PDA

View Full Version : Spyder rental in the Florida Keys?

03hdjill
08-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Does anyone know where Spyders can be rented in or near the Florida Keys? or does anyone know of any good winter motorcycle tours in USA? Thanks, Jill

Captain Fin
08-25-2013, 06:03 AM
Does anyone know where Spyders can be rented in or near the Florida Keys? or does anyone know of any good winter motorcycle tours in USA? Thanks, Jill
You can rent Harleys here in the Keys at mile marker 106 on the right going south on U.S. 1. I have not seen any Spyders for rent here. You can rent a Harley trike at mile marker 106. There is a Spyder dealer in Miami about 30 miles north of Key Largo called Riva Motor Sports that may rent You a Spyder.

MouthPiece
08-25-2013, 07:35 AM
You can rent Harleys here in the Keys at mile marker 106 on the right going south on U.S. 1. I have not seen any Spyders for rent here. You can rent a Harley trike at mile marker 106. There is a Spyder dealer in Miami about 30 miles north of Key Largo called Riva Motor Sports that may rent You a Spyder.

Good to see you posting again.

Chris

Sandysandals
08-25-2013, 10:01 AM

Being an old Flarda girl I would suggest renting a bike BEFORE you hit US1. The ride TO the keys is a joy. Oversea bridges and small Key towns along the way. Once you get to Key West...there is no place to ride. Lots of traffic and 'town'. It's a straight shot down there and no real riding once there. You'd be better off to rent a scooter to putt around. Check with Peterson Harley in south Miami. Then take the 4 hour ride down...maybe take a side trip to the Everglades National Park and Museum and the 40 mile or so ride down to Flamingo through the park. Just sayin'74578

Sandysandals
08-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Why not ride from home to Daytona Beach for Biketoberfest then ride to Key West. OR...if you are near DC....take the auto train down to Sanford with the bike, then it's an hour to Daytona and off you go. Lots of options and you don't really need a tour group. I really want to take the auto train to Virginia then ride the Blue Ridge to NC then home. :dg2:

MouthPiece
08-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Why not ride from home to Daytona Beach for Biketoberfest then ride to Key West. OR...if you are near DC....take the auto train down to Sanford with the bike, then it's an hour to Daytona and off you go. Lots of options and you don't really need a tour group. I really want to take the auto train to Virginia then ride the Blue Ridge to NC then home. :dg2:

I'm plannin on doin that too, Sandy.

Chris