PDA

View Full Version : Darn coons

Lamonster
06-26-2008, 04:48 AM
Came in the office this morning and the coons had my Spyder tore all apart. Not sure what their up to now. ;D

http://gi252.photobucket.com/groups/hh17/1A4KEPDRL4/CIMG5251.jpg

8LEGS
06-26-2008, 04:54 AM
Hmmmmm. Wonder what they're up to.?.?.? 8)

jeuchler
06-26-2008, 04:57 AM
Came in the office this morning and the coons had my Spyder tore all apart. Not sure what their up to now. ;D

http://gi252.photobucket.com/groups/hh17/1A4KEPDRL4/CIMG5251.jpg

Looks like they're gonna install that 5 inch handlebar riser and maybe an oil cooler fan. :joke:

Lamonster
06-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Looks like they're gonna install that 5 inch handlebar riser and maybe an oil cooler fan. :joke:
:dontknow: :joke:

Magic Man
06-26-2008, 06:01 AM
:dontknow: :joke:

Looks more like there gonna install a 4 inch riser to me? LOL ;D

Lamonster
06-26-2008, 06:08 AM
Looks more like there gonna install a 4 inch riser to me? LOL ;D

You have great eyes, you nailed it. ;D :bigthumbsup:

mike3069
06-26-2008, 06:33 AM
:bigthumbsup: I'll be watching this one! ;D

Lamonster
06-26-2008, 07:05 AM
:bigthumbsup: I'll be watching this one! ;D

Right now I'm finding ways how not to do it. :redfaced: I think Magic Man has some good ideas on how to make it right and just for the Spyder. It's never as easy as it seems. ::)

Twodog185
06-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Add 7/8" round stock to those backets, and cut the bars? That adds flavor to say the least. But will you cut the bars? :dontknow:

I've had to put allot of pressure on those bars taking a 35 mph turn at 65 mph....with the inside wheel barely touching the ground. Will those brackets hold up when you find the steering stop?

Lamonster
06-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Add 7/8" round stock to those backets, and cut the bars? That adds flavor to say the least. But will you cut the bars? :dontknow:

I've had to put allot of pressure on those bars taking a 35 mph turn at 65 mph....with the inside wheel barely touching the ground. Will those brackets hold up when you find the steering stop?

I will be cutting the bars off and if it don't work bars are pretty cheap to replace. :doorag: It is going to take a little more than just adding a piece of 7/8" stock though. I should have known that was going to be too easy. ::)

If you hit the steering stop you're in bigger trouble than just the bars or risers flexing. From what I can tell it will take more pressure than I can ever put on it in the turns but I'll let you know it there is a problem. :doorag:

Twodog185
06-26-2008, 08:29 AM
I do like that idea...bar risers...better than the ATV bars with the center piece. Magic man first posted the picture of the center piece in March. It's June now and still no center piece release date. I hope it (bar risers) works and they put them up for sale before winter.

jeuchler
06-26-2008, 08:40 AM
...Magic man first posted the picture of the center piece in March. It's June now and still no center piece release date. I hope it (bar risers) works and they put them up for sale before winter.

Hey, TwoDog, go easy--Be patient--

It's been over five years since President Bush stood on the carrier USS Abraham Lincoln under the banner stating "Mission Accomplished"

Twodog185
06-26-2008, 08:42 AM
I have patience...you need to remember....

We plan to meet next week to talk about planning a strategy session to discuss the next step towards forming a consensus to start the development of the rough draft for the implementation of our intention to develop a plan.

COSpyder
06-26-2008, 09:04 AM
I have patience...you need to remember....

We plan to meet next week to talk about planning a strategy session to discuss the next step towards forming a consensus to start the development of the rough draft for the implementation of our intention to develop a plan.

Hmmmm, you must work for the same organization I work for!

Lamonster
06-26-2008, 09:22 AM
I do like that idea...bar risers...better than the ATV bars with the center piece. Magic man first posted the picture of the center piece in March. It's June now and still no center piece release date. I hope it (bar risers) works and they put them up for sale before winter.

I think you mean Mad Matt not Magic Man.

I'm sure Matts will be well worth the wait as his alows you to mount a bunch of different gizmo's to his. :bigthumbsup:

Twodog185
06-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Yesterday, I gave up a bar stock of stainless 1" X 4" X 18" when I got the aluminum stock for my peg extensions. Had I seen the picture of the bar extension yesterday, I'd be drawing up plans for the Bridgeport right now.

:edit:

Napalmseth
06-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Hey, TwoDog, go easy--Be patient--

It's been over five years since President Bush stood on the carrier USS Abraham Lincoln under the banner stating "Mission Accomplished"

ROFLMA

spyder3rdr
06-26-2008, 12:39 PM
what I wanta know is...how long did it take to teach the coons to turn wrenches? ... ;D ;D ;D and where can I hire some of them ?

ataDude
06-26-2008, 01:39 PM
what I wanta know is...how long did it take to teach the coons to turn wrenches? ... ;D ;D ;D and where can I hire some of them ?

Don't do it. They can take it apart but can't put it back together. ;D

bjt
06-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Don't do it. They can take it apart but can't put it back together. ;D

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. ;D

8LEGS
06-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Very Very Nice! :bigthumbsup:

Mad Matt
06-27-2008, 12:25 AM

Product development taks time and resources. Especially when you are doing something completly new that requires interfacing with several areas of the spyder, like the ignition switch, steering lock, and risers, and bars. The center piece took 2 design itterations in both appearance and fitment. Each itteration takes about 2 weeks in design and 4 weeks for a machine shop to churn out some prototypes. Then once the design is validated, you can run a production batch which is another 4 weeks. During that time I also had to develop and validate the GPS mounts, Gizmo mounts and cup holder for different bars and different GPS, etc. If you try to rush it you will end up with mistakes and a much less well thought out product. We do love to get comments and feedback on the boards as soon as possible, it helps the product be better and people get to participate in what they will be getting. Thats win win.

My complete kits will start shipping in 3 weeks , I am only waiting on the handle bars from the fab shop. I have all the other parts in hand already, including both center cover designs, spyder web inlays, GPS mounts, gizmo mounts, cup holders, ignition switch mount, and cover, all designed from scratch specifally for this project. The bars are specifically designed for the Spyder and are not quad bars. There are 2 different bar rises available. I think all in all there are 13 individual parts to create these kits all designed from scratch specifically for the Spyder. All these parts have released CAD drawings and prototype parts and have all gone through several design itterations to make sure they are good to go.

I even bought a tube bender and installed it and bent up 5 or 6 sets of prototype test bars to get them exactly right for the Spyder.

We are nearing production status on this project (and several others for the Spyder simultaneously). Our Warehouse is taking pre-orders for the pull back bars now. 623-298-7181.

While doing all this for this particular Spyder project I have about 40 other projects going for Spyders, Victories, M109's Boss Hoss, , harley, VTX, and now Kawasaki Terex!!! And more I can't even remember!!!

Sorry Twodog, It's not your fault....I have had just 1 too many people tell me I am taking to long lately...and then I hurt my knee and the Doc gave me some Vikodan.... and I drank a little Vodka on top of it. Now you see what happens!!!!!!!!!

Mad Matt ::)

PS - I do like Lamont's setup, Nice work Lamont!

Twodog185
06-27-2008, 04:36 AM
Matt,

We have all understood, and nothing was meant by my comment. I'm a patented inventor so I have respect for the process.

The ideas seen on these boards are great and innovative. Don't rush because us in forum land don't have the patience of puppy at the bowl.

I'm sorry if I offended you.

*cough*....and passes peace pipe around the bonfire.

bjt
06-27-2008, 06:02 AM
lamonster, looking at the third picture (not including the raccoon pics) and the last picture, I see that the new bars are offset. Why is that?

With this design, I see you can get more raise or more pullback depending on what angle you clamp the riser onto the stock bars. Very interesting.

:spyder: :doorag:

Lamonster
06-27-2008, 06:09 AM
lamonster, looking at the third picture (not including the raccoon pics) and the last picture, I see that the new bars are offset. Why is that?

With this design, I see you can get more raise or more pullback depending on what angle you clamp the riser onto the stock bars. Very interesting.

:spyder: :doorag:

They need to be offset so that the clutch rs clears the riser. The pipe I used is a little small so I need to change that so the plastic controls fit better and though I like the 4" rise and the cables work fine I think I'm going to go with a 3" riser for looks more than anything. There is plenty of pullback doing it this way.

Once again I did this for me to make the Spyder that much more comfortable for the long hauls. :doorag: :spyder:

Oh and my 16 year old son said they look way cool. ;D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

bjt
06-27-2008, 06:14 AM
They need to be offset so that the clutch rs clears the riser.

Okay, I see it now. :bigthumbsup:

Rando
06-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Let us know how the "Dragon" test ride goes!

captainryder
06-27-2008, 07:28 AM
:agree:

I'm not much of an expert on any mods to a motrocycle. But I have to say this is by far, way, way far the COOLEST mod I've seen. And I have to agree that the 3" riser may be the optimal choice.

Lamont: Questions:
1. Would this mod be easier than the 1" riser (Spyder part) modification? How many hours would it take an average mechanical guy to do both? Also the chances of screw-up? Less on this mod vs BRP conversion?
2. Would there be a need for offset for the SE5 (no clutch) version?
3. Do most of the cables/wiring in original set-up have enough length to make the mod or is there re-wiring?

I definitely agree with the 16yr old, the coolest :bigthumbsup:

Lamonster
06-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Lamont: Questions:
1. Would this mod be easier than the 1" riser (Spyder part) modification? How many hours would it take an average mechanical guy to do both? Also the chances of screw-up? Less on this mod vs BRP conversion?

Not sure what would be easier seeing I've never done the riser block. :dontknow:
I would say you would have a good 3 or 4 hours into this mod if all the parts were bolt-on. Mine were not so I have more time into it.
I'm sure there is a way to screw this up but I can't think of how right now unless you didn't check the cables.

2. Would there be a need for offset for the SE5 (no clutch) version?

If MM makes this product there will be no need for an offset. I just used parts I could get my hands on so this is not made for a Spyder.

3. Do most of the cables/wiring in original set-up have enough length to make the mod or is there re-wiring?

All I did was cut the cable ties to give me more slack in the wires. I did have to reroute the reverse cable.

captainryder
06-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the feedback,

Let's hope MM gets this in production..... This is really the best looking mod I've seen and from what I see, can create good space for hanging those attachments as well.

It definitely fits right in with the WOW factor of a Spyder.

Mad Matt
06-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Matt,

We have all understood, and nothing was meant by my comment. I'm a patented inventor so I have respect for the process.

The ideas seen on these boards are great and innovative. Don't rush because us in forum land don't have the patience of puppy at the bowl.

I'm sorry if I offended you.

*cough*....and passes peace pipe around the bonfire.

Thanks Twodog, I usually dont say anything unless I have something good to say!! (hopefully I did not say anything too bad) But Vikodin and Vodka can change the threshold! LOL!

I will say that the stock cables all work up to a 7 inch rise or even more! So there should be no problem using the stock cables with Lamont's setup. Also, if MM wants to make them great, but Kewlmetal will probably make a version of this as well for the folks that want to keep the stock center cover.

Matt

dltang
06-27-2008, 10:28 AM
but Kewlmetal will probably make a version of this as well for the folks that want to keep the stock center cover.

Matt

Now that is something I would seriously look into. I wouldn't mind having the handlebars further back and even a bit higher but I like the stock center piece and would love to keep it. I really like this look that Lamonster has and if you produced something like that, that we could install, I am sure I would be calling.
Deb

Mad Matt
06-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Now that is something I would seriously look into. I wouldn't mind having the handlebars further back and even a bit higher but I like the stock center piece and would love to keep it. I really like this look that Lamonster has and if you produced something like that, that we could install, I am sure I would be calling.
Deb

It's already on the drawing board!! ;D

Mad Matt

sabunim5
06-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Lamont,
Thanks for posting that first pic of the coon in the corner the night your friend left the office door open. I had lost it and it is priceless. I want to print it our with the caption "BUSTED". Great shot, appreciate you putting it back on the forum :bigthumbsup:
sabunim5 :spyder:

bjt
06-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Looking good. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/mini-raccoon.gif

Greg H.
06-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Very Very Nice! :bigthumbsup:

:agree: Finally; I can see your photos, Lamont (blocked at the office). Very sharp!

Lamonster
07-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey lamonster,
I was looking for the brand and if availablity for these riserers, Are they available? Also if so whats the price?
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

THANKS MUCH, SPYMAN

From what I hear they are in the works. :doorag:

SPYMAN
07-01-2008, 06:17 PM
From what I hear they are in the works. :doorag:

THANK YOU I WILL BE WATCHING FOR THEM.

SPYMAN

csmead
07-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Wow, you have some big coons. Hope you don't have to wade through a lot of poo to get your stuff back! ;)

Rando
11-24-2008, 06:17 AM
A typical night at Lamonster's house:

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself. (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=jnMk6ABXg28)

GA-SPYDER
11-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Now that's funny right there. :clap::firstplace: