PDA

View Full Version : Indian

spydercowboy
08-04-2013, 01:32 PM
I bet BRP is relived that Indian didn't offer a trike in their initial grand offering yesterday at Sturgis. It would have been possible since their prime target was Harley and they have a trike. I now wonder how long it will be if ever.

finless
08-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Here in Ca. the History Channel has been flooding us with commercials for the new Indian motorcycles.
Slogan is "You now have a choice" and basically going up against Harley.

Bob

joet82
08-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Here in Ca. the History Channel has been flooding us with commercials for the new Indian motorcycles.

Bob

lol we had a choice before....and we already made it....SPYDER!

Chupaca
08-04-2013, 03:27 PM
didn't Indian make a trike back in the day..?? I saw many back home but were modified for commercial use..:thumbup:

boborgera
08-04-2013, 03:54 PM
didn't Indian make a trike back in the day..?? I saw many back home but were modified for commercial use..:thumbup:

Yes they did, Harley did the same, Harley called it Serva-car. or some thing like that.
But i think Victory [Polaris] is in the planing stage with a reverse Trike...
So it won't make sense for Indian to do it, Being both are actually Polaris.:dontknow:

ARtraveler
08-04-2013, 04:25 PM
I get Rider magazine. There have been some interesting ads posted for the Indian. They are definately going after the HD crowd.

RE: a three wheeler from Polaris--a real possibility since they have both the Victory and Indian brands. Might be on the Victory side though--since I think they want to have a smooth roll out with the Indians. A three wheeler just makes that package seem a little big for starters.

Bob Denman
08-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Indian's got enough on their plate right now trying to tear a piece of Harley's butt loose...
If they get around to trikes; it'll be much later...
although Polaris has been playing around with the idea.

spydercowboy
08-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Yes they did, Harley did the same, Harley called it Serva-car. or some thing like that.
But i think Victory [Polaris] is in the planing stage with a reverse Trike...
So it won't make sense for Indian to do it, Being both are actually Polaris.:dontknow:

The Indian is a Harley target so it would make since for them to come out with a trike to compete for Harley sales.

And by the same token it sorta makes sense for Victory to go after BRP with a reverse trike. All in all competition is good for the consumer.

retread
08-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Going by the prototype pics, Polaris' reverse trike will be a side by side with a GM 2.4 liter 4 cylinder in it.

john

Bob Denman
08-04-2013, 08:39 PM
That may have just been a test mule for some portion of the design... It's almost hard to believe that they'd use a GM engine...

Motorcycledave
08-04-2013, 10:40 PM
PM sent
Dave

Bob

yamahog
08-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I like the looks of the new indian but not the pricing, I wish BRP would use the keyless Idea for our spyders though, that would be great I love it on my focus.:2thumbs:

jerpinoy
08-05-2013, 12:27 PM
:roflblack:Elio motors are in the right track.:roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
08-15-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: Price on new Indian. The latest issue of Rider Magazine has an ad for Indian. The ad said: Starting at $18,999. That sure beats the $35K plus the last iteration of the brand was running. :bbq:

Bob Denman
08-15-2013, 05:28 PM
:agree: They are now competitively priced... and pretty! :2thumbs:

bruiser
08-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Was at the IMS in Charlotte in March. They had Indians on display. There wasn't a single one there for $18,000. Cheapest one there was $28,000., and it was a stripped down bike. There was one for $39,000. :clap:

Now if Victory comes out with a trike with the 106 engine and a six speed trans...

The dealer we purchased our Spyders from sells Victorys as well.

harrypottar
08-15-2013, 08:09 PM
All the older Indians went for big bucks the newer ones are under $24k and nice looking.

would not sell my spyder but would love the vintage in Indian Red with the tan leather as a fun two wheeler.

harry

finless
08-15-2013, 08:38 PM
TV has been flooded with these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ba0OvfVK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XheeEX00t4

I will stick to my Spyder :)
No offense but this is kind of ugly......

Bob

ARtraveler
08-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks for showing the ads. I have not seen any on TV yet--just the teaser ads in Rider Magazine so far.

I am not getting rid of my :spyder2:'s since my two wheeling days have unfortunately come to an end. When they were in a previous iteration, I was drooling over the $35K versions. They had a dealer here. What kept me back, is that I was not sure how long that company would stay in business. About 6 months later, they were gone.

I have a lot of confidence in Polaris, so do not think the brand is going to bomb again. They have done very well with the Victory brand.

Those old style MC's really turn me on. Yes, I even like the looks of the HD's. Were this another time in my life, I would probably have an Indian in my garage--because I like em!

I would still be driving my :spyder2:.

Bob Denman
08-16-2013, 01:39 PM
In your garage :shocked:?? Shoot; I'd put it in the living room! :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
08-16-2013, 01:56 PM
In your garage :shocked:?? Shoot; I'd put it in the living room! :2thumbs:

That's a good idea. Except, the garage is the whole first floor and I live in the second story. I don't think my HC stairlift would take that much weight. Are you and and a few others willing to help me do that for a case of barley pop and some BBQ. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

I can already see the cats taking turns sleeping on the seat. :roflblack: