn
08-13-2013, 06:25 AM
so what does everyone think of the pros and cons that the new black boxes are going to have

Many auto manufacturers have installed EDRs in their vehicles voluntarily prior to the implementation of 49CFR563. These EDRs do not necessarily create records that are compliant with the federal regulation and there is no requirement that they be modified.

The following vehicle makes, manufactured after 1994 and before 2014, may have an EDR:

Acura, Buick, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, Geo, GMC, Holden, Honda, HSV, Hummer, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jeep, Kia, Lancia, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Opel, Pontiac, Ram, Rolls Royce, Saab, Saturn, Scion, SRT, Sterling, Suzuki Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo.
Not all models by these manufacturers have an EDR for all years. The type and amount of recorded data varies considerably. The conditions that must exist, air bag deployment or non-deployment, front, rear or side impact and/or rollover, to create a record also varies.

wyliec
08-13-2013, 06:40 AM
I guess if you're prone to committing illegal activities, you probably would want to disable it.

JCSMOKE
08-13-2013, 06:45 AM
I guess if you're prone to committing illegal activities, you probably would want to disable it.
Do you by chance know how?

Bob Denman
08-13-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm not going to worry about this issue; I've got nothing to hide, and will readily admit to any transgression that they can find! :thumbup:
(But I'm STILL not telling the Missus about them!)

cuznjohn
08-13-2013, 08:46 AM
as i hear it there might be a way to disable it but they say that the insurance companies will balk at that. me personally don't care about it, it was the same when easy pass came out. i can remember a dear hunting buddy who is no longer with us that flipped out because he received a letter from easy pass as a warning that he was speeding between two toll boots in up state new york because they knew at 55 mph it took so many min's to get from one to another, poor guy was besides himself lol. i have my moments of speeding but they are few and far between and i have come to realize that when the government has something in their heads it is going to happen

bruiser
08-13-2013, 10:40 AM
BBs 2006 Impala SS has one. The dealer showed me how they access it and showed me a readout. Personally, I don't care if it has one or not. As others have said, I have nothing to hide. Nothing at all. Nota. Nyet. Nein.

grumpybob
08-13-2013, 10:47 AM
I have nothing to hide, but where does it stop. Before long there will be 20 cameras in your house and you won't be able to take a **** without being watched. The real people that need to be tracked are out elected officials, kind of like follow the money!

Bob Denman
08-13-2013, 10:50 AM
If they want to watch me doing THAT :shocked:; the joke will be on them!
Their appetites will be ruined for at least a month! :barf: :roflblack:

grumpybob
08-13-2013, 11:04 AM
If they want to watch me doing THAT :shocked:; the joke will be on them!
Their appetites will be ruined for at least a month! :barf: :roflblack: That might be a good thing.

Chupaca
08-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Doesn't matter one way or the other. They have so many way to check up anyway. If you have a fender bender now the first thing they check are your phone records to see if you were on the phone or texting. They have cam's on every corner and light. So a black box will say what it wants I will say prove it..!! :roflblack:

boborgera
08-13-2013, 04:55 PM
. Before long there will be 20 cameras in your house and you won't be able to take a **** without being watched.

Funny you should say that;;;
Our cabin is a mile in the middle of our hunting club, Someone[s] keep poking around the gate, So i put a field camera out there, Got a lot of pictures of deer/bear/coyote and turkeys.
Got one of a human turkey taking a Sh*t..
One never knows who's watching ''one''??