PDA

View Full Version : SPYDERS IN THE REDWOODS

sealfloorboards
08-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Just finished the final banquet, sponsored by BRP. SITR is over and what a blast it was. Great people, rides to Yosemite National Park. More food, and Ice Cream Social. More laughing. Just plain fun!!! I want to thank my special pals, SpaceTrucker and LittleRabbit for their help. Without them, I couldn't have attended as a sponsor. SpaceTrucker did all the Seal Floorboards installing for me. All the other vendors that signed up, pulled out for whatever reasons. I sold out in one day. SpaceTrucker worked his butt off all day. Not bad for a guy who had a heart transplant after SITR last year. I start the trip back to Oregon tomorrow. I'm going home to have knee replacement surgery. Will be happy to stop walking bone-on-bone. That's it for now folks. Remember to........

Ride n comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

szohar
08-09-2013, 02:23 AM
It was great meeting you out there, was very impressed with the products.

Apparently not only me since while I was talking with you round 1:00PM at the first day you were already sold out, great work.

Get healthy and see you out there.

dick574
08-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Just finished the final banquet, sponsored by BRP. SITR is over and what a blast it was. Great people, rides to Yosemite National Park. More food, and Ice Cream Social. More laughing. Just plain fun!!! I want to thank my special pals, SpaceTrucker and LittleRabbit for their help. Without them, I couldn't have attended as a sponsor. SpaceTrucker did all the Seal Floorboards installing for me. All the other vendors that signed up, pulled out for whatever reasons. I sold out in one day. SpaceTrucker worked his butt off all day. Not bad for a guy who had a heart transplant after SITR last year. I start the trip back to Oregon tomorrow. I'm going home to have knee replacement surgery. Will be happy to stop walking bone-on-bone. That's it for now folks. Remember to........

Ride n comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

John, good luck with the surgery. Make sure the knee comes from Zimmer, DePuy or Biomet. All 3 are from my town of Warsaw, IN. (Orthopedic Capital of the World).

Bad Dog6
08-09-2013, 01:39 PM
John
We met you up at Glacier Point. Didn't have a chance to chat much. I was with the BRP Rep and Lodi Power Sports Rep.
Thanks for the great product.

Chuck

CentralCoastCA
08-09-2013, 02:15 PM
John, it was a pleasure to meet you and good luck with your knee replacement surgery. Also, thanks so much for talking to me about the floorboards for my '08 GS SM5 (wished you had that model at SITR) :) Keep us posted!

sealfloorboards
08-09-2013, 07:05 PM
John
We met you up at Glacier Point. Didn't have a chance to chat much. I was with the BRP Rep and Lodi Power Sports Rep.
Thanks for the great product.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Sure, I remember you. Hard to miss your Amsoil shirt. Sorry we didn't have a chance to talk at the BRP dinner (great job). Next time. In the mean time.......

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

Chupaca
08-10-2013, 02:11 AM
didn't get to meet you but do wish you well on the knee surgery and a speedy recovery..!! :thumbup:

Desert Spyder
08-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks John for the floorboards. I don't know if I was your first customer or not there. They felt great although I do wish they could be an inch lower. I know, how about a motorized FB with remote control so you can raise or lower on the fly? LOL

Brian

sealfloorboards
08-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks John for the floorboards. I don't know if I was your first customer or not there. They felt great although I do wish they could be an inch lower. I know, how about a motorized FB with remote control so you can raise or lower on the fly? LOL

Brian

:hun::dontknow: I'll get right on it. Bluetooth?:roflblack:

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

Desert Spyder
08-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Btw, what do you recommend for shimming the brake pedal? It seems unnatural for the pedal to be so close to the board when depressed. When the pedal is at rest it's about 12-1/2 in off the ground. When depressed its at 10 for a 2-1/2 in travel. Is this normal anybody?

DoggyDaddy
08-11-2013, 11:41 PM
My wife Nancy and i enjoyed meeting you while at Spyder of the Redwoods and REALLY enjoyed the new floorboards that you installed for me on Monday. I cannot begin to tell you how much they made the trip more enjoyable for both of us. I put 900 miles on my RT after the installation driving around Sonora, over to the coast and back home to Redlands. They allowed me to ride comfortably without needing to stop (except for fuel and food). This has been the best investment I have made since buying the RT in February. Keep up the good work!! :clap:

Desert Spyder
08-12-2013, 07:35 AM
My wife Nancy and i enjoyed meeting you while at Spyder of the Redwoods and REALLY enjoyed the new floorboards that you installed for me on Monday. I cannot begin to tell you how much they made the trip more enjoyable for both of us. I put 900 miles on my RT after the installation driving around Sonora, over to the coast and back home to Redlands. They allowed me to ride comfortably without needing to stop (except for fuel and food). This has been the best investment I have made since buying the RT in February. Keep up the good work!! :clap:

Believe me. There's more investments to come Dan. LOL

sealfloorboards
08-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Btw, what do you recommend for shimming the brake pedal? It seems unnatural for the pedal to be so close to the board when depressed. When the pedal is at rest it's about 12-1/2 in off the ground. When depressed its at 10 for a 2-1/2 in travel. Is this normal anybody?

Your Seal's came with a 3/4" aluminum shim between the brake and rubber pad. Did we fail to put it on? Let me know. If you have the shim, and still want it higher, try putting some washers under the shim. You can raise is as much as you want. You may have to buy some longer bolts if you go too high.

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

Desert Spyder
08-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Your Seal's came with a 3/4" aluminum shim between the brake and rubber pad. Did we fail to put it on? Let me know. If you have the shim, and still want it higher, try putting some washers under the shim. You can raise is as much as you want. You may have to buy some longer bolts if you go too high.

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

Wow! I never noticed John. My pedal goes almost flush to the board. I will look for that shim.

Pincushion
08-15-2013, 06:07 PM
John,
It was nice seeing you again this year. SitR was a blast this year. Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery, so you can get back in the saddle again soon.

-George

lil rabbit
08-15-2013, 09:27 PM
John,

Good luck with the knee surgery and it was a pleasure meeting you and helping you and spacetrucker. So if you need anything please let me know. I know I am a couple of hours away but if you need anything I will come help.

Bruce