PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge test

jeuchler
06-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Ok, so we did ride through several states to Canada and back safely and yet had never taken the "knowledge test" which is in the manual.

Of course practice makes improvement, but it's still a nice little self-study for a really rainy day and for those folks anxiously awaiting the arrival of their Spyder:

----

"KNOWLEDGE SELF-TEST

The following provides a sample of information that you should have learned by reading this guide. It does not in-
clude all of the important information, but should give you an idea of whether you have a general understanding of the vehicle and its operation.

See p. 58 for answers."

(Here's the online manual. No cheating!)

http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/A86F2B61-B5BE-4BE9-8E75-31BAFBB36FC0/0/OperatorsGuide_2008_en.pdf
(http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/A86F2B61-B5BE-4BE9-8E75-31BAFBB36FC0/0/OperatorsGuide_2008_en.pdf)

"Questionnaire

1. If you need to stop quickly, press both the brake pedal and the parking brake.
True False
2. A pre-ride inspection should be performed once a week.
True False
3. VSS all ows you to use the vehicle in any kind of weather.
True False
4. You should only replace the tires with those approved by BRP obtained from an authorized Can-Am roadster dealer.
True False
5. It is important for the passenger to be alert and sober.
True False
6. Name six items of protective gear that can reduce your risk of injury.
1) _________________________
2) _________________________
3) _________________________
4) _________________________
5) _________________________
6) _________________________
7. Protective gear is important for preventing and reducing injuries, keeping you comfortable, and
providing protecti on against the elements.
True False
8. Which of the following is not one of the vehicle’s driving controls?
a. Clutch lever
b. Twist throttle
c. Front brake lever
9. You should leave your low beam lights on during the day for added visibility.
True False
10. You should normally positi on the vehicle in the center of the l ane.
True False
11. Unlike a typical motorcycl e, you should make i t common practice to brake and turn at the same time.
True False
12. Under normal condi ti ons, fol lowing distance should be at least ________.
a. 1 second
b. 2 seconds
c. 3 seconds
13. You should not store flammable liquids such as gasol ine in the front storage compartment, even i f they are in approved containers.
True False

14. List 5 ways of being more
noticeable to other drivers.
1) _________________________
2) _________________________
3) _________________________
4) _________________________
5) _________________________
15. When braki ng on surfaces wi th l ess than ideal traction, you shoul d pump the brakes to help maintain control of the vehicle.
True False
16. The vehicle’s maximum load including riders, cargo and accessories i s 200 kg (440 lb).
True False
17. The vehicle can safely tow a trai ler as long as the tongue weight
does not cause the overall load to exceed 200 kg (440 lb).
True False
18. A passenger should hold onto the operator.
True False
19. Riding the Spyder roadster is as safe as riding in a car.
True False
20. ABS allows you to press the brake pedal hard wi thout locking the brakes.
True False"

How'd you do?!

I know, I know--Several of you skipped question #17...

captainryder
06-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Great Test,

If I pass, can I go directly to my Licensing Bureau and get my "Roadster, a.k.a. Spyder license? :joke: Alot of these questions are in the MSF course I passed earlier this year. Of course, not the queestions about the ABS or VSS.

I'm scheduled for my Open Road Demo Tour on an SE5 in Kansas City for this Sunday. Spyderteam sends me an e-mail every day this week starting with these words... " Only X days left..." Can't wait. Will report everything about the experience hopefully with pictures by Monday 30th. I'm dressing all out for this... Got my new Yuma Mesh Jacket, new HRC Carbon Fiber Helmet, and riding boots. Only one problem I can think of...(well maybe two...) I've never ridden a motorcycle over 50cc and it is supposed to be almost 90 degrees. So the Jacket might be too much.

I'm confident I can do this, and it will be a great experience to let everyone know how easy a Spyder is to ride. I won't have to balance and I won't have to worry about brakes locking-up and if I'm nervous about stopping, won't have to even clutch to get back to 1st gear!

spyderbitten
06-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Relax, you will do just fine. Enjoy the ride and have fun. I believe Reno's Yamaha is hosting the ride. If interested in

a :spyder: ask for Kenny Lyle. He is a super guy. Tell him Mike Cole sent you his way.

bjt
06-26-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm dressing all out for this... Got my new Yuma Mesh Jacket, new HRC Carbon Fiber Helmet, and riding boots. Only one problem I can think of...(well maybe two...) I've never ridden a motorcycle over 50cc and it is supposed to be almost 90 degrees. So the Jacket might be too much.

I'm not familiar with the Yuma jacket but if it's mesh, you should be pretty comfortable when the Spyder is moving. It's the stoplights that really put the heat on you when it's warm out. If it has removable body armor, sometimes taking the armor back pad out can make the ride cooler. If your helmet is a full face design, bring a pair of sunglasses to wear so you can ride with your faceshield raised or at least cracked open. If your not moving at a decent pace, it can get stuffy inside a full face helmet.