PDA

View Full Version : Added more Lights

tobor9
08-08-2013, 12:06 AM
I started my under body light project,being low on $$ I'm doing this piecemeal. I found that Custom Dynamics had great LED light strips in a lot of sizes and colors,this allowed me to buy a few now and then get more later and add to rthe:spyder:as I save up some$$ instead of buying a complete set for lots of $$$$. I love CD,every time I order from them it comes to my door in 24 hrs,that's faster then most local stores do. So I got 6 5' strips(12 LED's) and put 2 under each floorboard and 2 on the inside of my back fender bracket to light up the rear wheel, here are some pic's,what do you think?73337

Bob Denman
08-08-2013, 07:06 AM
It's looking pretty darn pretty! :2thumbs: :clap: :firstplace:
What else is planned?

tobor9
08-08-2013, 11:58 PM
I'm going to add some more lights up front,I'm thinking of putting two on the the wings of my Spyderpops skid plate. They might get knocked off if I hit something big, but I don't think thats likely. I might also add some lights behind panels to show out of openings(like the oil panel and radiator panel). I'll play with them and see what looks best.

Bob Denman
08-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Can't wait to see it! :2thumbs:
I've been forbidden to add any lighting other than brakelights... :opps: I have to live vicariously through the experiences of others! ;)

tobor9
08-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Bob,Tell her it's a safety feature,more lights the better,we tell our HD fiends that we don't have loud pipes,we have bright lights! When I have all my lights on I can be seen from Mars:yes:

MrLooney
08-10-2013, 01:49 AM
I have heard it is not legally acceptable to have these "show" lights on while driving on the roads in some states. BUT LEO will love to add BLUE and RED Accents when he sees you!!

What's up with that??

I for one would love to have some added to my Roadster.. I see it as a safety factor!

I have read and heard many times people look right at you but do not see you!

A quote from Oregon DOT licensing brochure clearly states; motor bikes are smaller and appear to be further away then they appear. Cage drivers are looking for cages and not motorbikes (Roadsters).

How about Plug and Play lights on your chest and back?

P.S.
The Lights LQQK Great :clap:

tobor9
08-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Every LEO I've ever talked to have said as long as they are not Red or Blue(Police,Fire) and don't blind the vison of other drivers there is no problem with lights on bikes. If there is a state that would object to Green lights under my spyder I can turn them off when riding in that state.

RidersInChrist
08-10-2013, 03:00 PM
hey everyone, i also agree more lights the better so we will be scene on the road traveling .well I started my lights off with the glow-ryder wheel lights that just glow the wheels up and yes they also change 7 different colors. And I believe that is he best investment that we have made yet... I planning on adding more lights under the body to glow it up more and also buying the lights that go on the fenders. But like u said it takes the $$$ to trick it out.chuck

lookerjdc
08-10-2013, 04:31 PM
looking great so far

what power lines are you tapping in to?

are you using aux fuse boxes or direct connects?

carajony
08-10-2013, 04:55 PM
73527I'm with ya...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

tobor9
08-11-2013, 12:28 AM
I did not add a fuze box,but ran a line from the battery to under rear seat ware I split it to two fused lines,used 1 to power my "project Night" lights(done last year) and now used the sparew for the underbody lights,I put lighted rocker switches in the dash for each circuit. Now I have 3 light circuits,"angle eyes around the headlights is the 3rd and it's running on the unswitched power up front(from the fuse box). I use Leaver lock connectors to connect wall the wires from the light strips,it's a mess under the seat,butt it works.