PDA

View Full Version : Juice Box

DriftersWay
08-04-2013, 07:14 AM
I'm looking for some reports on the Two Brothers Juice Box. Any info would be welcome. I have a 2012 RT. Thanks all

packbuckbrew
08-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Put a Juice Box on my 2010 RT with Two Brothers pipe. Played around with it extensively, saw virtually no improvement in performance either on top end or throttle response. Ended up getting repeated codes for "Too lean condition" and finally removed it.

I will sell you mine cheap.

The only way these devices can help your performance is to get the engine professionally tuned on a dyno. As Lamont reminded me, the RT is simply not meant for this, it is a somewhat underpowered touring trike. Don't try to make a minivan run like a Bugatti, it will only give you headaches and lighten your wallet. If you want to have the fastest minivan, get an RS. My two-cents.

DriftersWay
08-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the info, and it does make sense.

Spyder Tony
08-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the info, and it does make sense.

you may want to check out my thread a few days back on the subject. There is some really good informationto be had...

Flanker
08-04-2013, 09:31 AM
This is Spyder Tony's thread on the same topic: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?56052-Whether-or-not-to-Juicebox Others have commented about wasting money on this type of thing (fuel management modules, exhaust etc), and that they need to be purchased as a system (i.e. air filter, fuel management module, and exhaust). That is excellent advice. Unless you're going to 'blow the bucks" on all three they are kinda a waste of money. "Unless" you have money to blow, and/or you want the sound/appearance of a slip on exhaust and don't necessarily care about performance gains. The argument that you have to have your ride "professionally tuned"; has not (and never has) been my experience. It is necessary you have a basic understanding, and competency at tuning your own ride and any aftermarket kit (other than the ever popular chrome plated lobsters popular in some circles) you purchase. Dyno tuning is at the top of the heap in tuning, presuming you have access to a shop that has one, and are willing to spend the sometimes considerable money to have it done. Even though I'm very satisfied with my current gear, and state of tune..............I still want to get my Spyder into a shop for a dyno tune for that last bit of "dial in". Remember! If your ride explodes and spreads flaming debris all over, to be sure and have someone video and post it for the rest of us! It's always good (and a lot less expensive) to learn from other's mistakes!

packbuckbrew
08-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Flanker has a point, the key is "competency", I have buddies that spend lots of time tuning snowmobiles with aftermarket fuel controllers and all of the other jazz and can get some great results without dynos. But it takes skill and experience and there is risk to damaging the engine. For me, I played around with the JB, tried to find maps that were good, tried tuning at different rpms and just simply did not have any luck. Emphasis on "LUCK", because that is what it would have taken for me to have any real impact on performance. So, if you have an RT, and your like me and have limited experience tuning an engine, either be satisfied with the RT for what it is, a touring trike, or trade for an RS and put bags on it .