PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent...

Napalmseth
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Why did I discover this wonderful machine just before rainy season? :( I have not ridden more than 2 miles in over a week... OH THE HUMANITY!

Any way... Sorry bout that.
Just needed to get that out there...again.

Magic Man
06-24-2008, 03:10 PM
I feel your pain! A week straight of thunderstorms here!

MM

Napalmseth
06-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I want to ride so bad, I'm actually entertaining the thought of getting some good rain gear.

Smylinacha
06-24-2008, 03:21 PM
We've been getting boomers in the afternoons. Today looks good though - just gotta make sure I'm not in a coma once I get out of work.

Napalmseth
06-24-2008, 03:39 PM
ditto... The first rain free day and I drove my car to work instead of the spYder because it usually rains in the late afternoon.

bjt
06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Two words for you. Rain Gear. I have not let rain or the chance of rain deter me from riding the Spyder to work since I bought my waterproof riding gear. :spyder:

Napalmseth
06-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Its not so much the rain as it is the thunder, lightning, and mini lake sized puddles that already send my Nissan 350z into a spin and that has VSS as well.

spyderrider44
06-24-2008, 06:45 PM
If you want good rain gear Frog Togs they are wonderful keep me 100percent dry and don't take up much room the best i have ever had. Good luck :bigthumbsup:

Napalmseth
06-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks, I'm going to look into that, i need to ride.

Roaddog2
06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
:spyder: Just ride in the rain Spyder cleans up nice :bigthumbsup: good raingear is a +

dltang
06-24-2008, 07:12 PM
If you want good rain gear Frog Togs they are wonderful keep me 100percent dry and don't take up much room the best i have ever had. Good luck :bigthumbsup:

Frogg Toggs are good but for me not in a downpour. Maybe for the on again, off again or the light rain. Of course I didn't buy the ones specifically for Motorcycles and that could be part of the problem. I did buy the Tourmaster Defender Rainsuit and it has been great. The nice thing about the Frogg Toggs though, they breath and for the muggy Florida weather, you might like them. The Defender breaths some but not as well as the Frogg Toggs, but they keep me dry in downpouring rain, even a few thunderstorms.

Smylinacha
06-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I've got this Harley rain suit that wraps up into it's own hood - about the size of a dessert plate - I have been in downpours with it and I arrive bone dry. Frog togs are good too - I used those for camping but never rode a bike w/ them on. I'll be riding to work tomorrow on my :spyder:. I'm not nervous about rain, I'm nervous about going to work in a facility w/ 8000 people and having someone sit on my bike when I'm not looking! But I am in the "primo" parking lot (work in the Pres's office) but still, ya never know.

TonyMac
06-24-2008, 08:23 PM
I know you'll hate me for saying this, but I live in San Antonio and we're in the midst of a year long drought. If I had my :spyder: I would be riding it every day (albeit in the 100 degree heat) but at least we're not stuck in the garage. Hope it dries out for you and hope my Spyder gets here soon.

Napalmseth
06-25-2008, 10:42 AM
I just ordered the Frogg Toggs. They seem to be a better choice for the humidity in Florida. At least thats what I keep reading. I'll let you know after they get here. Watch the rain stop as soon as I get them.

theRED1
06-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Just be careful! I was riding the Spyder on Sunday with my gear on, knew it would be raining. 826 Northbound. My sister in her SUV, with the family in front of me. Left hand lane. My sister moves into the lane to the right and I see a slower moving pickup in the lane she left in front of me. The truck hits a BIG puddle. I see the BIG tidal wave of water splash them and had enough time to think to myself, "My turn next"! With a quick glance in the side mirror I hit the puddle at about 55mph and the Spyder fishtailed! I was able to guide her into the right lane, after a couple of waddles, in front of the car I spotted in the side mirror before I skipped off that puddle! Only thing I could think after that was...WOW!

Napalmseth
06-25-2008, 11:53 AM
The 826 is a deathtrap in general. I have avoided that road since I started driving. lol. I try to avoid the highways if at all possible in the rain down here. I would rather sit in traffic at stop lights in the rain than deal with the possibility of someone hydroplaning in to me or me hydroplaning into someone else. I know too well about hydroplaning. VSS or not, you still go for a spin.
But I certainly do appreciate the warning.

dbnc
06-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Don't mind riding in the rain but the highway is a beast...

I ride everyday the weather breaks 50 degrees year round rain or shine...

With the spyder and some heated gear we might just go year round..