PDA

View Full Version : United States Warranty Extended Service Protection Corporation

Bruise01
08-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Hello. I have an 08 Can-Am Spyder that did not have any warranty coverage. I had been searching for a company that would provide me with coverage but was getting nowhere - five year old bike, expired factory warranty, etc. etc. I wanted someone who would sell directly to me - I didn't want to go through a dealership. I lucked upon a company called USWC (United States Warranty Corporation) and spoke with a Ms. Katie Lentine. All I really needed to provide her was the year, make, model, mileage, and my state of residence and they were able to provide me with what I felt was a very reasonable quote which I feel was comparable to RPM, BRP or BEST basic coverage. I hoping that I never have to use it but if you are in a similar situation I would at least look in to contacting USWC. Katie was very easy to deal with and responded quickly. Like I said I'm just passing along the information.

Spyder4Tess
08-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Did you read the fine print for whats covered?

Tango
08-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Length of coverage? Price? :thumbup: Tom :trike:

MRH
08-13-2013, 10:29 AM
I did a quick bit of online research, and complaints were about all that I could find (I wish it were otherwise, as I would really like to extend my warranty as well).

bruiser
08-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Did a Google search. Several companies listed under this name with minor variations and multiple locations. BBB showed at least 16 complaints under each name. I used to get junk mail from this company for warranty coverage for my truck and car. It went in the shred file.

Bruise01
08-18-2013, 08:12 PM
All I can say is that I did my homework on this one. Couldn't find any company that didn't have a complaint against them. For my purpose I thought it was a good way to go and the price to me was reasonable. I would suggest calling to see how your own comfort is with what Ms. Lentine has to say. Good Luck.

MRH
08-18-2013, 08:34 PM
All I can say is that I did my homework on this one. Couldn't find any company that didn't have a complaint against them. For my purpose I thought it was a good way to go and the price to me was reasonable. I would suggest calling to see how your own comfort is with what Ms. Lentine has to say. Good Luck.

Certainly, every company of any size has complaints. Did you find great reviews as well? I'm not trying to be difficult, I too really would love to find a great warranty that extends past my current coverage.

ARtraveler
08-19-2013, 12:30 AM
If you have done your research and feel happy with the package you paid for, then I would not worry. Hopefully they stand behind what they say when it comes time for warranty service.

I know that the others who have posted, have good intentions. There are so many companies out there that are fraudulent and will tell you anything in order to get your money. I am skeptical of a company that insures out of warranty vehicles over 5 years old. This is the point in time when expensive repairs are needed. The warranty company cannot stay in business unless they make a profit off the product they sell.

Spyder4Tess
08-19-2013, 07:18 AM
United States Warranty Extended Service Protection Corporation
The name alone sounds fishy!

Magdave
08-19-2013, 11:03 AM
The research I did shows several A+ BBB ratings don't know where all the negativity is coming from.:dontknow:

mooneych
08-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Please excuse me for bringing this up: How much is the bike worth, and how much are they going to charge you per month for this warranty? I think there might be a tipping point there. You should also consider how many months and miles you intend on putting on the Spyder. If the service is horrendously expensive in your area, this could also be a factor. How handy are you with a wrench?

Apart from the dubious reputation of this company, these are things to think about. Perhaps Bob, who is in the insurance business, might be able to help you do the math. He's pretty good at figuring these things out.