PDA

View Full Version : Gas smell problem

czdaryle
06-26-2008, 07:19 AM
I just started having this problem and I did a search and noticed it was a problem for some a while ago but it never says what caused this. Anyone have a update?

thanks

NancysToy
06-26-2008, 11:54 AM
We still have the problem. Dealer doesn't have a clue.
-Scotty

bjt
06-26-2008, 02:31 PM
I still have it occasionally. Its a random thing. Sometimes I smell gasoline, most of the time I can't smell gasoline.

Tonga
06-26-2008, 03:04 PM
I still have it occasionally. Its a random thing. Sometimes I smell gasoline, most of the time I can't smell gasoline.
I only had the problem once and found it right away as it started after fill-up. The gas cap goes on crooked and it seems OK but it must go on straight or the smell is there. Check it out. I always take my time putting it back on.

Ryno
06-26-2008, 09:02 PM
I removed the tubing from my intake (snorkles, etc.) and the smell worsened even more.. (What could cause that?)

so I put the tubes back into the air intake and now it is just occasional..

Im wonder if fuel is getting into the airfilter box? Im not sure.. I know there are 2 stacks inside of the box.. could that be a source?

just brainstorming..

sabunim5
06-27-2008, 09:22 AM
My gas smell is only occansional and so far I can't seem to correlate it with anything, weather, temp, how full the tank is, 2up, 1up, etc. etc.
sabunim5