PDA

View Full Version : accidental burnout starting off from red light

Sopher
06-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Two Harley riders pulled up beside me at a stop light yesterday on my way home from work.
They commented "Cool bike! looks like a jet ski!"
I said "ummm yes".
Then I let out the throttle a bit too quick and did a slight slideing burnout. Purely not intentional. Purely not showing off either; but it looked like it. ;D

I made a deal with myself not to do burnout as it will wear out my tires prematurely. :joke:

The Harley guys caught up with me again at the next light. :-[

daddydarko
06-26-2008, 11:35 AM

Sure you weren't driving backwards then?

dltang
06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Two Harley riders pulled up beside me at a stop light yesterday on my way home from work.
They commented "Cool bike! looks like a jet ski!"
I said "ummm yes".
Then I let out the throttle a bit too quick and did a slight slideing burnout. Purely not intentional. Purely not showing off either; but it looked like it. ;D

I made a deal with myself not to do burnout as it will wear out my tires prematurely. :joke:

That is funny, I said the same thing, no burnouts, I want to save my tires for riding. My husband and I were out riding together and we came up side by side at a light and he gave me the ole revved up engine challenge. I was bound and determined to be first off the line. I did a sideways skid and a burnout completely by accident. It was cool though. :doorag: ;D

spyder3rdr
06-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah , I've had a few "accidents" myself ... sure is fun tho ... :bigthumbsup:

Smylinacha
06-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Even if it was unintentional it sure must have been fun! :doorag: 8)

Trypod
06-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Dit it at Leesburg, Fl Bikefest. ;D Even though it was unintentional the 3 bikes that were at the light with me pulled up around me, smiled, :bigthumbsup: , and one said, "I'm surprised and impressed, nice ride." Couldn't have wiped the ;D off my face with 60 grit. :spyder: :bigthumbsup:

Mad Matt
06-26-2008, 10:28 PM
I love burnouts. My rear tire is half shredded! When I wear it out, I'll get a new one.

One funny thing I noticed, you can't do a burnout in reverse. Yes I actually tried it. The lawyer programming kicks in and KILLS the motor dead. It doesn't just rev limit it, it shuts the bike OFF. Who gave the lawyers so much control over engineering anyhow???? Don't they ever cut loose and have some fun? I mean who in their right mind would even THINK of trying a burnout in reverse??????

Mat Matt :spyder: ;D ::)

bjt
06-27-2008, 06:26 AM
I mean who in their right mind would even THINK of trying a burnout in reverse??????

No comment. ;D :joke: :spyder:

Trypod
06-27-2008, 12:58 PM
I mean who in their right mind would even THINK of trying a burnout in reverse??????

Gonna let that one go. :spyder: :joke:

Napalmseth
06-27-2008, 01:00 PM
ditto

sabunim5
06-27-2008, 01:37 PM
My wife accidentally burnt rubber in reverse while practicing in a parking lot for her license test. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that she had stalled it out. Maybe the Nanny shut it down instead. Odd thing is that I had no brake squeal. Since her chirping the tire in reverse, I now have rear brake squeal, but only if I apply the brakes when backing up??? Who can know?
sabunim5 :spyder:

MrChet
06-27-2008, 02:42 PM

So where is the rest of the story? What happened next when they pulled up to you again???

VIspyderman
06-27-2008, 05:03 PM
My Harley is faster than a Spyder. Just sayin....

The 1st Harley to pass me, and then stay ahead of me, I'm buying him or her a beer.

sabunim5
06-27-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm no big Harley fan, but I think you better keep a 5 in your wallet. There is always somebody faster, I don't care what you ride.

Trypod
06-27-2008, 05:48 PM
:agree:

Smylinacha
06-27-2008, 08:38 PM
HDX is my hubby and his Harley is wickedly fast. No other bike like it -more money's worth of performance work than the chrome and metal itself. But he also loves the Spyder too. He says he has as much fun on that as it is a different ride. He beats on it quite a bit.

Napalmseth
06-27-2008, 08:43 PM
I take it he has the Cross Bones softail? If so, I must admit I kind of envy him. To me, that is the greatest looking HD to come out in years. I love the classic look. But, I LOVE my SPYDER.

Smylinacha
06-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Just messin w/ you guys. A stock Spyder is probably quicker than a stock HD Big Twin, but my bike isn't exactly stock. The Spyder goes darn good the way it is, but it's no match for a bike that has 700 cc's on it with $$$$$$ in performance work and tuning. I still love riding the wife's Spyder though, it's just a different experience. Now if only somebody starts making some parts for the Spyder- intakes, cams, heads, 6 speed ........ Uh-oh here I go again, don't tell my wife........

Honey - you can do whatever to it that you like - I trust ya! Make me go faster LOL!!!!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/bowing-036.gif

dltang
06-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Honey - you can do whatever to it that you like - I trust ya! Make me go faster LOL!!!!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/bowing-036.gif

I have created a smiley monster. Don't ya just love em http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/hearts-151.GIF

Napalmseth
06-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Ah ha... Arrrrg

Smylinacha
06-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I have created a smiley monster. Don't ya just love em http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/hearts-151.GIF

Smileys are my new addiction!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/kiss-106.gif

MSGTDOC
06-28-2008, 01:17 PM
traded my 05 fxst in on the spyder. not sure yet but the spyder feels like it would out run the 05. just my .02$

Sopher
06-28-2008, 02:04 PM
So where is the rest of the story? What happened next when they pulled up to you again???

They did ask what kind of engine was inside and then smiled. Light turned green and we were all off.
I still had the grin on my face... oops,, did I just burnout in front of them at that last light.... I guess I did.... kewl. Careful now... *** MUST KEEP WILL POWER UNDER CONTROL ***** MUST NOT BURNOUT WITHOUT SURE FIRE GRATIFICATION*****

Smylinacha
06-29-2008, 08:35 AM
They did ask what kind of engine was inside and then smiled. Light turned green and we were all off.
I still had the grin on my face... oops,, did I just burnout in front of them at that last light.... I guess I did.... kewl. Careful now... *** MUST KEEP WILL POWER UNDER CONTROL ***** MUST NOT BURNOUT WITHOUT SURE FIRE GRATIFICATION*****

There are alot of people who ride Harleys and like the Spyder - my hubby is one of them. He rides my Spyder too. I love riding it but it's also fun riding on the back (except when he does a burn out and I'm not paying attention)!

Roaddog2
09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
There are alot of people who ride Harleys and like the Spyder - my hubby is one of them. He rides my Spyder too. I love riding it but it's also fun riding on the back (except when he does a burn out and I'm not paying attention)!Arrrh