PDA

View Full Version : Spyders Across the Straits.

mxz600
08-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Is there any interest in getting a ride together for the summer of '14 that will cross the Mackinac Bridge. I was thinking like a 3 or 4 day deal.

We did this in 2011 (3 great lakes in 3 great days) and had a nice turn out. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...kes+great+days (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?29821-Official-Updated-3-Great-Lakes-in-3-Great-Days-Ride&highlight=great+lakes+great+days)

If there is a decent amount of interest I will set this up (to the best of my abilities).

Michigan Spyderlovers lost a great leader when Deb & Brian (dltang & bjt, I miss you guys) gave up Spydering. I thought Ann (SpyderAnn01) would be perfect to take over that role but she left the state shortly after that. Michigan get togethers have suffered ever since.

This of course is open to anyone that would like to participate. If you are interested please post here. Also let me know of any dates you'd like to see this happen, I am open to all suggestions.

Mark

Rando
08-05-2013, 11:32 AM
I think there should be a national gathering, one for the record books!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?56193-848-Mini-Coopers-Parade-Across-Mackinac-Bridge-I-wonder&highlight=mini

Copperman
08-05-2013, 03:54 PM
I'd be interested. As far as dates... I'm flexible. It's too early to decide that. You make the plans and I'll schedule around it. Thanks for taking this on. Jerry

Larry rt
08-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I am interested , any date is ok. Retired (: My brother would also like to ride . Lets do it !

Indyron
08-05-2013, 04:33 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?56193-848-Mini-Coopers-Parade-Across-Mackinac-Bridge-I-wonder

Larry rt
08-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Look at Michigan mod , there are Ryder's interested (:

dshogman
08-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Great idea - would love to do it - IF it weren't over a bridge that's as high as the Empire State Building, has a grated deck and in/on a vehicle where I could not lie down on the floor with a pillow on my head. :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Doc45
08-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Let's see, retired, nothing else to do unless the wife comes up with something..... I'm in. Just post when and where to meet up.

quickster47
08-05-2013, 08:49 PM
My wife and I were just talking about this. We would be interested, even as far as coming from Tennessee.

Carl

JKMSPYDER
08-05-2013, 08:56 PM
I would be interested in coming from western NC. I was on my two wheeler 25 years ago when I crossed Lake Michigan from Detroit and then rode the shore of Lake Erie in Canada. It was beautiful.

GloryRyders
08-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Sounds like fun..........count us in!:2thumbs:

Frank G
08-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Were In!!!!!:yes::yes::yes:. Please set it up with daily starting points..... we have vacation property outside of Gaylord Mi. I know of several Spyder owners that have vacation properties in Northern Michigan that would camp out at home and join the daily rides.

I've rode the Grates across the Big Mac several times, Not bad. I prefer the outside lanes as you can see more.

Cant Wait, Think we'll head up for an extended weekend.:shemademe_smilie:

Sny
08-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Been too long since I've been up there!

I've been itching to do a great lakes ride for a couple years now but it never seems to happen.

JCSMOKE
08-06-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm in!

mxz600
08-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Here is the deal. Last week I was thinking about the UP trip we had in 2011. I started this thread to see if there would be any interest in doing something like that again. At the time I posted this I did not know Indyron had also posted about a ride for the UP next summer, a parade across the Mackinac Bridge.

I have since been in contact with Ron because I didn't want to do something that would interfere with his plans. Instead of having two separate gatherings we will combine the two into one event. We can all gather up and have the parade across the bridge and then cruise to various places in the UP.

I would like ideas as to what people would like to see while in the UP and also when would be a good time to do this. I am thinking August but it could be anytime. It is getting harder to plan things like this as there are getting to be a lot of Spyder events throughout the year.

This will be a simple get together with no dealers, vendors or raffles for free Spyders. This will happen regardless of the number of Spyders, 2, 20, or 200.

http://www.michigan.org/

http://www.exploringthenorth.com/mich/mich.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/07/22/michigan-upper-peninsula/2574857/

Devl
08-13-2013, 02:37 PM
We would be interested. Although my Hubby will be on 2 wheels. Set the dates and we'll see what we can do.

Road Runner
08-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Let us know. Kathryn and I will be there. 2 of our children went to school in Marquette Mi. The UP is beautiful. Gary:clap:

exwinger
08-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Just crossed the bridge last Saturday and WOW was it fun. We had two-two wheelers ,my spyder and a wing trike.Didn't think they were going to allow us to cross because of high wind conditions. Had just rained a bit and had to ride the grated part most of the way. According to the flashing wind sign it was 43mph .Do not want to do that again for sure....even on my spyder. Two wheelers sucked all the naugahyde right off their seats....LOL .

Talking about going up again so will be watching this thread for updates.

spydrluvr
08-14-2013, 09:19 PM
That would be great....kind of miss ryding with the Michigan folks.....:thumbup:

Firefly
08-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Depending on the dates and my schedule... I'll go!

Some Guy
08-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I'd like to do this! I'm itching to ride. I haven't ridden either of my Spyders in over 6 weeks!!! :gaah:

I broke my left wrist pretty bad July 3rd and have been in a cast ever since...surgery and everything!

Neither Spyders nor alcohol were involved with THIS injury! nojoke

mxz600
08-15-2013, 02:00 PM
I'd like to do this! I'm itching to ride. I haven't ridden either of my Spyders in over 6 weeks!!! :gaah:

I broke my left wrist pretty bad July 3rd and have been in a cast ever since...surgery and everything!

Neither Spyders nor alcohol were involved with THIS injury! nojoke

I can believe that the Spyder wasn't involved. But no alcohol Mike, really?

Hope everything turns out well and you're back on the Spyder soon. Take care bud (no pun intended).

Some Guy
08-15-2013, 02:13 PM
I can believe that the Spyder wasn't involved. But no alcohol Mike, really?

I guess you could say alcohol was remotely involved, though there was none in my system at the time it happened.

A friend and I had just gotten to an outdoor concert and set up our chairs. We decided to head to the beer vendor for some delicious barley pops. I made it about 15 feet, tripped on uneven ground and landed awkwardly on my wrist. It was about as close to a compound fracture as you can get.

I'm a klutz. :(

Firefly
08-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Mike doesn't require alcohol in order to break bones.... all he needs is gravity!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

suenmikez
08-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Mike doesn't require alcohol in order to break bones.... all he needs is gravity!

Count us in for that ryde, have always wanted to go there! Have some Florida friends that might want to join also!:doorag::yes:

Indyron
08-16-2013, 07:52 AM
It's never too early to plan... So who would like to volunteer to help me organize a Mackinac Bridge crossing in 2014? More than 25 have posted interest from as far away as Arkansas!

I'll get the ball rolling but need help organizing. I summer in Lewiston, MI near Gaylord/Grayling. Send me your contact info to ronernst11@gmail.com and I'll start a list of both interested parties and volunteers. From there we can start planning (voting?) on what this event will look like.

Let's make this a :joke: to remember!

Some Guy
08-16-2013, 08:17 AM

Gravity LOVES me! It keeps trying to pull me closer to it... :roflblack:

OR...

I didn't fall. The ground looked sad and I thought it needed a hug.

Trickie Dick
08-16-2013, 08:25 AM
I guess you could say alcohol was remotely involved, though there was none in my system at the time it happened.

A friend and I had just gotten to an outdoor concert and set up our chairs. We decided to head to the beer vendor for some delicious barley pops. I made it about 15 feet, tripped on uneven ground and landed awkwardly on my wrist. It was about as close to a compound fracture as you can get.

I'm a klutz. :(

I sure hope it wasn't your whip hand:yikes:

Some Guy
08-16-2013, 08:29 AM
I sure hope it wasn't your whip hand:yikes:

Nope. Lucky for SpyderSteve it was my left hand! :roflblack:

LJspydee
08-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Any time between 1st of May and end of September, as Iowa is a lot closer than Arizona. I'll keep watching for more info.

Cuban Spyder
11-28-2013, 06:53 AM
Sounds like something we'd be interested in. Keep us posted.:D

2ndChildhood
11-28-2013, 12:10 PM
The Straits of Mackinaw is my Wife's favorite place to go in the summer. We Spyder up there couple time a years. Count us in.

Also I was thinking about hosting a cook out / meet and greet in late May. Weather permitting we can also pontoon around Silver Lake. I am thinking the Saturday of Memorial day weekend the 24th, or the following Saturday the 31th.

SpyderFest '14
SpyderQuest '14

Be Safe
ToM

btcherm
11-29-2013, 05:11 AM
I'm in for it just let me know when.:yes::yes::doorag:

jwulf74
11-29-2013, 10:29 AM
We may be interested depending on timing. When school is out would work best for us.

Boots
01-12-2014, 04:58 AM
Is there any interest in getting a ride together for the summer of '14 that will cross the Mackinac Bridge. I was thinking like a 3 or 4 day deal.

We did this in 2011 (3 great lakes in 3 great days) and had a nice turn out. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...kes+great+days (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?29821-Official-Updated-3-Great-Lakes-in-3-Great-Days-Ride&highlight=great+lakes+great+days)

If there is a decent amount of interest I will set this up (to the best of my abilities).

Michigan Spyderlovers lost a great leader when Deb & Brian (dltang & bjt, I miss you guys) gave up Spydering. I thought Ann (SpyderAnn01) would be perfect to take over that role but she left the state shortly after that. Michigan get togethers have suffered ever since.

This of course is open to anyone that would like to participate. If you are interested please post here. Also let me know of any dates you'd like to see this happen, I am open to all suggestions.

Mark
Lets do it !