PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions regarding "4" stabilizer bar links

03hdjill
08-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I have a 2013 ST Limited with the number 4 with no dot. According to the previous posts, they need to be replaced. My dealer said that according to the BRP computer, the only thing that my Spyder needed done was the lower ball joint replacement (that was already done ) They said that there were no heat issues with the master cylinder cap melting,no issues with shocks,and no stabilizer bar link issues. Should I believe them even though the post said to replace links that are stamped "4"?

NancysToy
08-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Have them look up the service bulletin regarding the links. Sometimes warranty issues do not get listed on the computer by the VIN#. They can also call or email BRP dealer tech support for verification. If they are unwilling to look up the service bulletin or knowledge base article or check with BRP, and unwilling to inspect your Spyder, find another dealer. Yours sounds like a dud.

Magdave
08-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Have them look up the service bulletin regarding the links. Sometimes warranty issues do not get listed on the computer by the VIN#. They can also call or email BRP dealer tech support for verification. If they are unwilling to look up the service bulletin or knowledge base article or check with BRP, and unwilling to inspect your Spyder, find another dealer. Yours sounds like a dud.

:thumbup: Even my dealer knew BRP has a inspection check listed for the links.

BajaRon
08-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Sounds like your dealer has a bigger shovel than most....

cuznjohn
08-06-2013, 06:51 AM
i went to my dealer yesterday and he took my vin number for my 2013 rt and sure enough he ordered the parts for me

MouthPiece
08-06-2013, 07:14 AM
I asked my service manager the same question i.e., how did he know my spyder fell "within" the campaign without having the tech take a look and the response was as follows:
I was using the BRP dealer website. All the manufacturers we are a dealer for give us the ability to run their VINs so we know what needs to be done. I don't know of any place online to run a VIN to check yourself. But all dealers have the ability to run them if they are a BRP Authorized dealer. We don't get many calls asking for us to run VINs, but when asked we do and we tell people what needs to be done to keep it current. So have them just call up a dealer. On getting mailers on recalls, I'm pretty sure that if the unit is registered with BRP under the correct name and address of the current owner, all information should be sent out. I'm also pretty sure the dealer can update information through the dealer site, I'll check on that and let you know.

Chris

03hdjill
08-06-2013, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=MouthPiece;667790]I asked my service manager the same question i.e., how did he know my spyder fell "within" the campaign without having the tech take a look and the response was as follows:
I was using the BRP dealer website. All the manufacturers we are a dealer for give us the ability to run their VINs so we know what needs to be done. I don't know of any place online to run a VIN to check yourself. But all dealers have the ability to run them if they are a BRP Authorized dealer. We don't get many calls asking for us to run VINs, but when asked we do and we tell people what needs to be done to keep it current. So have them just call up a dealer. On getting mailers on recalls, I'm pretty sure that if the unit is registered with BRP under the correct name and address of the current owner, all information should be sent out. I'm also pretty sure the dealer can update information through the dealer site, I'll check on that and let you know.
Chris,
My Dealer did run my VIN. He actually emailed the report that he got back on my Spyder. Nothing was listed. I own a 2013 ST Limited. The build date was December 2012. The links clearly show 4. Jill

Magdave
08-06-2013, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=MouthPiece;667790]I asked my service manager the same question i.e., how did he know my spyder fell "within" the campaign without having the tech take a look and the response was as follows:
Chris,
My Dealer did run my VIN. He actually emailed the report that he got back on my Spyder. Nothing was listed. I own a 2013 ST Limited. The build date was December 2012. The links clearly show 4. Jill

This problem is not Vin specific, it is not a recall it is an inspection item sort of a service bulletin covers all bikes. The bulletin number is 2013-06 that is what they told me tell them to look it up. You can call BRP but sometimes they take a long time to answer just put it on speaker phone and wait 1 (715) 848-4957

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?55433-2013-Stabilizer-Bar-Link-Rods-(FYI)&p=658631#post658631

Copperman
08-06-2013, 04:41 PM
2013 - 6
2013-6
STABILIZER BAR LINK RODS INSPECT

03hdjill
08-06-2013, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=03hdjill;667971]

This problem is not Vin specific, it is not a recall it is an inspection item sort of a service bulletin covers all bikes. The bulletin number is 2013-06 that is what they told me tell them to look it up. You can call BRP but sometimes they take a long time to answer just put it on speaker phone and wait 1 (715) 848-4957

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?55433-2013-Stabilizer-Bar-Link-Rods-(FYI)&p=658631#post658631

Well, I had copied and emailed the photo to my dealer, last week. He still did not believe me. Thanks to you guys, I called and after being placed on hold, again...(with the same rep, Tristan) got the confirmation that the bulletin does exist. He told me that he did not know what I wanted him to do...I asked that he email the confirmation to me so that I can get back in touch with my dealer to show him. You guys are great! (I can't say the same about Tristan, though....)