PDA

View Full Version : Going Bananas

SPYDERFUZZ
08-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Just like every thing else everyone has an opinion which is good now I can pick and try until I get what I like. Thanks again. Hope I don't get it too full. It seems like the:spyder2: everything is life or death. One pound of air too much or too little and I can't steer, or one ounce too much oil and you are in trouble. I'm getting paranoid. I wish someone lived close to me and they could ride my :spyder2:. I didn't think I had any issues but the more I read the more I think my :spyder2: is falling apart and I'm not smart enough to know it. I would go where you are if it's not too far. I live in Jacksonville TX.

JCSMOKE
08-12-2013, 06:12 PM
First off. Breath deeply, there is most likely nothing wrong with your bike. My oil fluctuates a bunch, primarily because I don't check as often as I should. I have no engine issues or transmission issues. My tires have been way full and way low, no handling issues. You have a robust bike, get with riders in your area, there have to be some out there. Ride and enjoy.

spydaman60
08-12-2013, 06:16 PM
the spyder isn't that sensitive of a machine. a few ounces of oil one way or the other won't blow the machine up! try adjusting your air in the tires until you get the ride that's comfortable for you and gives you good tire ware. don't read into everything that's posted here as something that happens to all spyders. remember there's almost 12.000 members, and those with problem post often and post the loudest. I've had mine for 10,500 miles and have gone problem less! enjoy the ride. you'll know when you have a problem!:thumbup:

boborgera
08-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Monsters of the Id, Just ride it, Can't have fun worrying.....

Yelhelp
08-13-2013, 05:22 AM
I have over 17.500 miles on my 2011 RT had regular checks and oil changes and replaced some tires. It keeps on tickng oh yea I sometime hear sounds coming from it that concern me but over ALL She's a good girl and I keep on riding. I hope for lots more miles as long as I don't abuse her to much. Seems the higher the RPM the sweeter the music. I do think brakes might be on the horizon. :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
08-13-2013, 06:55 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_10.gif relax... your bike is just fine...

Pirate looks at --
08-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Just like every thing else everyone has an opinion which is good now I can pick and try until I get what I like. Thanks again. Hope I don't get it too full. It seems like the:spyder2: everything is life or death. One pound of air too much or too little and I can't steer, or one ounce too much oil and you are in trouble. I'm getting paranoid. I wish someone lived close to me and they could ride my :spyder2:. I didn't think I had any issues but the more I read the more I think my :spyder2: is falling apart and I'm not smart enough to know it. I would go where you are if it's not too far. I live in Jacksonville TX.

I have to agree with Doug, I came to this sight before I bought my 2013 RT and now that I have made the purchase, this site makes me think that it was the Dumbest thing I have ever done. I am beginning to think the name of the site should change to Spyder Haters instead of Spyderlovers. I assume that someone enjoys their machine, but between gauges that don't work, engine heat that will quickly cook your leg to crackly crunch, or make you go up in flames, and front ends that send you roaring across several lanes of traffic, I am beginning to think that no one does. I am only 400 miles into this thing, and I am loving the ride, but every time I get on it I am expecting something to go wrong. Can someone post some good news please?

bobnaquin
08-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Monsters of the Id, Just ride it, Can't have fun worrying.....

What he said. I look at my oil every few thousand miles. I check the air pressure maybe twice a year. My bike covers more ground than most and I have this goofy grin on my face all the time I am one it. Bad news will find you without you looking for it.

srwilli
08-13-2013, 10:04 AM
I live in San Antonio.. As soon as it is not 100+ degrees where it feels like I am being slowly baked as I ride I would be happy to ride to Jacksonville, or meet you somewhere in the middle.. I have had my spyder a year this week, and have enjoyed every minute of ownership. I do what I have done with every other bike, check oil, coolant, tire pressure, maintenance as required. I have not have any problems, but if I do, I will take care of them and keep riding...

JCSMOKE
08-13-2013, 10:16 AM
I have a blast playing with the thing, seeing how much I can get away with before nanny kicks in. 20,000 fun problem free miles, I have taken it apart and put it together so many times I am on a first name basis with most of the bolts (some of them are unwilling to play nice). I have put so many farkles on the bike that I can not imagine getting another one. I have fun on long rides, short rides, driving forward is fun, driving backwards is fun, driving backwards with a trailer is fun, driving forward with a trailer is fun, just sitting on it, just looking at it, just talking about it, well fun, fun, fun. Sometimes I even wash the bike. I have done all of the work on my bike, invented things for the bike, have installed surprises on the bike.
This forum is primarily to help people so we talk about the things that need answers and just accept the idea that most people are out there having a good time on the bike. It is unfortunate that new people think that we are all complaining about the bikes, but when it comes down to it we have a blast riding alone or with others. I hope this is qualifies as a good post to those looking for one.

SpyderAnn01
08-13-2013, 10:20 AM
I had some unfortunate experiences with my most recent Spyder :bbq:but I also had many , many great miles on Spyders. Don't let my experience make you lose confidence in your Spyder. I know I haven't lost confidence and I will be back on one just as soon as someone loans me theirs or the 2014s come out.

fyrertuck
08-13-2013, 11:47 AM
30 years of riding 2 wheels and a year on the Spyder RT no problem.
Like all the bikes I have owned and what I have learned in MC safety courses. I check my oil, tires, pressure, and coolant and so on once a week, if I ride hard then more often during the week. I always do a safety walk around and load my gear and have fun for the day.
As you ride more you will know if your front tire pressure is off and so on, but have fun and ride.

SPYDERFUZZ
08-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Thank you guys, I received several come backs and all were good. Got a good post from JCSMOKE and like I said all were good. And SRWILLI even offered to come up from San Antonio to check my :spyder2: ,what a fantastic offer. Hope to find someone closer but thanks a lot. I have a niece and a nephew living in San Antonio. I have been invited several times to come down to pay golf with him. Do you play SRWILLI? Maybe we can ride while I'm there.

Anyway thanks a lot to everyone that gave me encouragement. My wife was my big supporter when I got down on myself but she is no longer here. I lost her almost 2 years ago and I have been lost ever since, that was why I bought My :spyder2: to get me out of the house. So far I have really enjoyed riding hope to find a bunch to ride with soon. Thanks again. :thumbup:

Chupaca
08-13-2013, 02:12 PM
To many come here lurking. This is for the most part a doctors office treating the sick. If you ask straight forward you will get the truth about these machines. What you see here as to problems is but a few there are thousands and thousands out there with no problems. Your roadster is fine and will tell you if you need to check anything before something bad happens. If you don't have a problem its not wise to read about others problems. Read about the farkels, rydes, clubs, humor, etc. This site offers a lot more than just solutions to problems. Jmo but if you face anything negatively it will not turn out well. Continue enjoying you ryde..!! :thumbup:

kyace2003
08-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I found this site after buying my 2013 RT Limited and it is good that I did otherwise I am not sure I would have purchased the Spyder and would have picked up the Gold Wing that I had been wanting for years. If you look at some of the posts you will be more than likely unsure of your new toy. I believe the cure for that is to just go ride it. I do not know of anything in the world that doesn't have an issue sometime in its lifetime therefore yes there will be issues with the toys we purchased, either fix them yourself or make sure you have a dealer that you are comfortable with and continue riding. It does appears that there are some that have drawn the short straw and I truly feel for those folks because it is very frustrating to have spent the money just to spend more time in the shop and not riding. There are posts from folks with multiple thousands of miles on their Spyders, to me this proves that they can last.

Do the basic checks that have already been discussed here and go ride it and enjoy the heck out of this thing. I am approaching 2500 miles now and I can tell you that the Spyder seems to get better as each mile ticks by.

Go enjoy your new ride and just take care of it when it needs the attention.

Bob Denman
08-13-2013, 04:58 PM
I had some unfortunate experiences with my most recent Spyder :bbq:but I also had many , many great miles on Spyders. Don't let my experience make you lose confidence in your Spyder. I know I haven't lost confidence and I will be back on one just as soon as someone loans me theirs or the 2014s come out.
Anne,
Your tremendous spirit and great sense of humor just keeps me in awe of you... :shocked: :bowdown: :thumbup:

(I'd let you take mine ;nojoke but I'm afraid that the "flame motif" might cause flashbacks! :D)

spydaman60
08-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Anne,
Your tremendous spirit and great sense of humor just keeps me in awe of you... :shocked: :bowdown: :thumbup:

(I'd let you take mine ;nojoke but I'm afraid that the "flame motif" might cause flashbacks! :D)bob, your flames are hot, but not as hot as annes were!nojoke

ARtraveler
08-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Most people do not have major problems or regret their :ani29: purchases. My signature line says what I feel. :thumbup:

gwritesel
08-16-2013, 04:04 PM
I have to agree with Doug, I came to this sight before I bought my 2013 RT and now that I have made the purchase, this site makes me think that it was the Dumbest thing I have ever done. I am beginning to think the name of the site should change to Spyder Haters instead of Spyderlovers. I assume that someone enjoys their machine, but between gauges that don't work, engine heat that will quickly cook your leg to crackly crunch, or make you go up in flames, and front ends that send you roaring across several lanes of traffic, I am beginning to think that no one does. I am only 400 miles into this thing, and I am loving the ride, but every time I get on it I am expecting something to go wrong. Can someone post some good news please?

I just last month finished a 10,000 mile trip from Ohio to Deadwood,SD to Fairbanks,Ak to Bend,Or and back to Ohio on my 2012 RT SE5. Had no problems what so ever and the roads up in the Yukon are some of the worst roads you will ever ride on. Hows that for good news?:D
Geo.